Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Unwanted/Sarcastic Replies To Threads
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Is anyone else fed up with the amount of unnecessary sarcastic replies there are to threads? Seems like everytime i ask a perfectly genuine question some smart arse d**k head replies with a completely useless post about how you should use google/look harder etc etc. c*nt

Anyway, rant over.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Dry your eyes.

GrahamS

3/10

colnagokid

Hasn't this been done before?
    😆

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I see what you did there.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is anyone else fed up with the amount of unnecessary sarcastic replies there are to threads?

Oh yes, I think there's far too much sarcasm on here, it's terrible, and it really really upsets me.

Don't you just hate it when people are being sarcastic ?

joe1983
    Free Member

I don't think it is lmited to this place. Any internet place where you get a group of regulars tends to seem like it is populated by a bunch of *****. They are most probably normal people in real life but everyone has a keyboard warrior momrnt now and again..

stompy

The regulars who spend far too much time on here, think they own the place and fit the STW stereotype of being sad, opinionated and overweight bikers who spend more time talking about their 3 grand bikes than actually riding them……. yes.

Dancake
    Free Member

Every forum has them; I used to be a member of a quad bike forum that was particularly viscous.

I left in the end because the know-alls were in the majority. One particularly annoying git had a Saved "Use the search button etc etc etc" post and then would post about 10 links that he supposed answered your question (but never quite did.

I still want to punch the self-satisfied little c**t in the face even now.

surfer
    Free Member

The regulars who spend far too much time on here, think they own the place and fit the STW stereotype of being sad, opinionated and overweight bikers who spend more time talking about their 3 grand bikes than actually riding them……. yes.

Only the first part of this description applies to me!
    Although the rest is quite intuitive.
    I am not averse to sarcasm but I agree there are a few on here who think they own the place.
    It doesnt bother me in the slightest to see similar questions asked over again. If its been done before then I simply ignore it.
    I dont have a £3k but I am waiting for the Sun to come up so I can go out!!!!
    edit: oh sorry the bit about being opinionated as well!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Spelling and grammar pedantry gets my goat. Incorrectly spelt or constructed spelling and grammar pedantry is just asking for a pedant pile-on!

If you wait long enough somenone will usually be along with a sensible answer though.

iDave
    Free Member

Don't get all upset, but maybe you should google/look harder etc etc and someone is quite correctly pointing this out?

bartat
    Free Member

Perhaps they are fed up of inane questions that are really more about drawing attention to the questioner than finding a response?

Now if you'll excuse me i'll go back to my eating and saving up for a £3K bike.

Drac

Well I'm a regular and that's about it on that list. IMHO 🙄

But yes iDave is right maybe Googling is the answer on many occasions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There are some on here who only ever give a sarcastic /baiting answer which is a bit OTT/pointless/ IMHO.

Thnakfully most of them have self outed themselves on this thread and I tend to just ignore them for the dull opinionated gob sh1tes they clearly are.

finbar
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well said Junkyard.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member

Spelling and grammar pedantry gets my goat. Incorrectly spelt or constructed spelling and grammar pedantry is just asking for a pedant pile-on!

If you wait long enough somenone will usually be along with a sensible answer though.

Firstly, don't criticize others unless yours is perfect.
    "Incorrectly spelt or constructed spelling and grammar pedantry is just asking for a pedant pile-on!" you [u]SPELLED[/i][/u] Spelled incorrectly.

hypocritical…..

Jammy111
    Free Member

cullen-bay – you seem like exactly the kind of tw@ i was talking about.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

jammy, you do know that this isn't all serious don't you @)

tankslapper
    Free Member

Dr Dolittle – Member
    Dry your eyes.

You can take the boy out of Ulster….. 😆

It's a chat forum – get over it.

Often when I post I get such remarks – more than not it makes me laugh at my own stupidity, poor grammar etc etc. I take the comments for what they are.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Don't get all upset, but maybe you should google/look harder etc etc and someone is quite correctly pointing this out?

Well said.

There's a lot of truth in that.

Personally I try and save my sarcasm / rudeness for the clique and attention whores on here though I mainly ignore them all now as it's wasted on them, they are too wound up in there self importance and their need to be loved.

GrahamS

Did anyone bother reading the thread that kicked off this rant?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-much-is-a-223-frame-worth

two useful replies and one minor quip.

Think you're being a bit over-sensitive OP. There is a fair bit of banter on here, but most of it is fairly harmless.

GrahamS

"Incorrectly spelt or constructed spelling and grammar pedantry is just asking for a pedant pile-on!" you SPELLED Spelled incorrectly.
    hypocritical…..

erm no he didn't:

spelt past tense, past participle of spell – Chambers, UK

tazzymtb

I've always worked on the theory that I won't post any comment that I wouldn't happily say to someones face.

"The regulars who spend far too much time on here, think they own the place and fit the STW stereotype of being sad, opinionated and overweight bikers who spend more time talking about their 3 grand bikes than actually riding them" agree totally, althoug I do own expensive bikes, mainly because bike bling is my only vice left.Hope to god (or any other made up invisible being) that doesn't make me fit the STW stereotype!! if it does I'll renounce my boingy bits and go back to time tialling 😀

tazzymtb

must learn to check for typos, especially when I haven't evolved propper opposable thumbs yet, "Time trialling"….jesus I'm a spakka

goon
    Free Member

quad bike forum that was particularly viscous.

Was it hosted on a slow server so that it ran like treacle?

Ahem….

timdrayton
    Free Member

the spelling is s o m e o n e

RichPenny
    Free Member

For iDave and KINGTUT, you do understand that this is a forum, and as such an alternative to googling? Amazingly, some contributors are happy to provide useful answers. Granted, the 100th "what light" thread is going to be a bit dull, but it'll also be small as most people will have contributed to earlier threads.

TooTall
    Free Member

For iDave and KINGTUT, you do understand that this is a forum, and as such an alternative to googling?

*slaps head*

Wow! Thanks for letting me know. Forums are for people too stupid to try the biggest search engine in the internet where thy could type the same question and get THOUSANDS of answers without the sarcasm.

(Tries to remember that the Google website might be a great big secret that dumbasses don't know about who then whine when non-dumbasses tell them they are dumbasses.)

sc-xc

^ so, no more questions about anything that could be googled? Your vision of this website sounds like fun.

RichPenny
    Free Member

No, forums are for people who prefer a bit of human contact. Interestingly, lots of answers to specific questions are FROM forums. Does that mean anything to you?

julianwilson
    Free Member

timdrayton – Member

the spelling is s o m e o n e

😀 Well spotted.

Don't forget a capital letter and a full stop if you're feeling really correct though, Tim. 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Jammy111 – get yourself on southerndownhill.com, you'll love it there. Everything is very sensible and very dull

Jammy111
    Free Member

already am 😉

Kuco

I find google shit half the time, mainly comes up with links to shops but I guess thats how google make their money.

rOcKeTdOg

not got a 3k+ bike? then find another forum!

blimming cheapskates

*goes back to staring at the mirror eating the 5th takeaway meal of the day*

djglover
    Free Member

Why don't you tell the mods if you can't take the prickly comments

Or your mum you big girls bra.

singlespeedstu

Only the 5th RD?

You must try harder.

rOcKeTdOg

i got arrested earlier so didn't have the time for more

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Unwanted/Sarcastic Replies To Threads’ is closed to new replies.