Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Unlocking an iPhone from Orange
  • peteimpreza

Anyone done this successfully?

Orange customers services say you have to go to a shop.

The Orange shop says call Customer services.

How did you unlock yours?

We are out of contract.

I am talking about unlocking from the Orange network not the unlocking required when you enter the SIM password incorrectly.

Jamie
    Free Member

Both should help you do it.

Edit: but I should add Orange CS are notoriously shite.

spev

My brother phoned Customer Services and they sorted it out, just waiting for the unlock code now (can take up to 7 working days), phone em again and insist (theres a link on the Orange website with the details, just quote that to them)

scaredypants

for my phone (not iphone) orange said it’d cost 20 or 30 quid

as it happened some clever internetty people found a hack for it so didn’t need to bother

peteimpreza

spev could you please you post that link as the only info I can find is about SIM unlocking?

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m waiting for Orange to unlock my iPhone and they say it can take up to 30 days! To me that’s shitte and I’m sure I’m very close to that so I’ll ring them again this week. It cost me £21 to have the iPhone unlocked but at least then it will still accept all software updates including iTunes etc. So if anyone wants an iPhone 3gs 32gb let me know lol.

peteimpreza

Thanks scaredypants.

peteimpreza

O2 are so much better at this. All done from their website and free. Took less than 48 hours last time I did it with them.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m going though the same process with them at the moment. The phone needs to have been registered via iTunes for at least three months (if its still on contract), it’ll take up to 30 days allegedly because Apple have to generate the unlock code and it all happens via iTunes as well.

peteimpreza

Cheers Rockhopper but see my post about the same process with O2.

Orange are clearly spouting bollocks.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Pete

Indeed they are. They are just being obtuse. If you stick to your guns you should get it sorted, but compared to the 02 experience, or even Voda, it is like pulling teeth.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

O2 are so much better at this. All done from their website and free. Took less than 48 hours last time I did it with them.

Indeed. I did mine online with O2 recently. No reason why anyone else can’t do the same.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Unlocking an iPhone from Orange’ is closed to new replies.