Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 219 total)
  • UK's first Muslim Sectarian Murder ?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

When I first read about the fatal stabbing of the Pakistani shop keeper in Glasgow I thought it was a terrible murder of a Muslim by a non-Muslim. The reports spoke of it being religiously motivated. A terrible crime and I posted as much on another thread. Yesterday a number of friends posted links suggesting it had been a sectarian killing by another Muslim unhappy that the shop keeper had posted a message on Facebook wishing all his Christian customers a happy Easter. The shop keeper was a believer in a branchnof Islam which welcomes all faiths.

Glasgow police have now confirmed and the Guardian have reported what international press did yesterday that the killer was a religiously motivated “fellow” Muslim

Guardian: Muslims leaders call for calm

poah
    Free Member

pretty sure the shop keeper was Scottish.

CountZero

poah – Member
    pretty sure the shop keeper was Scottish.

Your point being, caller?
    Clearly failing to understand the basic difference between race and religion.
    🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    unknown
    Free Member

I’d say his point was that Jambaliar called him a Pakistani shopkeeper. As for points, I’m struggling to see one in the OP.

athgray
    Free Member

Is is a real shame. The shop keeper seems to have been very popular in the area. Much loved by those that frequented his shop. 🙁

mrsfry
    Free Member

Media hype. Lots of people who share a belief/religion with their killers have been killed through the years. Story is just to sell papers and ad space, relies on the limited knowledge and racial stereotypes of the ones who fall for this guff.

allthepies
    Free Member

No he was Pakistani.

Over the weekend tributes have continued to flood in for the shopkeeper, who moved from Pakistan to Scotland in the 1990s

unknown
    Free Member

He embraced Scotland and Glasgow. He was so proud to be a Glaswegian and so loyal to the city

Pakistani born but if he thought of himself as Scottish that’s good enough for me.

scotroutes

Funny story about him; he refused to sell alcohol. Not for religious reasons but so that all the bams would shop elsewhere. 🙂

Thoroughly well liked in the community and a real loss.

unknown – Member
    I’d say his point was that Jambaliar called him a Pakistani shopkeeper. As for points, I’m struggling to see one in the OP.

Muslim baaad!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Jamby is right you know, bloody Muslims, if only we could have peace in the Holy Land on Easter…

Why can’t they just let Israel expand in peace?

Then again…

konabunny
    Free Member

This is a new record: 10 posts in and apparently it’s Mossad that’s responsible for some scumbag murdering a shopkeeper.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wowsers a lot of hate for OP here.

Surely muslim on muslim killing is new in the UK? And worthy of comment (for non Jamba haters)?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is a new record: 10 posts in and apparently it’s Mossad that’s responsible for some scumbag murdering a shopkeeper.

Makes you despair think…..

Northwind

Hope this idea doesn’t catch on, can you imagine what would happen if the protestants and catholics were to fall out in some way?

chewkw
    Free Member

I thought so when I first heard the news. No surprise there.

I thought he made the mistake by trying to greet others (faiths) during the festive season, worst still he posted it on the interweb! His action was perceived as attempting to integrate.

Not good because integration means diluting their belief bits by bits and they do not like that.

mrsfry – Member
    Media hype. Lots of people who share a belief/religion with their killers have been killed through the years. Story is just to sell papers and ad space, relies on the limited knowledge and racial stereotypes of the ones who fall for this guff.

Really! Ya … right … 😆

Are you trying to calm everyone down? 😛

How many explanations can you come up with? 😆

That is a very poor attempt at trying to rationalise an event you know. 😮

scotroutes

Surely muslim on muslim killing is new in the UK?

I’d be very surprised if it was, especially as there are seventy squillion of “them” living here (apparently)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I haven’t seen him reported as being Scottish anywhere, I used Pakistani as that’s how the BBC decribed him. He could well be a British passport holder, I don’t know. That is however irrelevant to the story imo, the point is we have one Muslim who has apparently travelled 200 miles to stab another Muslim to death for having differing religious views.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Guardian article doesn’t call him Pakistani. His brother said he was a “proud Glaswegian”. So I think we can definitely say he was Scottish – just not by birth, but who cares about that?

