Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Unbelievable iPad drawing of Morgan Freeman
  • JonW
    Free Member

I thought it was a photo when I saw the finished article! Incredible that the artist can create this on an iPad.

[video]http://youtu.be/uEdRLlqdgA4[/video]

avdave2

200 hours to recreate something produced in a 200th of a second! I’ll stick to shoving wool in my orifices thanks. 🙂

Actually very impressive from a technical point of view but it does seem to lack imagination to use that skill to reproduce a photo without adding anything to it.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I have a friend who does similar stuff – more stylised and less photo-realistic though:

Don’t know if this link will work, but here’s one of her “work in progress” videos:

People ask me how I do my illustrator drawings or theres the ones who think it's just traced or I use some effect but…

Posted by Natalie Riley on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

zilog6128

Actually very impressive from a technical point of view but it does seem to lack imagination to use that skill to reproduce a photo without adding anything to it.

Agree with that, check out his other videos though. Some are more like a traditional pencil drawing, plus there is some cool Dr Who comic-style art. The guy is seriously talented! Great find OP.

I have a friend who does similar stuff – more stylised and less photo-realistic though:

Tracing over a photo so it looks like a live trace from Illustrator? I’m sure there’s a good reason for doing it, doesn’t show much skill or creativity IMO though.

CountZero

Technically, that’s an astonishing piece of work, and I truly admire the dedication and application that went into it, but I really prefer the more impressionistic early version.

johndoh
    Free Member

Tracing over a photo so it looks like a live trace from Illustrator? I’m sure there’s a good reason for doing it, doesn’t show much skill or creativity IMO though.

Looks more like a Photoshop filter to me…

Bregante

And the second one looks nothing like Morgan Freeman.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Looks more like a Photoshop filter to me…

I’ll let her answer that herself:

Some may not see this as real art but that is where your wrong, art is about experimenting with different styles/ materials etc, I never used to be a fan of illustrator always doing art more the traditional way but I have found the eye for detail I have developed while doing these illustrator drawings has improved my pencil to paper sketching too. It’s good to be different and form unique pieces of art, you just have to explain yourself that bit more as people can’t believe you have the patience to do something like that!!

I think her illustrator drawings are pretty cool and, as with the dude above, she’s pretty handy with pen & paper too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Some may not see this as real art but that is where your wrong

But she is no more right than we are wrong – art is subjective.

And for me, creating something that could have been done with a few filters in Photoshop shows little creativity.

IMO of course.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ozox9LfC1rxmv8to1_500.jpg[/img]Terry Cook paintings

that is interesting but i think these are far more impressive.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I saw this on facebook earlier. I am now subscribed to this guy on YouTube. I am humbled by the talent some people have.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Unbelievable iPad drawing of Morgan Freeman’ is closed to new replies.