Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • stevied
    Free Member

There’s some wise words here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzBfM8WNuE0

fooman

who on earth are thse people following them?

People looking for free entertainment perhaps? The reason most people use insta and other platforms. Something like 28K followers? I doubt many of those would ever actually consider buying, just in it for the sick bants.

dissonance

honesty not often seen

Trim down the quote a bit and it becomes accurate.
    What is their current excuse for not answering the questions?
    If I am following it correctly it was:
    We had answered all questions.
    Oh you mean those questions. Well couldnt answer them without checking with the team (I asssume this includes the sock makers/delivery staff etc since otherwise bit hard to see why they couldnt get it signed off with such a small team. Also not sure why the same rules didnt apply for the puffpiece).
    wahhhhh. The forum are being nasty to us.
    They werent asked in good faith (which considering how Hannah clearly tried to be balanced is more than a tad unfair. It isnt her fault that the evidence is overwhelming stacked against them).

newworldlobster
    Free Member

In one of their older videos they show how they use an app to up the following. It’s just targeted automated posting and commenting to increase visibility. Most of those services have been shut down now but I guess there are still some around.

Doesn’t explain why the people who defend them drank quite so much of the coolaid though. I’d say the sick insta is also used by all of the “directors” (lol) which is why the responses can come across quite so disjointed/schizophrenic.

oikeith

Vital MTB put a post on their youtube channel showing a bike check of a Sick Bicycle Co. Wulfbarron with pinion gearbox, not much love for Sick in the comments though!

tomhoward

The only place you find generally positive vibes for Sick is their own insta feed.

Weird that, innit?

(That’s said, even that is becoming more balanced, before any culls, obvs)

newworldlobster
    Free Member

interesting that all of yesterdays stuff is up there still

Gotama
    Free Member

No it’s not, the pic is there but on my feed there are no comments.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

there for me – i think you’ve been restricted/naughty stepped.

nothing says PUNK! like banning people who disagree. question is though… what did you say 😀

tomhoward

Still there for me too. Seems Cranked mag have liked the post. Be interesting to hear their thoughts on the whole saga, think they were one of the first mags to run an interview.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

or dirt, but that’s yer man off PB isnt it.

sebcranked

Still there for me too. Seems Cranked mag have liked the post. Be interesting to hear their thoughts on the whole saga, think they were one of the first mags to run an interview.

I’ve got plenty of thoughts, but I’m not sharing them here (or anywhere else public for that matter). And no, you can’t infer anything into my unwillingness to share…

philxx1975
    Free Member

I’ve got plenty of thoughts, but I’m not sharing them here (or anywhere else public for that matter). And no, you can’t infer anything into my unwillingness to share…

Yet taking the time to confirm.

The whole debacle has exposed the absolute low level of competence in any of the online press , as much as the credibility of “Sick” is in tatters the people reporting on it should grow a backbone also and deliver facts rather than run scared of opinion that hurts their likes, or sales.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

If a magazine writes a piece informing the reader of the merits of a bike/brand without doing due diligence on the brands ability to produce and deliver goods, are the magazine complicit/culpable in a fraud case?

In NA, if a company (a inc) advertises the service of another (b inc), even without delivering the actual service, that company (a inc) can be named and included in legal proceedings.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Out of this whole sorry debacle – one of the only people to emerge with any credit is STWHannah. An honourable chapeau must also go the rest of her team for supporting her. The attempted slurring by Sick of STW is contemptible & juvenile.

It was thanks to Hannah’s piece & Mark’s follow up post that I renewed my sub. Good quality journalism needs supporting!

wwaswas

In NA, if a company (a inc) advertises the service of another (b inc), even without delivering the actual service, that company (a inc) can be named and included in legal proceedings.

so any website carrying adverts from GoogleAds or the other online ad feeds is responsible for every advertiser that has an ad delivered to their page?

or if a newspaper carries adverts for a car service co and that company fails to service a car poperly the newspaper can be sued?

I’ve no idea where NA is but is it near LALA?

sebcranked

Yet taking the time to confirm.

Just being polite, since I was (albeit very indirectly) asked for an opinion.

cookeaa

If a magazine writes a piece informing the reader of the merits of a bike/brand without doing due diligence on the brands ability to produce and deliver goods, are the magazine complicit/culpable in a fraud case?

Well the question really is what’s the difference between an objective review piece on a product and an advertisement or advertorial piece?

So far as I know anything the likes of ST or PB wrote about Sick was on the basis of having had a go on a loaned bike and writing about the bike performed and perhaps their initial impressions of this new company and their products, I don’t remember anyone writing that they were stand up guys you could trust with your money, just that they had a new company, and a “punk attitude”…

Cougar

Dunno about that, but whilst it’d be nice for all reviewers to double-up as investigative journalists the fact that Hannah’s piece alone took two months to put together would suggest to me that this would be an impractical expectation on the part of the reader. Plus, y’know, I don’t think many review sites have crystal balls.

matt_outandabout

I don’t think many review sites have crystal balls

I don’t think PinkBike showed any balls, crystal or otherwise…

The Sick! company directors *think* they’re showing balls…

Kuco

I’m just surprised no ones gave them a good kicking yet. They just come over as thieving arrogant tosspots.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤣🤣🥳🥴

Speeder

I’m torn on the whole thing.

