Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Ultimate Trail Bike
  • skywalker
    Free Member

If you were building the ultimate trail bike, what would be your fame of choice and why?

jonk

I’d be split between a 5 and a Heckler.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I’ll get started. I’ll say a Cotic BFe because of the supposed good handling, heftiness and ability to handle any length fork I’d realistically need in the UK.

mountainchub
    Free Member

I love my heckler – when it comes time for a new bike I’ll get another one ?

Digger90
    Free Member

5 Spot.

End of thread.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A Cotic Bfe, I have one and its the ultimate. But if it were to be a full suspension bike, then it would have to be a short travel, superfast full susser like a Commencal Super 4, or a Pivot Mach 4, they look awesome.

skywalker
    Free Member

Ahhh, it has to be full suspension, and money no object. I kind of missed out these important details.

Bregante

My Helius CC

vinnyeh

What’s a trail bike?

Oh, and my Mojo HD140, anyway. It’s got all bases covered.

then it would have to be a short travel, superfast full susser like a Commencal Super 4, or a Pivot Mach 4, they look awesome.

😆

jedi

depends on the trails you ride

br
    Free Member

456Ti

Bregante

Getting the picture yet O.P? 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

I have ridden several ultimate trails, different bike each time

skywalker
    Free Member

Yeah, whatever you lot currently own 😆

Maybe I should have said your dream trail bike, or not.

MSP

I found the angles on my heckler a bit steep for the amount of travel, when the trails got steep I felt too on top of it, a heckler with a couple of degrees slacker head angle would be perfect for me. I don’t know which bike that would be, but I have always liked the look of the nicolai’s if the angles matched my likes it would be my first choice.

chvck
    Free Member

Some sort of 4x bike

Bregante

Maybe I should have said your dream trail bike, or not.

Same answer! 8)

skywalker
    Free Member

Theres nothing steep round my way so it I don’t need a slack bike, tends to take the fun out of it slightly anyway. I’m looking for something for tight twisty singletrack, and the odd weekend away to somewhere with hills, and all day epics.

Bregante

I.thought you’d settled on a Five Tracer Blur Blur LTc?

Have you demoe’d any of the above?

skywalker
    Free Member

I own a Five.

The Tracer is out the window, I don’t need that much travel or weight to carry round.

Blur LTc is a possibility, so is the TRc.

Not demoed either yet. Need some more bikes to add to the list first.

nick1962
    Free Member

MarkN
    Free Member

My vote would be for a Heckler. Great do it all bike IME.

Bregante

What do/don’t you like about the Five. Hecklers are a great bike btw.

skywalker
    Free Member

What do/don’t you like about the Five.

I like the Five, it rides well, just becoming a bit common thats all.

Plus my brother just bought one, which makes it extra less special (or him more special)

I fancy something different, something in the superbike category.

schmiken

Scott Spark RC.

nmdbase
    Free Member

I found the angles on my heckler a bit steep for the amount of travel, when the trails got steep I felt too on top of it, a heckler with a couple of degrees slacker head angle would be perfect for me.

That’ll be a five then 🙂

Five & Heckler, repeat 10 times.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not been done yet. I’m yet to ride a sus system which I would consider perfect, I’d like the performance of knollys 4xfour downhill and DW link on the ups in a stiff strong and light carbon package like LTc or carbine. I think it’s actually impossible.

andrewh
    Free Member

If I ever get the funds the replacement for my current one will be one of SC Bullit, Orange Patriot, Pivot Mach 5.7 or Yeti ASR-7. Veering towards Yeti but the only one those I have tried was the Patriot, very good. Also loved the similar Sub-5 (does that date me?) but hated the also similar Sub-3, mainly due to lack of ground clearence.

nmdbase
    Free Member
    skywalker
    Free Member

Wrecker – the Intense Carbine is so nice!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

BFe.

Kryton57

No ones mentioned an ASR-5. Gotta be in the top 5 at least…….

dreednya

I had a Heckler and have to agree that for smiles per mile it is one of the best trail bikes out there.

Got a Mojo SL after I cracked the down tube, and find the mojo better on single track and descending and pretty similar climbing (built the Heckler light to 28 lbs and the Ibis is in a heavier build at 28 lbs!) Mojo is I’m afraid way better and far more capable than me 🙂 – it is also twice the price for the frame…….

trailmoggy
    Free Member

5 spot, not sure about the new one but my old horst link was mega

skywalker
    Free Member

ASR-5 carbon is pretty nice

_tom_
    Free Member

I found the angles on my heckler a bit steep for the amount of travel

Aren’t they about a 67/68 degree head angle? imo that’s about spot on, my Bullit has that and it feels just right for anything I’ve ridden so far. Any slacker and it’d feel like a barge.

Chadders
    Free Member

No need to “custom build”. Trek Remedy 9.9 is the ultimate trail bike.

Mike
    Free Member

Mojo HD would be my choice

juan
    Free Member

the same as I have nox the meta 55 😉 only the new one 😉 :p

nmdbase
    Free Member

Aren’t they about a 67/68 degree head angle? imo that’s about spot on, my Bullit has that and it feels just right for anything I’ve ridden o far. Any slacker and it’d feel like a barge.

68.3 with 150 revelations

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate Trail Bike’ is closed to new replies.