Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Unexpected parcel from CRC – What to do?
  • Mackem

Yesterday I received a box with a few items from CRC. There was a second box though, containing a couple of road tyres with an invoice for some bloke in California. I’ve emailed CRC with the details but no reply, maybe they dont care. The tyres would look very nice on my road bike, 30 quid each they were.

So, do I wait to see what CRC say while these tyres are tempting me?
    Shall I just forward them on to the USA and hope CRC will give me the postage?
    Shall I send them back to CRC and again hope I get postage back(I’m in Spain)
    Or should I stick the tyres on my bike and go for a ride?

decisions, decisions

Stuey01
    Free Member

What I would do:

Contact CRC, wait for response (put tempting bits out of sight somewhere), then return them to CRC.

Woody
    Free Member

If you don’t hear from them, try again in a couple of days and if you still don’t hear from them keep them for a few weeks before you ‘enjoy‘.

I wouldn’t be sending them anywhere until you have received a credit for postage etc. and at least you have tried to do the right thing.

brakes
    Free Member

don’t tell anyone and don’t put a post on the internet about them, and put them on your bike
    oh

Shibboleth
    Free Member

If you use them, they WILL puncture… This happened to me once when they sent me a double order of inner tubes. I was plagued with punctures for the next 12 months or so.

I spoke to a priest who suggested I ceremoniously burn the inner tubes and make a donation to the church roof fund.

Seemed to clear the problem up…

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Wait for CRC to reply. My guess is they’ll tell you to keep them.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Chop them up and send them back.

Anonymously.

Sandwich

The old “unexpected parcel ploy” must try that at home sometime!

Jase
    Free Member

As above, wait for reply.

If nothing after a while keep them.

balfa
    Free Member

I had something similar except they sent me £600 road groupset! I was nice and sent it back. Got a £5 voucher in return.

Leku
    Free Member

CRC sent me two chains in separate boxes. One meant for me and one for someone else.

Emailed them and they asked me to post them back. They suggested they would sort me out something for the hassle.

I posted them back and they refunded the postage (after having to ask 3 times). No ‘little something’ for the effort.

Only good karma. Which may or may not be as useful as a spare chain.

Jase
    Free Member

Balfa – £5, is that it, less than 1% of the value of the item you returned!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

a good deed is its own reward

ps id wait for crc to come back to you after 6 months if no contact from them they officaly yours

a couple of years back when i was all happy working for crap cash in the bike shop we had a delivery from the main conti supplier (not madison il get there name in a mo) they sent 250 mtb presta valve tubes to us wrong shop simular name after 6 months they still didn’t bother to come pick them up we had told them so we had a share out 75 tubes i got still going though them with loads left as the week before i got them i went tubless 😆

as per top line a good deed is its own reward

Mackem

They’ve emailed back now. They’d like me to send them back, they’ll give me postage and a 10 quid voucher. Not bad.

toys19
    Free Member

ps id wait for crc to come back to you after 6 months if no contact from them they officaly yours

I am 100% sure this is covered by this law here. They are yours mate.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

if i had known that id have started on those tubes earlier than that down side i proberly wouldn’t have gone tubless 😆

hitman
    Free Member

contact guy in california

woody2000

toys – really? Items sent in error must be exempt from that I imagine?

toys19
    Free Member

read this here consumer direct

they say

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 state that unsolicited goods which have not been ordered and are sent ‘out of the blue’ can be treated as an unconditional gift; in other words, you can keep them or dispose of them as you wish. The Regulations make it a criminal offence to demand payment or threaten legal action to obtain payment for unsolicited goods or services.

However, it is advisable that you write to the trader, obtaining proof of postage, stating that you have received an unsolicited item that you are aware that you are entitled to keep this item as a gift, but that you are giving the trader the opportunity to arrange collection within 14 days at his/her expense. Although you do not have to do this, we recommend it in order to avoid future attempts to secure payment.

See the bold bit, if you want to keep you can.

toys19
    Free Member

Although I am not convinced this is correct. I only found this out by googling…

EDIT: Out of sheer curiosity and because my mates work phone line is free I called consumer direct. The confirmed that the unsolicited goods legislation in deed does apply and you can keep them, but they recommend that you offer them back for good karma..

scruff
    Free Member

I got sent some BMX pedals, I returned them and CRC gave me a postage refund and for some reason refunded me for the pedals I never paid for. I left it there as I decided Karma was in balance.

slowrider
    Free Member

id keep it, not even bother contacting them. but then i already know im legally entitled to do so. if it were a retailer on a smaller scale than crc id think twice but crc are worldwide and massive so id have no trouble sleeping at night.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I had this with Stif, sent the items back, next time I wanted something I spoke to them and got a VERY good price on the item I wanted.

What goes around comes around and all that!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

scruff – Member

I got sent some BMX pedals, I returned them and CRC gave me a postage refund and for some reason refunded me for the pedals I never paid for. I left it there as I decided Karma was in balance.

Were they baby blue? I received a set of Ultegra shifters instead of a pair of cheapy plastic BMX pedals 🙄 . Sent them back but still had to re-order the pedals.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Unexpected parcel from CRC – What to do?’ is closed to new replies.