2 quotes come to mind:-

“the road to hell is paved with good intentions”

&

“when you’re going through hell, keep going”

& I think both probably apply in the Sick! case.

When they first started, I thought, and I think said at the time, that the first bike looked wrong with the super dropped top tube and fairly silly length and their attitude towards (mostly) constructive) criticism sucked big time. BUT they almost turned it around.

I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with a couple of born agains trying to tear s**t up in the industry and they should be applauded for, and I fully embrace, their enthusiasm and desire to do something different, hell I very nearly bought a Donut tee (still quite like those). I am however, disappointed to see that their idea of “disruptive” is more fake it till you make it, mañana mañana & subterfuge if not downright lying.

They won’t be the first people to caught up in their own hype and they won’t be the last bike company to promise a bike they can’t deliver. I’d like to believe they could turn this around and deliver something meaningful if they could just sort out their attitude and deliver on promises, god knows they’ve had some interesting ideas and a load of help from the industry but I can’t help thinking the boat has sailed.

At this point a little humility (If they’re capable of it) would work wonders and might even buy them some time.

I’d like to see that big gearbox full sus. I hope the designer’s been paid.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

dangeourbrain

Subscriber

Just as an aside, why would stock levels not being zeroed or indeed being zero have any influence on preorders for frames that haven’t been built yet?

The “stock” is just a qty manually assigned to the item (obviously there should be some logic behind it), it won’t be a fully automated amazon warehouse style operation, it’ll be done by hand.

So for example if they knew the next batch would be 50 frames they’d allocate 50 stock to the pre-order, the system will be set up to refuse orders for which there is zero stock so would prevent people being able to order frames that won’t get produced as part of the batch.
    The stock system has no concept of whether the item is a preorder frame, physical stock of a frame or a t shirt, they’re just text descriptors.

Of course in the particular case the system appears to have been given 10^z stock so that doesn’t hold.

No – it doesn’t quite work like that – at least not with the versions of Shopify and other ecommerce software I’ve used. Generally, you can manually add a number of items that are in stock. Pre-orders or back orders are enabled by checking a separate box. If the quantity is 0 and the back order box is checked it will let the customer order, but will usually display a message (in our case we have something along the lines of ‘This is a back order item, please allow an extra 4 days for delivery’).

It’s possible to change the quantity to 0 and forget to disable back orders, but you’d have to be a complete doofus to do that.

JP

tomhoward

I’d like to see that big gearbox full sus. I hope the designer’s been paid

Don’t hold your breath.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=211801&pagenum=63

points for spotting Hora…

andeh

I’m probably missing something but I never could see how exactly they were shaking things up in the industry. Is it cos they have tattoos and use swear words?

Markie
    Free Member

I’m probably missing something but I never could see how exactly they were shaking things up in the industry. Is it cos they have tattoos and use swear words?

I think it was more to do with novel approaches to both frame delivery and customer service…

dannyh
    Free Member

Any updates? Anyone got a refund? Any progress of any kind?

Kuco

I can see where their novel approach lies, whereas nearly all manufacturers supply a frame to a paying customer Sick decides to take the money and supply nothing but empty promises.

nicko74

It seemed mainly to be in making bikes that other manufacturers wouldn’t (because the geometry wouldn’t hold up to abuse, etc), and in telling customers to go **** themselves. You know, like when kids of a certain age realise that particular words have shock value, so they start to use them all the time to generate a response.

imnotverygood

I would’ve thought that people who like the appeal of buying a bike from a company with a punk attitude should’ve known what to expect.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can make radical bikes, and be a bit different without being dicks.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/article852.html

RustyNissanPrairie

^i had a Racelink (#128) with Avalanche forks and a Park bike. My mate had an FQ and a Park as well. Awesome bike’s, distributor (Ged the Hed) and a great company but the wheels fell off when Pharell Williams invested and Doc left.
    See also Superco.

Sick have referenced Brooklyn a few times and their hook up with ex Spooky Frank The Welder gave me high hopes for Sick which obviously hasn’t panned out

squealer
    Free Member

Anyone else get the sick email selling off old stock frames that are supposedly in stock?

It’ll be a brave or stupid person that clicks buy on those.

stompy

Yep, just read through it…… Usual bullshit, running a business is hard, it’s not our fault it’s just how it is, don’t believe the forums blah blah.

My cynical side just can not believe those frames are ‘in stock’…. Maybe in stock in Peru and Taiwan.

tomhoward

Can’t imagine how pissed off people waiting for frames are after that, why aren’t they at least offering them the in stock stuff?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Anyone else get the sick email selling off old stock frames that are supposedly in stock?

Ooooh. Do share…

newworldlobster
    Free Member

https://mailchi.mp/ab67a5584dfc/deadstock-sale-and-new-garms-for-summer?e=247c187fca

Forum goblins to blame again. We’re all terrible people even though we’re not sat in folks money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tomhoward

Ah, so frames that have been built up, or scratched, or with bits missing, or returns. But you won’t know exactly what’s wrong until it arrives.

Take my money…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, so frames that have been built up, or scratched, or with bits missing, or returns. But you won’t know exactly what’s wrong until it arrives.

If it arrives, shirley?

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.