Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ultimate Bike Hire, Majorca
  • Jay76
    Free Member

Off to Majorca next Spring for some road riding and looking to book some bikes soon.

Anyone heard of this company?

https://www.ultimatebikehiremallorca.com/

Prices are good but can’t find any details or reviews about them online. Can’t even seem to find the address given on their website on Google Maps.

toomba
    Free Member

Never heard of them but can really recommend Berganti bikes.
    Really good service and came straight away with replacement wheel when on of our lads broke a spoke

cookeaa

Also off to Majorca riding next year, would be interested in good bike hire places…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jay76
    Free Member

Cheers for the recommendation. Looks like a good option but unfortunately they don’t deliver bikes when we’re there and we’re staying in Port de Pollenca which is too far away from them to collect.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

There are loads of places in port pollenca / alcudia. I’ve used wheelsport twice which were good.

andyeez
    Free Member

`Used bike island mallorca for road bikes last year and had great bikes and service. They are just behind hotel Daina in PP, highly recommended…

https://www.bikeislandmallorca.com/

ampthill

I have friend that does guiding and massage in Porto Pollensa.

She also hire out bikes

https://oqservicecourse.com/

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bro in law hired from pro cycle hire in port de polensca last two years

Seemed good value and well specced bikes so long as your not a brand snob.

We also hired an ebike for the wife last year from e bike Mallorca in alcudia which wasnt cheap but was good value for the spec of bike.

Jay76
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll check out those recommendations.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Depending on quality of bike you’re hiring, I’d recommend taking your own tyres. I’ve been to Mallorca a few times and tyres have been the major weakness in each of the hire bikes I’ve had.

JAG

Hired bikes from The Pinarello Experience in Porto Pollensa twice.

Good service and no issues – recommended :o)

swavis

I used Bikemont in Alcudia this year and will be using them again next year but from their Porto Pollensa shop.

oldtennisshoes

My favourite is 2gocycling.com in PP.
    Most are good, but I don’t like (Bruce) who owns/runs Pro Cycle Hire and so avoid that shop.

13thfloormonk

Depending on quality of bike you’re hiring, I’d recommend taking your own tyres. I’ve been to Mallorca a few times and tyres have been the major weakness in each of the hire bikes I’ve had

This!

Last time we were there we hired from rad-international, good service and prices, but the brand new cheap conti tyres were still ‘squeeky’ when we took them out, plus we were given them inflated to 120psi and they refused to lower the pressure for us as they insisted we would puncture and/or damage the tyres. Anyway, 120psi and squeeky plastic tyres does not a confident descender make!

My mate actually managed to tear the rear tyre to bits, I assume through locking up too much, and they replaced them free of charge. Will definitely be taking my own tyres next time.

Jay76
    Free Member

Looked at a fair few options but due to us being there the weekend of the Majorca 312 availability seems to be pretty limited!

Ended up booking some bikes from 2gocycling.com. Now we just need some decent weather at the end of April!

hardupdad

These have always been the best on my trips Mallorca Bike Hire

butcher

I used Mallorca bike hire and could definitely recommend. Saddle and stem set to exact measurements when I got there, didn’t need to make any adjustments at all. And no questions asked when I took it back.

One of my reasons for choosing them was that all their bikes come with UK brake setup, front-lever on the right.

eddie11
    Free Member

Mallorca bike hire, pro cycle and bike island Mallorca have all been good to me over the years. I think most shops are pretty good out there. If it helps I met mallorca bike hire owner last year out riding and he was a really nice bloke so that swung it for me this year.

beetlecrusher
    Free Member

Always used Pro Cycle Hire when we have been out their a few times, sometimes March , and on a family holiday early June, Bruce was always helpful to be fair, cant fault him.
    First time we booked 2 Colnago’s for the 5 days we were there, my lad sorted it on line, you get a good choice, i.e, make of bike, std gearing, or compact/super compact etc, AS LONG AS YOU BOOK WELL IN ADVANCE, especially March/April mad season.

We provided them with all measurements, reach, bar height/etc etc and the Bikes were set up just like our own !
    make sure you ride out and do Sa Callobra, 10 k descending and climbing switchbacks bloody awesome mate, just dont have a belly full of paella at the bottom !, go to cafe at the top, for coffee etc, and free Oranges from the old guy, proper character.

willstaffs
    Free Member

I have used Pro Cycle Hire 5 times and had no problems at all, decent enough bikes if not a little battered.

This year I used Arrivo cycling and cant recommend them enough, I had a brand new Giant Defy which they took time in setting up for me and sorted a problem with it I caused with no fuss.

They deliver or have a shop at Duva Hotel and another somewhere in PP.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate Bike Hire, Majorca’ is closed to new replies.