Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Unpadded bike shorts
  • acjim
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for unpadded bike shorts? I normally use cut off combats with bibs underneath, but have been looking at “hiking” shorts as a possible alternative.

The bike clothing ones all seem to be either DH (so thick and lairy) or lined.

Obviously (!) the cheaper the better

jekkyl

If you’re after cheap just get some of them ‘muddy fox’ ones from sportsdirect and rip the liner out.

GHill

Endura Singletrack? They work for me (but no doubt fall to bits for others…)

loddrik
    Free Member

Hummvees? Never wear the padded liner in mine.

edward2000
    Free Member

I use Endura Singletrack 2 shorts. Seem pretty decent

zilog6128

If you’re after cheap just get some of them ‘muddy fox’ ones from sportsdirect and rip the liner out.

+1
    I have a few pairs of these:
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/mfx-a-pure-breed-urban-shorts-mens-636101

If you just want some pockets (and maybe something to cover your shame!) then they are ideal.

takisawa2

Humvees. Never worn a liner, can’t stand them.

Hiking shorts or, even worse, combats must be awful as they don’t stretch.

Declathon do a good biking clothing range.

But splash out on some Humvees & you’ll be a happy man.

chiefgrooveguru

I wear Singletrack, Singletrack 2 and Zyme without liners. Generally keep the Zyme for colder dry times or more DH play days. I like the tweaks on the 2 vs the original Singletracks.

Northwind

Most quality shorts have removable liners or no liner at all… I use Altura Mayhems mostly, they come with a liner but it pops off and they’re still good value even if you throw it in the bin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Unpadded bike shorts’ is closed to new replies.