Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Unreasonable price bibs?
  • jam-bo

I want some cargo bibs to complement my new and on trend gravel bike.

rapha core cargo get some good write ups but longevity seems a weak point

rapha cargo are twice the price except for some natty orange ones in the sale. I’m not sure they would compliment my complexion.

7 mesh get universally good write ups but are pretty spendy.

Any other suggestions?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mothercare?
    Do you want those that catch the dribbles?

wait4me

No problem with my Rapha Core’s. Seem as well made as their other stuff. I’ve hammered them for last year and still look good. My go to shorts for most rides.

rOcKeTdOg

Madison roam cargo have been great

lawman91

Go 7mesh for sure. Best bibs I’ve owned by a mile. Spendy, but 3 years later and still so, so worth it!!!

paton
    Free Member

impress your buddies with both buttocks in a pair of boutique infamy baggy shorts.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Rapha Cargo Core here as well – swithered about paying the ‘Rapha’ tax, but glad I did now, as I’ve been hammering them regularly for a year now with no problems in terms of durability, and the comfort level has been excellent. Obvious caveat that it’s a sample size of 1.
    I also bought a set of La Passione cargo bibs, which are slightly older, and some of the flatlock seaming is already beginning to give out – pretty poor given I have a couple of pairs of older bibshorts which are too worn for anything other than turbo sessions now, but still have good integrity at the seams.

honourablegeorge

7mesh have a sale on, these might suit

https://7mesh.com/tk1-bib-tights-1

w00dster

Another +1 for Rapha score. Mine are probably close to 3 years old, used a lot. Indoor and outdoor.

karnali
    Free Member

Galibier do some for around £60

stumpy01

Not tried them, but jimdubleyou recommended the Madison Roam bib shorts to me.
    I’ve got the Madison Flux Capacity liner shorts and wanted something like those but not so meshy g see-through….hence the recommendation.

soobalias
    Free Member

you made me google cargo bibs, just to prove you made it up….

djflexure

I have the 7mesh bib shorts and bib tights. I really like them, probably my favourites at present (have Assos s9 which are similar and some older Rapha). They have quite a slim pad and one thats not sewn in at the edges (Assos do this too). I take a large in the bib tights and XL in bib shorts, which is a bit weird but something I’ve seen mentioned in another review.

Kuco

I have some POC air layer bib shorts. My only complaint with them is the two rear pockets are not very deep though I haven’t lost anything out of them yet.

mos

I have some Rapha shorts including the cargo bibs. The cargo ones are great but the only issue i have with them is they seem to be more rubbery, like they have more elastane in the fabric, this can make them an arse to put on say at the end of a warm day at work if my legs are a bit sweaty.

dti

Rivelo on sports pursuit
    Very good and much cheaper.
    The winter tights are also very good

dti

Rivelo on sports pursuit

Sports pursuit also have some discounted rapha

jam-bo

Bit the bullet and ordered some 7mesh. 10% discount for reviewing something I bought last year brought them down to £162..

jpacey
    Free Member

Bought some nukeproof blackline in the sale a few weeks ago half price at £37
    Very happy with them

continuity
    Free Member

I feel slightly embarrassed for asking for and getting some (albeit on half price) rapha powerweaves for christmas.

£275 RRP… They are nice though…

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Rivelo on sports pursuit

I’ve been using the Rivelos of sports pursuit for commuting and they’ve been absolutely spot on. However, I’ve now done two long rides 3.5 and 4.5 hours and they’ve started to chafe after 1-2 hours. I’ve relegated them to commuting only.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Unreasonable price bibs?’ is closed to new replies.