Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • matt_outandabout

I appreciate that my comment had to be edited by the moderators, a shame it was all removed rather than one line altered.

I’m out of this thread now.

perchypanther
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Matt, for the record, I asked for one piece of your post to be removed/altered and made it clear I was convinced there wasn’t an ounce of malice in your bones! Agree that the rest of the post was entirely valid comment. Didnt need total deletion, IMHO.

Bez

I very much doubt they can turn it around – they just don’t seem smart enough.

I struggle with this point of view.

From customers’ perspectives, resolving issues doesn’t require a lot of smarts. You sit down and contact each of your customers directly and apologise, asking whether they’re happy to wait for their goods or they want a refund. You don’t have to be smart to do that, you have to be decent.

It strikes me that you need a lot more smarts to keep extracting cash from people without delivering anything. You’ve got to control the conversation and maintain your image, you’ve got to keep people hanging on long enough by saying some of the right things without actually giving the cash back, you’ve got to make sure you’re not going to get reamed when the bubble finally bursts, you’ve got to do some pretty nuanced stuff below the water to keep that sort of thing going.

I mean, none of that is an allegation. It’s all hypothetical, and whatever is actually going on I’m still just one of the many rubberneckers driving past this whole fiery-ostrich-flinging slow-motion car crash, rather than one of the unfortunate penguins having to sweep up the crazy mess.

But the point is that a lot of bad things are done under the cover of apparent incompetence; it’s a form of The Big Lie, one which relies on people applying Hanlon’s Razor (whether they’re aware of it or not).

Having read a bunch of their messages now, I find them—the emerging pattern—fascinating, especially within the context of the “screw you all/woe is us” rollercoaster of a corporate persona and the business decisions along the way.

I dunno, I probably think too much about what’s between the lines. You probably shouldn’t 🙂

Drac

Didnt need total deletion, IMHO.

It wasn’t deleted.

nicko74

dangeourbrain

Subscriber

I would genuinely love to see their books. I just can’t comprehend how, when all the frames are pre-paid you can run into trouble unless you’ve been utterly negligent or shafted from on high.

But this is a world in which Uber manages to lose $1bn a quarter, despite having basically no employees, no benefits, no large premises, overheads or assets…

honourablegeorge

Uber do seem to have employees and premises, they have a big office here, despite not actually operating in Ireland

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

But this is a world in which Uber manages to lose $1bn a quarter, despite having basically no employees, no benefits, no large premises, overheads or assets…

I imagine that’s very tax efficient though

matt_outandabout

Thanks mods and captain – appreciate things need to be worded more carefully, and this dufus couldn’t find his own post…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

👍

Tim
    Free Member

I don’t know what’s more difficult…trying to find funding for Sick or trying to work out their range of frames:

Shrike
    Sesh
    Gnarccist
    Wulf
    Hacksaw
    Death from Above
    Gnarpoon
    Sleipner

Anymore?

I’m not really sure of the difference in the hardtails, and not sure if the last two ever got further than notional

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shrike
    Sesh
    Gnarccist
    Wulf
    Hacksaw
    Death from Above
    Gnarpoon
    Sleipner

In contrast, how long did it take the likes of Cotic to expand beyond a single model? Make something good. Make it sell successfully. Make something else. Make it sell successfully as well. Repeat.

Bez

You can usually tell if the food’s going to be crap by the size of the menu.

joemmo
    Free Member

According to Cotic website they started in 2002 and the range is now 11 frames. Stanton started in 2010 and have 8 frames if you count the variations in different metals, Bird started in 2014 and have a 6 frame range.

singletrackmind

To be honest , a one man band could do a better job. They are moving low volume, high value items. This is not Amazon or Poundland we are talking about . One item a day . One frame, one box, one trip to the Post Office/ Yoodel MyHerpes depot.
    One.Man. Job.
    Think about it, generate postage label. Bung frame in bubble wrap, tube to protect the stays, bag of Haribo and you are good to box and send.
    Then , after 0945 you can be CEO of a multi national company and swan about test driving luxury cars ,boats , choose your granite woork tops, spec out your home cinema etc.
    They don’t even need a unit, I could run that from my garage .

Fraudsters , they should get the watchdog team involved . Jeremy Kyle is looking for a new job, he can chase after them and shout alot and be antagonistic on camera , just like the canned show., but less fishy

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hope it’s not to soon or raw for some.