I haven’t seen him reported as being Scottish anywhere

The schoolgirl who was murdered in Clydebank recently wasn’t specifically described as Scottish either.

konabunny
    Free Member

mrsfry – Member

Rubbish.

chewkw
    Free Member

I seriously doubt anyone would consider calling me a Geordie even though I am more than 12 stones. 😛

jambalaya – Member
    That is however irrelevant to the story imo, the point is we have one Muslim who has apparently travelled 200 miles to stab another Muslim to death for having differing religious views.

There is already a strong under current but most just try to sweep them under the carpet either through naivety or ignorance. They simply cannot imagine or accept such thing would happen in BritLand … 😯

bencooper – Member

The Guardian article doesn’t call him Pakistani. His brother said he was a “proud Glaswegian”. So I think we can definitely say he was Scottish – just not by birth, but who cares about that?

Might as well call him a Pict or a Scot. 🙄

They are trying to integrate by calling themselves “proud Glaswegian” but their own people might not allow that …

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Wonder who funds the mosques that preach extremism and hatred…

Wahhabism to ISIS: how Saudi Arabia exported the main source of global terrorism

chewkw
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive

Bow to the Queen!

Long live the Queen!

😛

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sectarianism? In Glasgow? Surely not!.

In other news – JHJ is brilliant! Carry on sir….

slackalice
    Free Member

Rothschild’s. Look no further.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Me na respeck dem babylon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rothschild’s. Look no further.

I agree. The ’82 is a delight.

Makes you thinkrsty.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Blimey, even got a pic of whatsherface galavanting around in a party frock on the bottle…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jive is just embarrased as his Westminster peopdophile ring was proven to be a total fantasy with not a shred of evidence and his “well respected journalist” could well be sued by an abuse victim.

@ben whether he is Scottish isn’t the point – Scot murdered by Muslim isn”t the issue and potentially makes the crime seem racially motivated. What we have here is Muslim sectarian violence against a man who by all accounts is a credit to his religion, his countries (UK and Pakistan) and his family. His open and welcoming religion and his efforts to live it every day have resulted in another Muslim (also Pakistani ?) travelling 200 miles to murder him.

bigjim

Well it’s a known fact that a christian has never murdered another christian so these people must be wild animals

scotroutes

200 miles? How far is it from the Republic of Ireland to London?

wilburt
    Free Member

Having a balanced discusion about the Islamification of Britain is impossible when some people just cannot get past stage one- that any criticism is racism.

I knew a copper who took early retirement and moved to Scotland 20 years ago because of what was happening in South Yorkshire, talking to me at the time he said he just go do anything about it if you said anything you were branded a racist. The social worker whistleblower said the same and nearly lost her family and liberty for the same reason.

When something is beyond critism, extremism will develop.

Could it possible be that there is something about this religion thats not very pleasant and should be challanged?

scotroutes

Christianity? Yep. And a few folk on this forum are forever pointing it out.

epicyclo

It’s integration, innit?

Glaswegian sectarian attitudes adopted by Muslims and “improved”.

Poor chap. As far as we are concerned if he identified as Scottish, he’s Scottish. RIP.

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

the point is we have one Muslim who has apparently travelled 200 miles to stab another Muslim to death for having differing religious views.

Key word being “one”- it’s newsworthy because it’s completely unique. Not something the UK’s dominant religion can claim. So good job, muslims! Setting a fine example, the country would be much better off if other cults could match it.

outofbreath
    Free Member

You do realize a vast and horrific Sunni/Shia war has erupted in recent years over much of the middle east?

So I don’t think Islam has much to teach protestants/Catholics about not murdering each other right now.

BoardinBob

This happened round the corner from me. Would often pop into his shop. There has been a real genuine outpouring of grief in the community.

Regardless of the motivation, a good man has been murdered and has left a devastated family and community behind.

Forum smart arse point scoring isn’t needed…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This happened round the corner from me. Would often pop into his shop. There has been a real genuine outpouring of grief in the community.

Regardless of the motivation, a good man has been murdered and has left a devastated family and community behind.

Forum smart arse point scoring isn’t needed…

^^This^^

slowoldman

Surely muslim on muslim killing is new in the UK?

I’d be very surprised if it was[/quote]
    There have certainly been “honour killings”.

irc

There have certainly been “honour killings”.

Which are not sectarian. The post title asked whether this was the UK’s first Muslim sectarian murder. So far nobody has pointed to another one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not good because integration means diluting their belief bits by bits and they do not like that

But if they do not like it why did they do it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 219 total)

The topic ‘UK's first Muslim Sectarian Murder ?’ is closed to new replies.