Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Universal bike mount for GPS?
  • Esme
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a GPS holder, robust enough for mountain biking? The mount specific to my GPS unit fell apart the other day, coming down Stepback Clough.

Actually it was pretty rubbish beforehand anyway, as I kept dislodging the GPS when leaning forward to open gates. A cradle with velcro or elastic straps would be better, I think.

Any suggestions, please?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

What GPS have you got?

Esme
    Free Member

I didn’t want to say which one, Piedi, as people will start telling me it’s rubbish, and I should get something different. But I’m an irrational woman (is that tautology?), and I like this particular system – so there! 😉

[whispers] It’s actually an Adventurer 2800, but I’m looking for a universal mount.

benp1

Check out RAM mounts, they’ll be one that works well. They’re used in motorbike, might be expensive and overkill though

You might be better off with the one designed for it no?

Esme
    Free Member

Thanks, benp – the universal holder looks about right.

You’d expect the specific mount to be best, wouldn’t you? But the “push-and-twist” system kept failing (typically when I leaned forward to open gates). On reflection, I think the problem might be related to using the extended battery, which made the unit longer. This would result in more leverage when knocked. Also the fitting on the extended battery is in a different place, again resulting in more leverage. Hmmm, I’ll have a further think about this!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sorry, got distracted, back now. I was going to say RAM mounts, used them in the past and been good. Only thing I will say is be prepared to use some bits of old inner tube, etc to make the fit ‘snug’ and eliminate any potential rattles!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Universal bike mount for GPS?’ is closed to new replies.