Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 311 total)
  • UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.
  • kennyp
    Free Member

OK, but only because you asked nicely – quite a lot.

I can see that it’s news to you about the connection between right-wing politics and racism, but as my quote which you used says “few people would deny that”. You are clearly one of the few.

I was more looking for a percentage. And I’m actually one of the very many people who would deny it. Racists come from all walks of life and political views. Ad anyway most of what passes for racism these days is nothing of the sort. Believing that immigration should be reduced is not racist. UKIP ironically could be said to be the party most in favour of “black” immigration in that they want to leave the EU and open immigration up to the whole world, not just Europeans.

kimbers

UKIP ironically could be said to be the party most in favour of “black” immigration in that they want to leave the EU and open immigration up to the whole world, not just Europeans.

thats only because they havent actually thought through the bobbins they spout

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

To be even fairer many people with left wing views are also racist

I always find it amusing and/or sad that in these debates anyone who holds any sort of right wing view is described as a bigot or racist or homophobe. One of the things I find most hypocritical about people on the left is their complete intolerance of any view that doesn’t agree with their own view of the world.

It’s not hypocrisy if it’s true.

Racism, right wing views and a lack of intelligence are all linked.

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/01/04/0956797611421206.abstract

kennyp
    Free Member

thats only because they havent actually thought through the bobbins they spout

Actually, it was an opinion expressed by the UKIP leader himself in this article in The Independent. here

I should probably add that I’m not a UKIP supporter personally, but that’s mainly due to their rabidly anti-cycling stance.

sbob
    Free Member

You do realise that the UKIP member and council candidate who told a british man that he should go to a “black country”, was doing so because he didn’t like something he’d said? Tolerance in action, shut up or leave your own country just because you happen to be the wrong colour.

Although I could guess that his motives were probably nefarious, I also don’t have much time for Mr Henry’s comments.

So ethnic minorities are under represented in the arts/entertainment industry.
    Who gives a ****? Unless he’s uncovered some institutional racism, which I don’t believe he has.
    Come down to my local hip hop/drum and bass night and you’ll find statistically it’s white people that are under represented.

Why isn’t Lenny calling for more honkies at my local?

People are actually different.
    Gender, culture, race.
    Get over it and embrace the fact we’re not all clones.
    Why would anyone ever aspire to the average?

Love each other my brothers, that is all.

kimbers

when i said they, I suppose I meant their supporters

Junkyard
    Free Member

BTW, you can think what you like – no one has yet figured out a way of revealing what people think

What about the PC thought Police the DM mentions …is it just a myth

I’m actually one of the very many people who would deny it. Racists come from all walks of life and political views

We know this but they tend to be predominately of the right

Tell you what start in the EU ,it seems topical, and go country by country and list the parties with slightly racist views tell me what % of them are right wing and what % are left wing.
    For this purpose wanting to leave the EU is not racist
    Care to wager a bet on % that are right wing seeing as it is not true?
    THIS IN NO WAY MEANS THAT ALL RIGHT WING PEOPLE ARE RACIST

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I was more looking for a percentage. And I’m actually one of the very many people who would deny it. Racists come from all walks of life and political views.

Hey EVERYONE lets take his word for it and not listen to the head shrinkers and scientists! After all…. they don’t know what the **** they are on about! It’s all a liberal conspiracy.

kennyp
    Free Member

It’s not hypocrisy if it’s true.

Racism, right wing views and a lack of intelligence are all linked.

Sorry to disappoint you, but not every bit of “research” you find on the interweb is reliable. That one was laughable.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There’s a Grauniad* article saying that the three parties are concerned by their joint losses of supporters to ukip. That’s 41% of Tories, 19% Lib and 12% Lab**. Thus they are supporting joint action. I presume they won’t want any of these fruitcakes and closet racists back.

*http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/28/ukip-european-election-accused-of-racism

**Percentages from –

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/04/29/Britains-political-establishment-gangs-up-on-ukip

For myself I think it’s the biggest protest vote England has seen. Not so long ago turnout was 14% in the Police Commissioner vote, here in the Tory heartland. You know, the party of law and order and that: their traditional supporters mostly stayed at home. The Tories shrugged it off. They might listen this time.

Oh, and Jackie Smith made an interesting comment…

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2014/04/28/we-need-to-do-more-than-just-condemn-ukip/

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint you, but not every bit of “research” you find on the interweb is reliable. That one was laughable.

Are you a scientist?

I am. Your view’s are thus null and void. Peasant.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Although I could guess that his motives were probably nefarious, I also don’t have much time for Mr Henry’s comments.

So ethnic minorities are under represented in the arts/entertainment industry.
    Who gives a ****? Unless he’s uncovered some institutional racism, which I don’t believe he has.
    Come down to my local hip hop/drum and bass night and you’ll find statistically it’s white people that are under represented.

Why isn’t Lenny calling for more honkies at my local?

People are actually different.
    Gender, culture, race.
    Get over it and embrace the fact we’re not all clones.
    Why would anyone ever aspire to the average?

Love each other my brothers, that is all.

An interesting rant. But you haven’t cleared up the question…..should Lenny Henry “live in a black country” ? That after all goes to the heart of the issue.

kimbers

can we not have links to breitbart

are they not they some tea party sponsored nonsense thats smelt the whiff of faridge and his ilk from over the atlantic, hired the towering intellect of dellingpole and set up here to see if they can replicate the success of the tea party in paralysing american politics?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That one was laughable.

