Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • UKIP: the first 100 days
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

Anyone watch it? Quite amusing at the end, but pretty sensationalist. I do agree with the gist that it would properly polorise people though.

epicyclo

Didn’t catch it.

Is it a sleazy establishment propaganda stunt against UKIP?

(Not that I have any love for them)

dereknightrider
    Free Member

It clashed with Broadchurch and daughter run to the station, so caught up with it on +1, wish I hadn’t bothered, it was pretty pathetic and very unlikely also factually inaccurate, re resigning all those tossers who have already resigned yet somehow had found themselves on Prime minister Farages (doesn’t that alone strike terror in your heart) cabinet.
    I thought she came across well, if a little mis directed, but honestly if you haven’t sen it, don’t bother, it’s not worth wasting an hour of your life over.

nickc

Was hoping for a dramatised vision of what would happen if they came to power, perhaps highlighted with examples of popularist parties experiences from around the world

What I got was a half hour badly acted conscious drama padded out with stock tv news footage

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

100 days of what?

allthepies
    Free Member

Government.

kimbers

its more of an american phrase…

first 100 days of presidency

so did bring the nation to their knees within 00 days?

id have given them 50!

soobalias
    Free Member

if you haven’t seen it, don’t bother, it’s not worth wasting an hour of your life over.

skydragon
    Free Member

Only watched the first 20 mins, utter drivel and an opportunity lost to make a decent program that genuinely explored some of the bigger issues.

Product of Ch4’s camden-living media luvies trying to mock UKIP

boltonjon

Yeah, pretty trashy to be fair

Some good editing of recent news and some interesting concepts like guaranteeing all ex-forces personnel a job in border control, but generally a waste of an hour 🙁

devash
    Free Member

Awful “champaign liberal” propaganda.

I’m not a UKIP fan, their politics are far too reactionary, but this programme demonstrates that the leftist media establishment are unable to address the issues that UKIP are riding high on (immigration and Europe), and so have to resort to their preferred tactic of screaming “FASCISM!!!!!” at anyone and everyone who does not agree with their ivory tower-distorted view of the world.

Having seen that Channel 4 have already received a load of complaints about the show its heartening to see that people are wising up a bit to the way things are run.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

As all the major political parties are supposed to be given the same amount of air time, I’m looking forward to seeing the labour version with that idiot milliband in charge.

devash
    Free Member

As all the major political parties are supposed to be given the same amount of air time, I’m looking forward to seeing the labour version with that idiot milliband in charge.

I think that was on CBBC this morning; “Millipede’s Adventures in Toytown”.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Having seen that Channel 4 have already received a load of complaints about the show its heartening to see that people are wising up a bit to the way things are run.

Hang on, if this was the other way around, wouldn’t we be getting some bollocks about “politically correct hand-wringers” complaining to OFCOM?

Junkyard
    Free Member

+ 1 to that

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As all the major political parties are supposed to be given the same amount of air time

That’s not true except 60 days before a general election.

this programme demonstrates that the leftist media establishment are ……

There was a time when it was only the BBC that was controlled by disabled lesbian marxist lefties, now it seems as if this filth has spread throughout the entire “media establishment”.

Our only hope is UKIP.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

As all the major political parties are supposed to be given the same amount of air time

That’s not true except 60 days before a general election

Excellent timing then in that case.

I’m no fan of UKIP but neither am i a fan of the media being used for political gain in a supposed democracy.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am definitely voting UKIP now for more entertainment if this is the expectation. Woohoo! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Do we pay for Channel 4? If we do then I suggest the jokers that made this programme be made redundant because they failed to include Zombies in the entire programme.

Yes, you Ch 4 we know you don’t like UKIP etc … the main point is that you are shite at making something funny. What a bunch of ZMs.

🙄

Edit: Oh ya … it’s pronounced as Krishnan Guru-Murthy as in Moour-ty … NOT bloody Murphy! He is Indian FFS! Not a Murphy!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Excellent timing then in that case.

Well it’s not rocket science. ITV used to take Spitting Image off the air in the 2 months before a general election. One general election they broadcast a Spitting Image episode straight after the polling stations had closed at 10 o’clock as the Ofcom rules no longer applied.

I don’t have a problem with broadcasters in a democracy producing satire or dramas with a political character. Obviously I have to accept that sometimes they won’t sit comfortably with my own personal political views. But that’s hardly a reason to ban political satire or dramas.

project
    Free Member

Well made programe about a political party with no real ideas, and a good laugh at the thought that somebody actually thinks they may win anything worth while.
    Like the idea of a hundred day bank holiday though.

chewkw
    Free Member

project – Member

Well made programe about a political party with no real ideas, and a good laugh at the thought that somebody actually thinks they may win anything worth while.

It will worth even more if they take away some of the Labour seats.

No real political ideas? Really? I think you have given too much credit to political ideology … they are ALL shite.

😆

project
    Free Member

It will worth even more if they take away some of the Labourcondem failed seats

eg those that have voted for cuts in esential services.

chewkw
    Free Member

project – Member

It will worth even more if they take away some of the Labourcondem failed seats

eg those that have voted for cuts in esential services. [/quote]

Yes, there’s the danger of sneaky Labour entering via the back door without being noticed. Very sneaky … them lot … hhmmm … esp the Balls. If that is the case you lot are screwed! Again! For the second time!

Cuts or no cuts you lot are also screwed! Again! There is no way you can get rid of all those ZM bureaucrats quick enough.

You lot are truly screwed.

😆

dereknightrider
    Free Member

I like Channel 4, it’s my preferred news media and they have the odd watchable stuff, every now and again they can be cocks, that John Snow mad an absolute **** of himself when Paxman resigned and Michael Crick is a silly idiot in the way he has pursued UKIP. This thing was very badly conceived and easy to tear holes in, if you know even the basic facts Eurobus (Airbus)pulling out, as if that could even be considered.

Worse thing you can do attacking them, nothing Brits like more than supporting a perceived underdog, especially if it’s barking about some particular bone that they’re chewing on.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘UKIP: the first 100 days’ is closed to new replies.