Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Unexpected trip to Wales
  • kevj
    Free Member

I was informed today that I needed to attend a meeting in Newport first thing on Monday morning. Hotel is now booked for Sunday night but this opens the possibility of leaving earlier on Sunday and getting some riding in.

So, with no prior searching on google, where would you stop between say Leeds and Newport? Travel time is five hours so it may be better to ride closer before driving the last leg in the dark.

If the meeting finishes early enough, I’ll ride Cwm Carn on Monday afternoon.

Happy days!

composite
    Free Member

I guess Cannock is kinda in the middle… sort of. 😕

martinhutch

http://www.fodmtb.com/#/trails/4566238961

If you can get as far as Forest of Dean, that is.

carlos
    Free Member

*Come off M6 @ Stoke on Trent, cross country through Market Drayton and Shrewsbury down to The Long Mynd @ Church Stretton. Ride some good natural stuff and then drop down into Hereford, out the other side and continue on your merry way.

*Bit off the beaten track and further from the M6 than Cannock, but worth it imo

kevj
    Free Member

Thank you all for the replies. I now have options to look through tomorrow. Too much choice is, apparently, not a good thing.

carlos
    Free Member

Oh yeah, prob a bit obvious but there is always The Peak. Means a longer drive in the dark though

kevj
    Free Member

Looking at travel times, I may be better riding closer to home.

I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about Hebden Bridge on here. Anyone have a map of a good route?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Unexpected trip to Wales’ is closed to new replies.