Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ultegra 6800 cassette range Q
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace my current rear 11-28 cassette to an 11-32. Looking on the shimano spec’s against the rear deruallier it says the range is either 32/12 or 28/11, which I take to mean if you want to run  a 32T sprocket you can only go down to a 12T and not an 11T at the other end. However looking at the specs against the cassette they are available in 11-32 but not 12-32, so seem to contradict the other spec.

Can anyone help me decipher the spec. sheet, I’m sure I’m reading it wrong.

Cheers.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you have a 6800 rear mech then Shimano say you need a GS cage version with an 11-32 cassette.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks Mister P, didn’t realise Ulegra came in two cage sizes. I’ll have to measure up to see which one I have. I have a Tiagra with GS cage so could swap over the mechs if its a short cage assuming the Tiagra mech will work with the Ultegra shifters.

belugabob
    Free Member

As per Mister P’s comment – RD6800 GS derailleur works fine with the 11-32 cassette.

If you want to go 11-34, then you need the RD8000 GS derailleur and the HG800 cassette

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks. Think I’ll stick with the 32T. It’s only for a weeks riding holiday in the Alps and since I’ve already got Tiagra mech and 11-32 cassette I can put up with the additional handful of grams, given that the reason I want the lower gearing is because I’m carrying a good 10 – 15kg’s more than my riding mate. Will be nice to be able to spin a bit more and have the bail out gear.

Pridds

You can get the gs cage plates from SJS so you can use the ultegra mech

belugabob
    Free Member

@Pridds – that’s good to know. Thanks.

jkomo

Won’t a road link do it as well?

Ive beenlooking at the same for a Ventoux triple. The other option is the longer cage mech for £50 and enjoy fresh jockey wheels.

i will try it with the standard mech in case it works.

simondbarnes

The Tiagra mech will work if it’s a 4700 one

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Ah, just realised my Tiagra setup is 10spd so older than I thought. I’ll check out the cage plate option.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ultegra 6800 cassette range Q’ is closed to new replies.