Ultimate Trail Bike

Home Forum Bike Forum Ultimate Trail Bike

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Ultimate Trail Bike
  • skywalker

No need to “custom build”. Trek Remedy 9.9 is the ultimate trail bike.

I have all the parts and there is no way I would pay 3k for a Trek frame

Aren’t they about a 67/68 degree head angle? imo that’s about spot on, my Bullit has that and it feels just right for anything I’ve ridden so far. Any slacker and it’d feel like a barge.

Yeah basically.

Feel livelier than my Five on the single track which is what I want, thats why I was thinking Blur LTc.

reggiegasket

the future is carbon full sussers, with about 140-160 travel, as in Mojo HD140/160, with 28 lb builds and dropper posts. Maybe even lighter with 1×10 and carbon rims.

I love my BFe but that’s the way I see it going.

Chadders

No need to “custom build”. Trek Remedy 9.9 is the ultimate trail bike.

I have all the parts and there is no way I would pay 3k for a Trek frame

But what about £1500?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/remedy-99-2011-mountain-bike-frame-ec023984?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

skywalker

Already seen that Chadders, still not too keen TBH.

headpotdog

Yeti SB66. Lovely…

mark walker

iv got a carbon nomad,the best pipe iv ever road,my magic carpet.

skywalker

iv got a carbon nomad,the best pipe iv ever road,my magic carpet.

Nice bikes but that’s one thing I definitely don’t want.

emmodd

2nd SB66!

sambob

SB66 carbon ftw.

PJM1974

There’s a lot of bike pron out there that I’d love to own, but my own experiences are somewhat limited.

Despite the fact that my ’09 Wolf Ridge is an absolute bloody hoot, my old Enduro is acceptably stiff, can be ridden for hours without tiring me out and still amazes me each and every time I ride it.

Now I’ve stopped trying to make the Enduro the bike for all occasions and have simply installed sensible components on it (aside from the 710mm bars), it’s become the bike I always wanted it to be. It’s taken eight years of trial and error.

reggiegasket

the best pipe iv ever road

snaking like a big matt-black Buick

rj

Probably a Nomad or Alpine 160.

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

I’m still waiting for my SB 66.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I will recommend what I own, obviously (to be fair, that’s not just bias, if it wasn’t my favourite bike I’d have sold it and got something that was- I’ve churned hardtails but the Hemlock’s been a keeper)

That said, it’s not light, so if there’s something that could have the same ride character and weigh as much as an ASR5 or something, that’d do me.

skywalker

SB66 sounds damn good actually, they aslo do a carbon version and it has a perfect ETT length for me……hmmmmmm.

ASR5 sounds good also.

BMC09

stanton slackline for HT, still looking for a new FS, so will follow 😉

hows you boys with the SB66’s find it descending? hearing very mixed reviews, but it looks sooo nice 😛

kudos100

Slackline for me also. It’s the only frame I’d swap my sovereign for.

Full suss it would be the blur trc. If they make an ally version I will get one at some point. Carbon pffft. Overpriced biros.

After many attempts (Turner, Cove, Orange, Marin, cycle craft, cannondale, Nicolai, on one, etc) my ultimate trail bike will soon be a Nicolai Helius AC 29er…. Can’t wait !!!

haggis1978

What about an Ellsworth epiphany? I have one and it’s a superb machine.

M6TTF

Proper fugly though

I would stick to the orange brand, they have excellent after care. Highly recommended!

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

I’m torn at the moment between the machismo of ‘All Mountain’ burly biking that massages my ego and the less trendy and not so tough more XC end of the trail bike spectrum.

On the downside its burly all the way and on the up side its more XC trail…

I have no experience of trendy boutique bikes this side of the millennium so I see no point in saying a Yeti, Intense, Santa Cruz, Nicolai etc. So I’ll go with a Trek EX8 or a Specialized Stumpjumper Evo.

Premier Icon Paceman
    Subscriber

YETI 575 / ASR5 / SB66

Take your pick 😉

kaesae

Owned quite a few bikes and for me the Trek and Giant line ups at the moment are as good as it gets.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Wouldn’t mind a carbon version of my Mondraker Dune, with rear X12 axle, Bos Deville fork, Reverb, XTR and blingy carbon wheels.

Won’t lose any sleep over not having one though.

skywalker

YETI 575 / ASR5 / SB66

Take your pick

If I only had 1k ish to spend it would be this in turquoise I recon

Premier Icon Paceman
    Subscriber

’tis a bargain that is Skywalker

skywalker

Actually that colour is bloody nice, doesn’t look it in that photo but it does in this one.

tazzymtb

for me it was my ellsworth epiphany silly light, super fast and extremely capable

or

sinister splinter- just plain mental in an encourages you to go waaaay too fast followed by leaving massive skid marks in your shorts and on the trail. Frank makes blinkin amazing bikes, the gruitr looked like a loon as well

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate Trail Bike’ is closed to new replies.