Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • ultimate MTB Holiday?
  • mactheknife

Wee video i made of last years Ultimate Pyrenees trip.

Ultimate Pyrenees 2019

Marin
    Free Member

Mont Blanc Enduro with Endless Trails/Ben Jones is a great trip. Great riding, hotels, food, would recommend. Did it a couple of years ago.
    Nepal is a great place to ride been out there a few times independently not with H company. The experience, culture, people are amazing but the trails in the Alps are better if you just want the ride.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

We did Ainsa on a smallish budget 2 years ago ourselves with friends in an Airbnb apartment in town, had a secure cellar with a workshop in the basement, 100m in to the town square, pretty much ate at every place in the square and others in town, theres quite a few small bars too. Riding is great and can be straight from the door or chuck the bikes in the van for slightly more distant Zona Zero trails, generally plenty of climbing but worth the effort, there is plenty for non bikers, canyoning, kayaking, loads of decent hiking close by as its the base of the Pyrenees after all (check out Ordesa national park, the 4wd trip across the top edge to look down into it is worth it for the views and also Anisclo valley is pretty impressive too), its also worth trying to work out when they feed the vultures on the hill opposite town as a few hundred vultures circling above you before feeding is pretty impressive.

alpin
    Free Member

Canazei EWS

Meh…. It’s good for a day or two, but the EWS made it look better than it is on reality.

Why not have a think about doing something completely different… Cross the alps, North to South. Plenty of routes, with our without a guide and a real sense of adventure and achievement.

(I used to guide transalp tours a few years back, can help with info if you need)

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We did Grand Junction/Moab for 40th. We had been twice before, but it was still excellent. Time of year is important for Moab as it can be too hot.

For my Brother’s 30th we did a Canadian Rockies roadtrip. This was self organised and guided, as id done a summers house swap in BC prior, so had the relevant knowledge. Finished with a week with Bearback in Whistler. Fantastic.

I have done 2 week road trips in the Alps riding at different places every day or so, but riding all day, every day. In the past, and this applies to the BC trip too, enthusiasm, planing and opportunity, have outweighed the endurance and motivation of some of my companions – and these guys are good riders who are up for it, but 2 weeks super intensive mtb can break you. Some “Holidays” end up two weeks later with knackered PTSDed riders and new bikes required.

Switchbacks at Bubion are excellent.

Last summer I took a Levo to the Southern Alps. It was transformational in terms of what I could do. No flying with an ebike though.

bikenski
    Free Member

There’s some great riding around Molini, Italy – check out Riviera-bike.com. Easy shuttle from Nice airport, fully catered in an Italian hotel and amazing (and quiet) variety of trails. For those who want a rest day, there’s loads of pretty Italian villages to explore and its not too far from the coast. When I went (quite a few years ago now) we did some big ‘all mountain’ days starting with van uplift, reasonable pedal and then mega long singletrack descents, mixed up with full shuttle days, Would definitely recommend.

willt
    Free Member

Moab is technical just look up Portal. Slick Rock wasn’t all that to be honest but had to be done just to tick it off.

mahalo

Mont Blanc Enduro with Endless Trails/Ben Jones is a great trip

this looks the business! Their Italian Lakes trip looks amazing too.

How come their weeks are about 400 quid more expensive than the competition?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘ultimate MTB Holiday?’ is closed to new replies.