Classic Film scene remake

tomhoward

Shrike
    Sesh
    Gnarccist
    Wulf
    Hacksaw
    Death from Above
    Gnarpoon
    Sleipner

Anymore?

AM:FM
    Deathwish 27.5 & 29
    Have Blue
    Ghettoblaster
    There were a couple of variations of the models above too. (Hacksaw v1 and v2, wulf AM, year one gnarcissist etc)

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Bugger didn’t go back far enough sorry for the repost…..

andybrad

Sorry but I’ve no sympathy for these guys anymore. It seems like the attitude of a lot of millennials I seem to come across in that they can do no wrong and its always someone else’s fault or it doesn’t matter. For that alone i hope they burn.

joemmo
    Free Member

Bit of a convenient generalisation there andybrad. Are you sure it isn’t their star signs that are to blame?

Tim
    Free Member

I’m a millennial. Better that than a boomer 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’m a millennial. Better that than a boomer

Yeah, but still shite compared to us Gen X folks!

– Had to put up with Thatcher.
    – Didn’t have houses almost given to us like the Boomers did.
    – Partied way harder than lightweight Millennials do and came out the other side smiling.

😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m a millennial. Better that than a boomer 😉

Wrong.

BruceWee

If they had been boomers they would have ended up with a very successful company.

The key to having a successful easy life is to have been born before 1960.

Stevet1
    Free Member

MTB Rob
    Hope it’s not to soon or raw for some.
    Classic Film scene remake

Posted on an earlier page but it’s genius, funniest thing I’ve watched for a long time. Almost worth all this drama for it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The key to having a successful easy life is to have been born before 1960.

Too right. Talking to a mate a couple of days back, if I didn’t like my job I’d hand in my notice on a Thursday, get the Thursday Oxford Mail and have a new job sorted inside a week.
    Heck, I’ve even had several totally different careers. Very lucky. I still would not want us to leave the EU though…

And yes, that Sick Downfall clip is epic. In fact that should be it’s title.

Sick Downfall – The Movie with Sean Walsh as Jordan and Silent Bob as Dimothy.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Err just realised – that post should read ‘I still would NOT want us to leave the EU though…’

That makes a bit of a difference.

[mod edit: given the nature of that typo, I’ve edited it for you.]

simondbarnes

That makes a bit of a difference.

I was just about to add you to my list 😉

wwaswas

I was just about to add you to my list

I’ve had to do a bit of crossing out on mine.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Phew… I am an arsehole. Just not that kind.

sofaking
    Free Member

top marks to who ever did the hitler /sick film edit

philxx1975
    Free Member

They should get Jamie Oliver in to do their emails.

Bez

If I’d accidentally stated a contrary position on EU membership I’d report my own post and ask the mods to fix it. And if they didn’t I’d probably resort to somehow hacking into the database and doing it myself 🙂 And if that didn’t work I’d probably move to Tibet and become a monk.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

LOL @ Bez!
    🤣

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If I’d accidentally stated a contrary position on EU membership I’d report my own post and ask the mods to fix it.

Just to clarify – are you in or out?

Cougar

If I’d accidentally stated a contrary position on EU membership I’d report my own post and ask the mods to fix it.

Indeed. I’ve fixed it now for him anyway.

Bez

Just to clarify – are you in or out?

Oh, come now, I would much prefer to inhabit the ephemeral layer of people’s perceptions between thoroughly reasonable human being and contemptible arsehole 🙂

Also, one typo and a lifetime of sackcloth and prayer flags awaits.

dannyh
    Free Member

So, has anyone been sorted with a frame or a refund as a result of the Jordan Proclamation?

Just wondering, and keeping this on page one where the Sick lads don’t want it to be………

mehr
    Free Member

It’s a bank holiday weekend, so he’ll claim some nonsense that he cant transfer money. Then into next week he’ll be trying to prioritise refunds in order of original orders. After that he’ll claim bankruptcy

philxx1975
    Free Member

Why do they not just say we have no money but will refund as we trade out of the hole we are in.

I suggest sales are shit and it’s impossible for then to move forward now without backing.

No one is going to back this.

No frames can be paid for from China.

Someone is going to have to put their house on the line if they have the confidence in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.