Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • wwaswas

jordan & tim – face of sick/grumpy social meeja whoors
    joe – crayons
    lee – ?

There’s always one member of a band who happened to be at the same table in the pub when they formed and just sort of gets dragged into but no one’s sure why or what they’re there for.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lee was the project managers, shirley?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Designer and also the guy behind their impressive renders as far as I can see. AKA “The Brainy One”.

funkmasterp

Head of scrumping?

tomhoward

Yeah, Lee was the designer of everything that wasn’t from a catalogue.

As well paid as Marino, by all accounts.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

What happened with those stems. It’s like somebody started writing a cnc program, did the holes for the bars and steerer then thought sod it that’ll do!!

newworldlobster
    Free Member

spose no need for a designer if no bikes actually getting made

Tim
    Free Member

The stem reminds me the old Tioga and 24/7 DH stems from about 2000

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

@MarkBrewer honestly, it’s like a GCSE project.

tagnut69
    Free Member

with out going over 35 pages, have these charlatans been reported to the police or trading standards?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

with out going over 35 pages

No way we’re making life that easy for you when we’ve all waded through it.

canopy
    Free Member

as seem on pinkbike: one of the directors has quit. and address has changed to the tattoo parlour

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10621767/filing-history

also firsr mention of liquidator in the company ownership paperwork (may mean nothing)

cokie

as seem on pinkbike: one of the directors has quit. and address has changed

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10621767/filing-history

also firstr mentipon of liquidator in the company ownership paperwork (may mean nothing)

Do catchup! See previous page 😉

canopy
    Free Member

ah i did my daily refresh and it slipped by.. 🙂

but no mention of my spot of the new world “liquidator”..

or that the address is the tattoo parlour. which i thought someone said was shut?

( the prev address was this accountancy firm : https://www.easterbrooks.co.uk/ )

why is/was the accountancy firm a long way from everything else? seems odd unless someone was near there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

with out going over 35 pages

No way we’re making life that easy for you when we’ve all waded through it.

🤣👏

why is/was the accountancy firm a long way from everything else?

Friend of a friend/family member recommended?

🤷‍♂️

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m enjoying this soap opera as much as anyone, maybe a little too much but

but no mention of my spot of the new world “liquidator”.

You just saw that in a long list of those who can potentially sign the document. It was most likely not a liquidator, someone way more mundane like a director or accountant.

why is/was the accountancy firm a long way from everything else?

Because they could be anywhere, just Google for one that is cheap.

And as for why the registered address was changed back to Worthing, I can only guess but a change of accountants, fees not paid, fed up with queries about bikes not being received….

garage-dweller

Liquidator is one of the people who can sign lots of different Companies House forms. The existence of the option on the form does not mean one is appointed.

No sign of any liquidator in office on Companies House yet and if they were you’d expect the registered office to move to their address not the shop.

scaredypants

I’ve just pre-ordered one of those liquidators. Apparently super-long* low** and slack***

*(wait)
    **(chance of delivery)
    ***(project management ops team)

funkmasterp

I can’t believe that this is still going on. Loving the idea of a liquidator getting involved. Can just imagine their sad little face when all they have to liquidate is a single, not yet printed t-shirt, some apples and half a packet of slightly warm chewits.

funkrodent

The Irony just keeps piling on. This is one of their t-shirts from the May Drop (whatever that is)

Irony

Given that IIRC the original spat on here was about the shoddy quality of their welds, it’s actually double ironic..

funkrodent

Though in fairness to them they seem to have taken all pre-orders off the site and are only flogging what they currently (if they’re to be believed) have in stock.

I’m still very much of the view that we’re dealing with two incompetents who have got in way above their heads, and are perhaps starting to understand that the language and behaviour of the skatepark/playground doesn’t even begin to cut it when you’re dealing with real people and real money..

Rubber_Buccaneer

the language and behaviour of the skatepark/playground doesn’t even begin to cut it when you’re dealing with real people

I think it would be fine if they could back up their BS.  Big problem is it was all talk and not much else

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

it’s actually double ironic..

Judging from the seat and head tube angles it’s also not one of their frames. I guess they couldn’t even find a fictional one to draw.

canopy
    Free Member

Liquidator is one of the people who can sign lots of different Companies House forms. The existence of the option on the form does not mean one is appointed.

yup get that.. but all the other changes are carbon-copies, this latest change has it added. just pointing out that there is a change.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My wife went out for the evening and I had lots to do.

I seem to have had a couple of beers and read 35 pages of a STW thread, 5 pages of a PB thread, PB’s “interview” and an article by Hannah that reminded me that good journalism is worth a couple of quid a month.

It’s been emotional!

funkrodent

My wife went out for the evening and I had lots to do.

I seem to have had a couple of beers and read 35 pages of a STW thread, 5 pages of a PB thread, PB’s “interview” and an article by Hannah

Good man, it’s a fascinating read. Not good for those who’ve been had, but a salutary lesson on how not to run a successful startup..

that reminded me that good journalism is worth a couple of quid a month

Even better. Get that magic P by your name. Not only do the chicks dig it, they send you a nice shiny magazine (full of half decent journalism) from time to time

stwhannah

@makecoldplayhistory thanks! There’s a code running  today until midnight uk time that will give you £10 of an annual sub: stmem5-125

and if you miss that, you could use staff-hannah5-19 for £5 off at any time, and I get a little commission bonus 🙂

darksideby182

Cheers will use that.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

@stwhannah

Thank you and done!

craigyadams
    Free Member

Looks as though the most recent ex employee has a new venture

https://instagram.com/industrybikeworks?igshid=1h5ibnphhqiqh

plus-one

I’m starting to get sick of this thread 😉

tomhoward

Looks as though the most recent ex employee has a new venture

5 posts between April and November last year? He wants to have a look at Jordan’s YouTube videos if he wants it to take off…

philxx1975
    Free Member

Industry Bike Works
    Industry Bike Works
    Straight up engineering, no BS.
    100% UK designed and made.
    “It’s gonna be a hell of a ride

Heard or read this somewhere before, seriously all these shitty little UK companies should just leave it to the Taiwanese to design and make the stuff for them.

It more often than not winds up being like a bring and buy sale from Blue Peter.

sharkattack

I think he knows you’re lurking him! When I looked this morning there was a post announcing the imminent arrival of the Gnarpoon and now it’s gone.

tomhoward

Yeah, was there when I looked, but it was from months ago, before the indiegogo went live, so could have been related to that.

davosaurusrex

Just saw Jordan near the tattoo shop (which clearly isn’t trading), he had a sack with “swag” on it over his shoulder and was laughing maniacally. Probably full of apples.

Not really (obvs) but he wasn’t wailing and gnashing his teeth either. Looked fairly chipper, considering.

#Stalker!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Industry Bike Works
    Industry Bike Works
    Straight up engineering, no BS.
    100% UK designed and made.
    “It’s gonna be a hell of a ride

To be fair Lee seems to have set this up quite a while ago and he seems to have done his job of delivering designs and renders. If the Death From Above does have a fault in it causing it to crease THEN we can have a pop at him, otherwise he’s just fallen in with a bad crowd…

mashr

If the Death From Above does have a fault in it causing it to crease THEN we can have a pop at him,

Not really. I’d like to think that he’d be crying out for prototyping and testing so that such issues are found. As “the business” is sending things straight to market then I wouldn’t blame him if there are escapes

danposs86

To be fair Lee seems to have set this up quite a while ago

The company is newly registered though: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12036829

Rubber_Buccaneer

The company is newly registered though:

And at least this time his fellow directors have a history of…….incorporating companies, filing nothing and the companies being dissolved.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.