Updated and rebuilt 1990's steel Battaglin – 58cm

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Updated and rebuilt 1990's steel Battaglin – 58cm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Updated and rebuilt 1990's steel Battaglin – 58cm
  • campfreddie

Battaglin Alex 25 Cro-Mo4 steel 1990’s road bike.

58cm frame (suit 6ft+) – 57.5cm top-tube

Bought brand new by me in the late 1990’s as a replacement for my beloved Reynolds 531 Graham Weigh. Originally specced up with Shimano RX100 and Mavic CXP30 wheels.

This bike has remained in my family since new. I passed it on to my brother who used it for various events including a Lands End – John O’Groats. He has since passed it back to me having bought a new Colnago C59.

As I already have a nice shiny carbon Giant TCR Advanced as my daily ride, I decided to embark upon a sympathetic update and rebuild using as much in the way of Italian componentry as possible (I feel in love with Campag after I specced it on my now-sold Cinelli Pro Best Of). The works carried out over the past few weeks have included:-

• Full frame strip down and refinish in RAL6027 (the original Gulf Racing blue and also almost identical to Bianchi’s Celeste blue/green).

• Replacement Battaglin ‘Giro’ decal set applied beneath the light sparkle laquer coat.

• Tange Technoglide polished 1” threadless A-headset

• 1” threadless carbon fork

• 1 1/8th polished 105mm A-head stem with reducer shim for 1” steerer

• Deda Piega 26mm 420mm compact drop bars

• Deda cork tape in Bianchi ‘Celeste’

• Cinelli Milano polished-finish bar end plugs

• Polished 26.8mm layback seatpost

• Selle Italia Q-Bik Flow saddle

• Anodised alloy bottle cage

• Full 2015 Campagnolo Veloce 10-speed groupset with 172.5mm compact chainset

• Original Campagnolo white brake hoods

• 2015 Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheelset (Khamsin decals removed)

• Vittoria lightweight inner tubes

• Vittoria Zaffiro Pro 25mm skinwall tyres

• Shimano PDR550 SPD-SL pedals

Also supplied with the bike is a full set of Campagnolo compressionless outer cables in black, original black Campagnolo brake hoods and a black Selle Italia Q-Bik Flow saddle – all new and unused, just in case the new owner wishes to tweak the colour-scheme.

Everything is brand new and other than setting up the gears, the bike has not and will not be ridden. The purpose of the build was more therapeutic (I try to build at least 2 or 3 bikes a year for this reason) than for use or future resale.

The retail cost of the build excluding the frameset is circa £1,200. I am only looking to cover my costs of building so would accept £875.00 plus delivery (or alternatively you are welcome to pick up from Lymington New Forest).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Updated and rebuilt 1990's steel Battaglin – 58cm’ is closed to new replies.