Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Under £200 headphones?
  • richpips
    Free Member

Having just received a Fiio X3, I’m in the market for a decent set of closed earphones.

Budget £200 max.

I’m looking at the Sony MDR-1R?

MrNutt
    Free Member

B&O earset 3i??

the plugs are a weak point but the sounds excellent

Hohum
    Free Member

I have been looking at headphones around the same price point and I have often seen these recommended and this place is the cheapest as well:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k272_hd.htm#bewertung

However, a lot of people say that headphones are a very personal thing and you should listen to them beforehand and also see how they are comfort-wise before purchasing.

Hobster
    Free Member

AKG K550 are worth a listen.

weeksy

I thought headphones came free with iPods ?

grum
    Free Member

Audio Technica ATH M50 here – very happy with them.

richpips
    Free Member

B&O earset 3i??

the plugs are a weak point but the sounds excellent

Want to move away from in ear type phones. I have some Etymotics already.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh cans, your after cans, they do some too, give em a listen?

somafunk

I was in the apple store yesterday getting a new iphone and spent 30+ minutes trying out the Bowers & Wilkins P5 & P3 models, the P3 model was very decent sounding (in a noisy store) and has the sort of fit and finish that cushions the steep initial price of £150, i currently use Grado sr80’s/etymotic er4-p and plantronics bluetooth in ear but i could easily be tempted by the P3’s….might treat myself for xmas.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

http://www.whathifi.com/review/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-adidas-originals

But get the standard black ones, basically professional audio industry standard…
    And in a hope style, you can get spares to replace and repair when/if stuff wears out

MSP

Focal spirit one.

joolsburger
    Free Member

sennheiser 558 or if you can find a pair for that money 600’s I think you’d struggle to do better, they make brilliant headphones.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sorry not paying attention ignore me

lodious
    Free Member

I use Sennheiser HD650’s and Bayer 880’s for monitoring. I prefer the 650’s (the 880’s are a bit hifi sounding) but really like them both. The 650’s I got from a store in Germany (can’t remember what it was called) but they were c.£140 + cost of an IBAN. Might be worth a google?

The 650 can go really loud without sounding ragged, they have a bit of a subdued top end, but really, really nice. I had a pair of mid range sennheisers (might have been 595’s) and they sounded pretty poor compared to either the 880’s or HD650’s.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Sennheiser RS180 wireless. They are operatic in performance. Well chuffed with them.

£170-ish.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I am by no means an expert but I would second the Akg 550 recommendation.I got mine about 1 year ago and have been very impressed with the quality of the sound.

vorlich
    Free Member

I have a boxed pair of SoundMagic HP100s I’ve decide to move on as I’m not using them as much as I thought I would. Bought in August, used maybe 10 times. Looking for £130 posted. Great sounding, but the looks are a bit 😯 for out in public, if that’s a consideration.

AlexSimon

I’m still astonished by my Beyerdynamic DT531. Now 10 years old.
    I have a headphone amp, but even just driven off the PC, they are just incredible.
    I wear them 3 or 4 hours a day every workday. Never tiring, always natural.

I’ve replaced the pads twice. Still haven’t heard anything as good apart from the top-of-the-range beyers.

They are very open though – as in other people can hear them and I can hear other things.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I had some Parrot Zik headphones, amazing with an iphone due to the control method with a finger swipe to advance a track to the next or adjust the volume. Bluetooth connection so no wire to snag.

Sold them because they sounded rubbish.

Now got some “in ear” Shure 425’s. they’re superb if you like in ear thingies.

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks folks for the suggestions.

Vorlich thanks, I’ll have to go to a shop and try some. May be in touch.

vorlich
    Free Member

I’m not sure how easy they are to find on the high street, but if you’re interested you can get me at <STWusername>@gmail.com.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Under £200 headphones?’ is closed to new replies.