Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Unoccupied Property Quandry – HELP!
  • Nobby

Cutting a long sorry short, a few months back our neighbours disappeared one weekend & haven’t been seen since. The house was on the market so, after a couple of weeks, Mrs Nobby popped into the estate agent that had it on their books. They told her the family were selling as hey were in debt & had mortgage arrears but had decided to “do a bunk” leaving the property to be repossessed.

Fast forward to now & the property is now looking quite shabby & overgrown and has attracted the attention of at least a couple of “travellers”. We have tried finding out who now owns it and a Land Registry search has shown the property is still in he family name but also that the Northern Rock hold a charge on it.

I’ve tried to speak to folk at both NRAM & Virgin Money (I’m still unsure which holds the former NR mortgages) but nobody seems to want to help nor are they able to direct me to any “repossessions” office or dept.

Any suggestions from the STW collective mind?

Pook

mow the lawn, trim the bushes,make it look lived in. The appearance of it being abandoned will attract the attention of those who look for that kind of thing.

Nobby

We have already but it’s a bit more about the building itself.

br
    Free Member

Get folk in that you know/trust, before someone else takes a fancy?

trail_rat
    Free Member

You are my neighbour

Ive not been in my house for more than a few days total in the last 10 weeks now.

Although i know my grass is cut. It was duely noted upon my last return that i hadnt been about for a “long time”

samuri
    Free Member

The house opposite our old house was and still is been empty for about ten years.

Doesn’t seem to cause any issues and it meant we always had somewhere to park extra cars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unoccupied Property Quandry – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.