Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Unlocking Phones – Advice please
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Hi, anyone had experience of using unlocking services. Got a T-Mobile phone I want to use on Vodafone – a local service quotes £15 and says they will have to send it away, on Ebay there are some with OK feedback that charge £2. Advice, experiences welcome, thanks

will
    Free Member

I took mine to a shop, they spent about 15mins, and then it was unlocked, didn’t send it away. I guess just depends where you go, have a hunt around your local town, and surrounding suburbs, there will be quite a few places, also try market stalls.

skidartist
    Free Member

I think you might be able to get T-Mobile to unlock it for you, might be wrong though – see here

titaniumtit
    Free Member

Got to a shop that say’s the unlock phones on the highstreet, normally the grotty part of the highstreet.

£10 and 10mins later.

Otherwise the phone will have to be sent away and the code for the phone will take upto a month or so to get hold of from the factory and it’ll cost you £25 or so to go through them, t-mobile, vodaphone or orange etc.

Take your choice.

🙂

itchy
    Free Member

My better half wants to do the same thing and came back ranting on about a Vodafone sim card from Argos for a fiver that means you can keep the same number and swap over networks. I told her she was talking b*ll*cks but apparently it is true – I can’t find it on the net but it is in the new catalogue (again, apparently!). Must be worth a look!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking Phones – Advice please’ is closed to new replies.