Unite for Europe March

Home Forum Chat Forum Unite for Europe March

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Unite for Europe March
  • willrab

Hi All

Don’t know if anyone is interested, but as there seems to be a lot of disquiet with the idea of Brexit/Article 50, there are marches planned for this Saturday to try and get the views of the other 48% and those excluded from voting noticed by the Government.

https://www.uniteforeurope.co.uk/

It’d be good if anyone could do London/Edinburgh/wherever else there are marches if they care about the outcome.

cranberry

Willrab – do you believe that “brexit can be stopped” and that the wishes of the 48% should outweigh the wishes of the 52% ?

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

The 48 can vote for a party committed to the UK rejoining the EU

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

I’m afraid I’ve adopted the Mastermind “we’ve started so we’ll finish” attitude to Brexit. Let’s just get it done with. Having voted remain, personally i think it will do this country more harm than good to try and backtrack on that once in a generation referendum result.

Ironically, Brexit may well force the EU to change into something more people would have voted to remain.

nickfrog

Ironically, Brexit may well force the EU to change into something more people would have voted to remain.

Precisely – it will eventually get leaner / more pragmatic, but we won’t reap the benefits. But I am sure trading with NZ will help offset the loss.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

Yay a march to solve all! πŸ˜•

Will there be achingly witty placards?

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

depends if anyone has access to some board and a selection of coloured markers

P-Jay

The fight now isn’t to undo brexit, it’s happening next Wednesday, Leave lied about pretty much everything, but the sad thing is a lot of people just don’t care.

The fight now is to remind May that she promised a deal for both sides of the argument, not just the UKIPers she’s so worried about for 2020.

mefty

The fight now is to remind May that she promised a deal for both sides of the argument, not just the UKIPers she’s so worried about for 2020.

With a 16% lead in the polls that must be it.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Oh goody, another Brexit post!……

cranberry

I would like to think that it would reform itself, but there are powerful voices saying otherwise, like Junker admitting that fear will be used to keep other countries in the bloc.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/like-or-lump-the-eu-divorce-bill-juncker-tells-may-dc6vhlww8

chewkw

Unite for Europe March

For one moment I thought I was reading a football team in Europe … πŸ˜›

cranberry – Member
    … like Junker admitting that fear will be used to keep other countries in the bloc.

Junker the tool who peddles fear will soon know his place.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Junker the tool who peddles fear will soon know his place.

Aye, he’ll be sitting in his mansion, still collecting his 7 figure salary, quietly sobbing, muttering – ‘I wish I was that chewkw, spending all my time posting horseshite on singletrack’…

piemonster

You do horse shite a disservice that at least has benefits for my veg plot.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Willrab – do you believe that “brexit can be stopped” and that the wishes of the 48% should outweigh the wishes of the 52% ?

I believe that the voices of those 48% (and almost certainly rising) should be heard rather than “shut up, we won, you lost, get over it, two world wars and one world cup doo dah.”

Do you believe that half of the country should just be completely ignored, that they should be oppressed and bullied into silence? That’s no democracy I recognise.

zanelad

**** the 48%. They lost. Is it such a hard concept to understand.

philxx1975

Scotland is nice this time of year how about a 48 percent increase in population.

wrecker

I’m afraid I’ve adopted the Mastermind “we’ve started so we’ll finish” attitude to Brexit. Let’s just get it done with. Having voted remain, personally i think it will do this country more harm than good to try and backtrack on that once in a generation referendum result.

What he^^ said.

chewkw

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Aye, he’ll be sitting in his mansion, still collecting his 7 figure salary, quietly sobbing, muttering – ‘I wish I was that chewkw, spending all my time posting horseshite on singletrack’…

I rather he retires then cause more hardship to millions of people after all hasn’t he leeched off enough in his job so what’s else does he want? πŸ˜†

piemonster – Member
    You do horse shite a disservice that at least has benefits for my veg plot.

πŸ˜†

sbob

Junker admitting that fear will be used to keep other countries in the bloc.

Bomb Luxembourg.
    That’ll teach the lying bent bastard.

devash

Civil war or STFU.

Premier Icon eddie11
    Subscriber

oh bugger it i can’t resist

no the 100% lost. its just the 48% were right.

ah that felt better.

oldmanmtb

Zaneland I have never been beaten in my life – the remain resistance and the EU popular front will fight on…… and shit on Brexiteers at all opportunities.

willrab

I don’t believe that May should be given free reign to do as she pleases with Brexit, especially given the information coming out of David Davis’ mouth at the Commons Select Committee last week.

If May’s arguments against a Scottish Indy Ref 2 are to be believed she’s either missed the idea of irony or is a massive hypocrite.

Without some kind of either parliamentary scrutiny or a referendum on the outcome of negotiations we’ll be the only country in the EU without any kind of ratification or scrutiny of the deal, hardly taking back control.

With so many people currently in limbo due to this I think the Tory party’s game is ruining many peoples lives and should have some kind of scrutiny.

the remain resistance and the EU popular front

How’s things, Wolfie?

mrlebowski

I believe that the voices of those 48% (and almost certainly rising) should be heard rather than “shut up, we won, you lost, get over it, two world wars and one world cup doo dah.”

Do you believe that half of the country should just be completely ignored, that they should be oppressed and bullied into silence? That’s no democracy I recognise.

+1!

chewkw

Sometimes it is good to admit defeat than trying to hang on to the losing grounds to cause more troubles. πŸ˜†

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

This isn’t a football match.

We want May to listen to us when coming up with a new deal. Is that such a hard concept to understand?

oldmanmtb

Tooting Popular front – bunch of light weights… CFH we are the Northumbria National Resistance proper hard-core..

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

no the 100% lost. its just the 48% were right.

I may borrow that line.

Northumbria National Resistance

Splitters.

πŸ™‚

chewkw

molgrips – Member
    We want May to listen to us when coming up with a new deal. Is that such a hard concept to understand?

What do you have to say or to offer deal wise? 😯

willrab

What do you have to say or offer deal wise?

Or you know, maybe Parliament have a say? You know, because they want Parliamentary Sovereignty?

If they’re so confident they’ll get a good deal why are they so scared of having scrutiny?

The referendum didn’t say what kind of exit we’d get, surely parliament having a view would be good for democracy?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

It’s hard to argue against such a well formed argument, but I’ll have a go.

Democracy, the word that the Leavers hold so sacrosanct, is the representation of the population, not just the ones you agree with. If the vote had gone the other way by the same narrow margin, I’d be all for parliamentary change to address the reasons why many people voted Leave.

Oh I don’t know why I bother, it’s like playing chess with a pigeon.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I may borrow that line.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-uaFnp1rno[/video]

Liftman

48% is not half, 50% is half, anything above 50% is a majority.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

<mod>
    Anyway. The reason this thread wasn’t closed as a duplicate is that it was to discuss the march, rather than retread the same ground as the huge one. You want to argue leave vs remain, or want to be a patronising bell-end, go do it there. I’ll be aggressively deleting off-topic conversation from here on in.
    </mod>

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Unite for Europe March’ is closed to new replies.