You laugh but I bet there was a bit of cognitive dissonance going on when you unconsciously realised that you’re living proof that the paper was right.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ Tom_W – your linky mentions a more recent update right on the first page above the title. One scientist to another, like.

(edit) – not that I can understand it

TheBrick
    Free Member
    Tom_W1987
    Free Member

@ Tom_W – your linky mentions a more recent update right on the first page above the title. One scientist to another, like.

Just skim read the updated paper, doesn’t seem to different. Phew….nearly had me there…I thought they had redacted the paper or something 😳 :mrgreen: . You’re more than welcome to destroy the paper with reasoned argument though.

kennyp
    Free Member

Are you a scientist?

I am. Your view’s are thus null and void. Peasant.

I thinking you are confusing psychology with science.

Oh, and in this context there should be no apostrophe in “views”. Amazing that a thick right winger should no that eh!

What if I was to publish a link to research showing that Oriental people are brighter than white people? Would that be acceptable science? Or racist?

kennyp
    Free Member

You laugh but I bet there was a bit of cognitive dissonance going on when you unconsciously realised that you’re living proof that the paper was right.

Sorry, but it was just laughter. Better luck next time.

Sandwich

free speech and the right Westminster MPs are rather incompatible it would seem

Would be more correct

@CFH James Blunt may be the modern version but I prefer the Berkshire Hunt rhyming slang version from which Berk is derived. But then I’m an old traditionalist.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

What if I was to publish a link to research showing that Oriental people are brighter than white people? Would that be acceptable science? Or racist?

I call Chewbacca defence!

But it would be acceptable science. If you tried to argue that it was down to race not environment, then based on current scientific understanding…that would be racist.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Sorry about the briebart link, but I believe the numbers came from The Times, behind a paywall, I can’t find them elsewhere. I could take it out and leave the numbers unexplained if that would be better.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I thinking you are confusing psychology with science

I definetly have a BsC …just saying like

FWIW i say it is like alchemy was to chemistry in some areas…still at least it is not economics 😉

FWIW the link has been noted in the data for some time.
    Lower the IQ the more right wing you tend to be
    Another way is the average IQ of the right wing vote is lower than the average IQ for the left wing
    It does not mean everyone left wing is bright and everyone right wing is dim….though it may be hard to tell that from these threads 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

EDIT : Ignore that, things are moving too fast and I can’t keep with the posts !

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Don’t offend right-wingers! They get more upset by our trolling but are bigger trolls themselves! Oh the layers and layers of hypocrisy!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2013/10/07/liberal-comment-trolling-polarizes-conservatives-but-not-vice-versa-study-says/

kennyp
    Free Member

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I see what you did there kenny, you replied and then you thought the better thing to do was not to get upset and prove the paper wrong!

konabunny
    Free Member

(an issue on which I fully support the position of Trevor Philips )

Isn’t Trevor Phillips the man who joined the Labour Party a remarkably short time before being given a cushy government job by Tony Blair?

kennyp
    Free Member

I see what you did there kenny, you replied and then you thought the better thing to do was not to get upset and prove the paper wrong!

You got me bang to rights. My right wing views have unfortunately left me incapable of holding my own in such esteemed intellectual company.

Instead I’m off to do the next picture in my Sarah Palin join the dots book. I think it might be a polar bear.

soobalias
    Free Member

nevermind ukip – did you catch the bnps party political broadcast.

i missed it on bbc2, my missus told me it was the most weird surreal party political broadcast she ever saw, so i headed over to their website
    watched the censored version – shes right weird as
    then watched the original version – OmGWTfBBQBRB lollerskates, large dose of wtf please. Ive had to seriously consider the possibility that i took some pretty hard drugs on this evenings ride. Its the only explanation.

dear bnp-ers, two people have watched your cartoon now.

soobalias
    Free Member

i was going to give them their own thread, but i thought better of it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Anyway getting back to the OP, I notice that the Commonsense Bus is described as “Nigel Farage on tour”.

It’s nice to see that the party which intends to break the mould of British politics is a one man outfit.
    You could say, one people, one party, one leader.

I also note that there is apparently an official Ukip taxi. There is something highly appropriate with the suggestion that Ukip’s policies are best explained by a black cab driver. Preferably with the added visual communication of a rear view mirror.

derekfish
    Free Member

I love it.. Lefty assumption that intelligence defines wether you’re worthy of voting..

Here’s the news guys, remember that little ditty ’10 million Sun readers can’t be wrong’

Have a guess how many Grauniad readers there are?

No matter how many lame high minded Grauniad pieces you post links to, the Tim nice but dims of this world don’t read it, then come to think of it how many Daily Mail readers are there?

So, brace yourselves ladies.. For every bright left vote, there could be ten dim right ones.. 😆

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

one people, one party, one leader.

Yes! We did it! Nazis! “Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer”!

So, brace yourselves ladies.. For every bright left votes, there could be ten dim right ones..

Which is why everyone else is wrong and euthanasia is actually brilliant. Bring on teh epistemic autocracy.

derekfish
    Free Member

And there we have it, Godwin invoked, argument lost, goodnight one and all, I’m off to find somewhere to post my big purple sign..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Your post does sound a bit “lets kill all the intellectuals and burn their books” though. Along with the fact that UKIP seems to be a party hinged around a cult of personality, it starts to beg the question…. :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And there we have it, Godwin invoked

Has anyone made a comparison between Nigel Farage and Adolf Hitler ? I think not.

Northwind

derekfish – Member

I love it.. Lefty assumption that intelligence defines wether you’re worthy of voting..

When did that happen?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I thought it was Jesus with that halo Ernie.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.’ is closed to new replies.