• This topic has 115 replies, 86 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Unfortunate names
  • cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve just been dealing with a Spanish customer called Mr Alcayde.

Sorry, who did you say was calling ?

*reaches for tin hat and sudocrem cat union flag*

roper
    Free Member

I’ve met Anurag Dikshit.

also an Elton Wong.

theotherjonv

I used to work with Regina Hairie. Yes, it was listed the other way round in the company phone list.

I also know someone called Kerry Taylor, who married into the Oakey family.  But opted not to take her husband’s surname and prefers to be known as Mrs Taylor-Oakey.

martymac

I used to work with a hans christian andersen, and roy rogers.

yes, they had heard every joke I could think of.

roy rogers was a forklift driver, and he had ‘trigger’ painted on the side of his forklift.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I work with two chaps called Dickon Payne, and Russell Hobbs.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I knew someone who’s first and middle names where Richard Edward

Daffy

Dr Mustafa Megahead – he is, fortunately, very clever.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I used to work in a bike shop in Dundee. My boss went on holiday and told me not to laugh when a man who’s name was the plural of gentle rung up about collecting his bike.

Queue a phone call three days later from a man with a good Dundee accent stating he was Mr Genitals and he’d like to pick up his bike, and me biting my fist to stop myself laughing.

MrSparkle

I spoke to a Tom Sawyer yesterday.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fanny Chua

Lovely lass.

thepurist

Richard Sizer, who even called himself Dick

Kent Fuka, he was an interesting one to ask for at reception

And a (quite good) consultant called Alan Careless whose business card said “A Careless Consultant”

SaxonRider

I was working in a picture framing shop and had to call a customer to tell her that the work was done. I think she was Thai or Vietnamese, but her name was Diep Bich.

stumpy01

We’ve got a colleague in Germany called Helmut Schmelling.

And at my last place we had a supplier contact called Chris Cross.

At school there were two brothers; Ben Dibble & Duncan Dibble. They were called Bendable & Drunk ‘n Dribble respectively.

Tiger6791

Oops

SaxonRider

I love the fact that someone, somewhere is going to a search for themselves, find this thread, and only then discover that their name is funny. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member
    bob_summers

only then discover that their name is funny

Not much chance of that.  Kids are bastards.  A mate told me about a lad in his class called Stephen Smell.  After years of teasing, he had his name changed to his mother’s maiden name, only to see out his school years as Smelly Bennet.

Apologies if he’s on here.

IdleJon

I knew someone who’s first and middle names where Richard Edward

Richard Richard Edward Edward or Richard Edward Richard Edward? 😁

retro83
    Free Member

Worked with a guy called Edward Woodward and knew a girl named ‘Precious Stone’

After years of teasing, he had his name changed to his mother’s maiden name, only to see out his school years as Smelly Bennet.

That’s amazing, kids are such bastards 🙂

DrP

My brother in law is John Johnson.
    Just..why?

DrP

votchy
    Free Member

had an email at work from Unal Kont, his email id is ukont

shermer75
    Free Member

prefers to be known as Mrs Taylor-Oakey.

What am I missing here?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Helmut Wanke

Otto ****

Mike Hunt

Just three I knew.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Work with Euan Kerr.

Neville Neville hard to beat though.

Terra

A bloke I used to work with was called Les Behan. In the spirit of  “A Boy Named Sue”, sniggering was often silenced with a left hook.

zokes
    Free Member

Edward Woodward

Or, if you take his “D” away, you have Ewar Woowar

zokes
    Free Member

prefers to be known as Mrs Taylor-Oakey.

What am I missing here?

Her first name was apparent Kerrie…

hodgynd
    Free Member

Unfortunate if you are one of the Hunt brothers and happen to be called Warwick or Isaac ( totally made up ..but I would love to know if  there is anyone out there ….)

poolman
    Free Member

Here in spain Fanny is a popular name, always smile when in a supermarket and the cashier is good looking and has a name badge on saying Fanny.

Lots of chaps called Jesus too, i wanted to get one to work in London with me so i could book a restaurant in his name.

JoeG
    Free Member

I knew a John Thomas.

zokes
    Free Member

I have a fried whose full name is Andrew Robert Smith. Fine, until you just write his initials.

BadlyWiredDog

One of the top guys at The North Face is/was called Randy Gaylord. It was one of those double-take moments the first time you heard it.

zokes
    Free Member

One of the top guys at The North Face is/was called Randy Gaylord.

I can beat that: meet Randy Baumgardner, who even more unfortunately was accused of sexual harrassment, presumable by forcing people to say his name

Cougar

ads678

I met a bloke in a campsite on the outskirts of Sydney called Ray Gay. Apperently his sons didnt li,e it and changed his name. He wasnt happy about it.

Wife used to work with Batman. Well his surname was Batman.

zokes
    Free Member

milky1980
    Free Member

Came across loads when I worked at Barclays, it was the one thing that made trawling through customer listings for sales leads mildly interesting, but I’ve forgotten most of them!  Plenty of the classics, Mike Hunt etc, but some very awkward ones too.  We had an O.B. Laden who was female and in her 70’s, no threat to society from her apart from her walking stick having a mind of it’s own.

Did meet a young lady working for a washroom supply company called Kimberly Clark, they also have a C Dyson!  They don’t supply either of those brands.

splitlip
    Free Member

Used to go to school with a girl called Catherine, her mother was Penelope. Nothing wrong with that you’d think. Unfortunately their surname was Upham, so C Upham and P Upham. An ex colleage’s son has just qualified as a doctor; Doctor De’ath.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My brother went to school with a Ben Down

Mrs PP used to work with a Mr Mann

I used to work in the same company as Dave De’ath, which I think is the coolest name EVER!

Also, Mrs PP had a knee operation and the surgeon was Dr Chisel!

Scapegoat

I once stopped a car and asked to see the driver’s licence. I’d already asked the control room for a computer check on the number plate, and as he handed me his licence the lass in the control room called me back to tell me the registered keeper’s name. She was virtually unable to speak, she was giggling so much, and I read the name on the licence;  It was Dildar Butt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Unfortunate names’ is closed to new replies.