Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ultra Ever Dry
  • partickbateman
    Free Member

Saw this video doing the rounds and assuming it’s legit, my first thought was how it would work with mountain biking applications. Completely repels water and mud:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IfUaKXasdD4[/video]

Clothing seems the obvious first application, but going beyond that, what about bikes themselves? Repelling oil wouldn’t be great for the drivetrain obviously, but how do you think it would work with frames? Really tempted to buy some and have a play but don’t want to spend whatever the equivalent of $150 is without some second opinions.

robsoctane
    Free Member

OMG, WTF!

Amazing stuff, I want it on my ME Fang jacket to replace DWR. I wonder how durable it is? (I was watching with sound off).

partickbateman
    Free Member

Apparently it lasts a while, the main thing that wears it down is abrasion. So technically it should be fine on clothes and frames. Not sure if it’s completely clear though.

Tempted to say what the hell and buy some anyway.

brakes
    Free Member

I’d put it on tyres, might stop them clogging and save me from cleaning them (not that I ever do)…

matt_outandabout

Or reduce friction to zero… 😯

brakes
    Free Member

even better, think how fast you’d be with no rolling resistance

shermer75
    Free Member

That is mind boggling

lister11
    Free Member

Goggles………we need this in clear.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I just stumbled upon this and found the thread from searching in Google. My mind is blown, but then I wondered if this is “DWR coating” but available to the consumer market? However reading a bit more suggests there’s some nano magic going on.

It would be great on so many things; 90% of the bike (I wouldn’t want it on my tyres, braking surfaces or drivetrain), tents, hard household surfaces, outside of the car, windows, etc

I think the friction to drivetrain surfaces from shifting etc. would wear it off, also they kind of need the oil to stay lubed/not rust. Sidewalls would be good but I think treads need to be left to do their thing, also again the wear would strip the coating immediately.

OP, have you taken the plunge?

gasyz
    Free Member

Thats ace,I’d spray my dog

nealglover
    Free Member

outside of the car, windows, etc

It would be ok on car paintwork as long as you didn’t care what your car looked like.
    It’s not clear and would ruin the look of the paint.

I’ve seen it on a test panel and it looks crap.

You wouldn’t want it on your windows either. As you wouldn’t be able to see much.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Hmm, fair point. The dog’s a good idea!

nealglover
    Free Member

For car window glass, this stuff is brilliant.

It’s what I use and all my customers seem happy. I have it on my van windows, and never need my wipers on in the rain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ultra Ever Dry’ is closed to new replies.