• This topic has 181 replies, 76 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)
  • United v Real tonight. Any predictions?
  • binners

I haven’t looked forward to a match so much in ages. Daughter number one has been given special dispensation to stay up and watch, as she’s as giddy as me. We don’t have a clue which way its going to go. 8 – 3? 5 – 0 to them? 3 – 0 to us? anything in between? God only knows! It’d be a brave man who’d put money on it, that’s for sure!

Its going to be an absolute corker though! The form both teams are on at the moment. It should be the final really. So who’s watching? (The whole world according to the Special One). And any predictions for result?

scaled
    Free Member

I predict carnage in Manchester.

I’m missing out on a free dinner tonight thanks to the bloody football 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

I very rarely wish a victory upon ManU but against a side containing c.ronaldo, i’m happy to make an exception.

3-2 ManU win.

ransos
    Free Member

0-0. United through on away goals.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

i predict at least a two hour ride to ensure i’m nowhere near a telly…

mikey3
    Free Member

2-2 on the night.

Mackem

Real Madrid will cheat in some way, either by snuffing out Man Us attacks early by committing nothing fouls near the half-way line. (It’s the Sanish national team method of defending) or they’ll win a penalty/free-kick from a dive. Or one of their players will simulate an injury to get someone booked/sent-off.

I despise Spanish football and Real Madrid in particular. Some great players but a bunch of cheats.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ll go for 2-1 to Madrid

Although ManU have coasted the league, a proper european team playing proper possession football will undo them I reckon.

Shame they are meeting this early really.

IHN

Much as I hate to say it;

2-0 or 2-1 to Real

tacopowell
    Free Member

2-1 Madrid,

Is RvP back? I’d like to see him get a season long injury, maybe the little boy inside him will explode from his stomach, alien style.

ochils
    Free Member

should be plenty of goals

3-2 Madrid, Ronaldo hatrick

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I despise Spanish football and Real Madrid in particular. Some great players but a bunch of cheats.

Yeah ‘cos English footballers & the PL in general is COMPLETELY above reproach… 🙄

higgo
    Free Member

I know what I want to happen…
    ~ a ‘perfect’ hat-trick from CRonaldo
    ~ one each from Rooney, RVP and Wellbeck
    ~ a top-left screamer from Paul Scholes in the 7th minute of 4minutes injury time (whether he’s playing or not)
    ~ Ronaldo leaves the pitch to a standing ovation from Old Trafford and is seen to be approaching Fergie with a pen in his hand.

(not all of my predictions come true though)

binners

higgo – surely Giggs to get the winner in Fergie-time on his 1000th appearance? It doesn’t get more Roy of the Rovers than that? 😀

Mackem

MrLebowski – In no way am I saying that English football/footballers are saints it’s just that the Spanish league has taken cheating to a different level. A lot of games are unwatchable.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

An enorormous managerial ego will be inflated further

Sergio Ramos will combine great defensive skills with theatrics that will result in at least one MU yellow card

Ron will “sport” copious amounts of hair gel and blemish cover-up

Poor old Rafael will have his hands full

At least one penalty

De Gea will swap shirts at the end only to reveal a RM top by mistake but thereby explaining “that terrible blunder” in 90+3 – one version for the end

Man U will score late winner in Fergie time 90+3 (hopefully by the bloke who looks like Jason from Corrie) – the alternative version

Can’t wait!!!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

*cough*

<stw>
    who cares, bunch of wendyballers wendyballing stopping me from watching things about steam trains and espresso machines on tv when i should be out riding 👿

</stw>

hora
    Free Member

6-0. Man U are sent packing with their defence in tatters. Ron scores 4 goals and winks at the Stretford end.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No idea of the score but I reckon Utd will go through. Extra time would be nice. Hope it’s a good game though. Two sides in top form.

higgo
    Free Member

I’d take either version, Binners.

Not going tonight :grumpy: but I was there last time when the other Ronaldo got a standing ovation. I suspect we will be good to CR whether he destroys us or not.

aracer
    Free Member

I predict Ronaldo will fall over.

binners

He’ll definitely get a warm reception Higgo. Great ex-united players always do. The only returning former player who I’ve ever see get any grief at Old Trafford was Paul Ince. But then what did he expect? He committed the cardinal sin

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

1-1 – ET – Penalties, Giggs to score the winner.

hora
    Free Member

I predict binners will streak onto he pitch trying to hug Ronaldo only for Giggs and Scholes to grab him in a man-tackle. This will then make Binners life/make him do a little sex-wee.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am looking forward to it, I am thinking a relatively comfortable 2-1 to ManU and a frustrated Pretty Boy getting yellow carded. Real to score first though.

(Leeds fan by the way, but also a football fan and looking forward to what should be a very good match).

kimbers

its probably fixed and they are probably all using the lance armstrong supplement programme

real will win on a dodgy refereeing decision, fergies blood presure will go so high that his head will actually explode

terrahawk
    Free Member

why bother clicking on the obvious thread title?

mikey3
    Free Member

+1 terrahawk.dont get why people feel the need to do that.

Haze

Will be watching from the comfort of my turbo trainer, hoping it doesn’t go to extra time…

hora
    Free Member

On TV or just Sky?

binners

its on ITV Hora. But its one to watch in the pub anyway 😀

mikey3
    Free Member

ITV 1

hora
    Free Member

Wahoo

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

M1llh0use – Member

I predict a terribly dull time for anyone within earshot as you drone on and on and on on about how awesomely clever you are to have avoided one programme on one tv channel, much to the annoyance of those who don’t particularly like football but don’t need to go on and on and on and on about it to the extent of posting about it on obviously titled thread.

2-1 Real, Man U 1 up at half time. 1-1 at 90 mins, Ronaldo scoring the winner in Real time, the euro equivalent of fergie time.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

United will be comprehensively outplayed but will only lose 3-1.

hora
    Free Member

I’m no real football fan but I do like watching the likes of Barcelona or Real play- partly due to the talent/skill and the bar is always pushed up to make it entertaining. I guess a sort of ‘Top Gear-football’ for non-petrolheads.

mogrim

I very rarely wish a victory upon ManU but against a side containing c.ronaldo, i’m happy to make an exception.

This. +1000. Also due to my bloody neighbours who will cheer every Madrid move.

johnellison
    Free Member

I predict –

– handbags at some stage, either on the pitch or the sidelines;
    – at least 5 minutes of “Fergie Time”
    – Ronaldo scoring a screamer of a free kick after blatantly diving to get it
    – Sour grapes
    – Me being on Turf Moor watching the mighty Clarets battering Barnsley into a pulp.

labsey
    Free Member

2-2.

Someone will save a penalty.

No red cards.

Those are my predictions.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Predictions for tonight :-

Loads of fawning pundits sucking up to Alex,
    lots of attempts to kick cristiano off the pitch
    even more whining when he gets a goal from a free kick as a result of said attempts
    Fergie blaming the Ref, God FIFA and everyone else for Real playing better

on the counter side…….

lots of negative defensive tactics from Real
    Lots of subtle winding up from Real to entice reactions and cards
    Fast counter attacks from Real will undo a suspect defense

I don’t expect a classic, not even a good match and doubt I will watch

Oh and true to form and going against the grain at the same time

I hope Real win

MOT 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘United v Real tonight. Any predictions?’ is closed to new replies.