Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Updating from 26 – recommendations
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

I really don’t NEED to change.(And don’t get me started on changing standards)
    But if I was to look for an up to date do-it-all, non-race, it-just-works, MTB for Peaks and Lakes what would you be looking at it?
    How the hell do you choose from the crazy big list?
    My gut feel says a ‘hardcore’ burly hardtail.

Sui
    Free Member

Banshee, that way, when you finally succumb to the bigger wheel brigade you can change without changing your frame.. I’m staying 26 until i can’t buy anymore 26 parts…

Garry_Lager

Giant trance 29er if you want the no-brainer route – great bike, great value for money, saves dicking around trying to compare 20 other bikes (18 of which are worse).

LAT

saves dicking around trying to compare 20 other bikes (18 of which are worse).

Get the one that’s better. Starling Murmur.

edit: the 2 suggestions above are also good advice.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Go to a demo day, Steel Is Real are doing one on the 4th of October in Forest of Dean.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just upgraded from 26″ wheels. Was certain I wanted 650b wheels and tested a Bird Zero 29 and AM. The 29er won me over, loadsa fun but fast and comfortable too.

dazzydw
    Free Member

Tried looking up Bird and their website is just a page of messy symbols. Just me?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Fine for me.

bullroar
    Free Member

What Sui said, it is what I did with a Spitfire. Great bike whichever wheel size.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Updating from 26 – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.