• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by stox.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Unlocking iphone
  • stox
    Free Member

Just replaced my iPhone 4 (on orange) for a 5 (on EE)

I want to pass my iPhone 4 onto my dad who has a tesco sim so it needs unlocking.

Help a numpty out … What’s the best way to do this?

stox
    Free Member

Any other quicker, cheaper way?

timwillows
    Free Member

Ask EE to unlock it for you, should be just a code they need to send you

CountZero

Once out of contract it should be free, unless the network wants to rip their customer off. O2 unlocked my iP4 for free, I’ve got a 3 SIM in it now.

Muke
    Free Member

Go and see the phone bloke down your local market, cost me £6

Jamie
    Free Member

Unless you jailbreak, which means possible updates then breaking the unlock, the only people who can unlock the phone is the network.

Kuco

As CountZero said should be free once out of the contract period. Had no hassle with Tesco to unlock mine.

stox
    Free Member

Rang EE and they want £20 and takes up to 3 weeks.
    I’ll take my chances on the high street

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Jailbreaking doesn’t work.

Just do it through ee.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

High street unlocks dont work on iphones, “Market Si the iphone guy” cant access apple servers.

Muke
    Free Member

whoops 😳

Good point mine was not an iphone. I was lucky in that an ex Tmobile iphone that wysiwyg fixed for me works on Asda/EE without any unlocking required.

Cougar

Ring Orange, not EE. They provided it.

spence
    Free Member

Orange and T-Mobile are EE, just had issues getting a replacement sim for my wifes 4S.

The unlock is done remotely by Apple not via a code as with other phones.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

The ONLY way to truly unlock a iphone is to ring network provider and ask them to eamil apple and send the user network code takes 2-6 days and then whatever sim is inserted will work.

Ive tried tge teatherd and non teatherd jailbreaks the cards that you insert into the sim holder to “bypass” the lock and all of them end up “no service”

I rang ee up for the wife to unlock her 4s after she had paid her contract out. The reply was a 15quid charge to send the code I argued to the hilt about how she “owned” the phone and they simply stated read our terms and conditions its our legal policy. So ended up stumping up the cash.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

That link even says they cant unlock an iPhone 4 on Orange/EE!,,

The only 100% safe way is to get the network to do it via Aaple and iTunes.

PePPeR

I had three unlock my iphone4 after my contract came to an end, cost was about £15 and it was done!

Even my iphone market guy told me not to bother anywhere else, it was the only way it could be done properly!

stox
    Free Member

I just did it through EE and paid the £20. Done properly and No hassle

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking iphone’ is closed to new replies.