Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • UKIP "Cyclists are the chosen people"
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

I am no fan of ukip but understand their support

The main problem Farage has is that his bandwagon is the current political affiliation for nutters, zealots, bigots and racists

seadog101

“Ukip have gone from picking on immigrants to picking on cyclists. Who is next I wonder?”

S’right. Anyone who isn’t a slightly fat late middle aged mildly racist white male beer swilling smoker it seems.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Proper English people, ukippers. Give the rest of us a good name they do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

“Surely giving all the rights to cyclists, who are usually young people, is discrimination against the elderly and infirm?”

The leaflet goes on to complain that cyclists “carry no number plates or insurance” and suggests the council could improve road safety by ordering cyclists to put bells on their bikes.

LOONS

FWIW pensions , free bus paases, winter fuel allowance are only given to the retired that is proper discriminations
    What worrying is that that makes more sense than UKIP

GrahamS

Remarkably this is written by exactly the same guy:

He is the leader of a local protest group opposed to losing the on-road parking outside their houses “unnecessary” road changes. And they state one of their main goals is the introduction of new cycle lanes!

GrahamS

His group presented a petition to the council last year and he made this (entirely sensible) statement:

“We believe (STURR) that the only way to encourage people to use cycle tracks is to implement continuous 24 hour cycle tracks which are protected by raised curbs the full length of the High Street. By reducing the traffic lanes to one each way we will calm traffic flow, create space for cycle tracks and valuable residential parking spaces where they are desperately needed to the south of the high street where the current advisory cycle tracks are located. Uniquely on this stretch there is enough space for cycle tracks, traffic and parking.

Cycle tracks need to be protected from traffic by a raised curb and they also need a visual or physical barrier or differentiation from pedestrians to safeguard both cyclists and pedestrians. This can be done by the use of a variety of curb/barriers, coloured cycle tracks using different materials in their construction”.

Yep, staunch cycle lane advocate in one hat, but stern cycle lane critic in the other. Amazing.

I guess that is UKIP for you. Zombie Maggots as someone here might say. 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The main problem Farage has is that his bandwagon is the current political affiliation for nutters, zealots, bigots and racists

It’s more than just a problem, it’s a self-perpetuating logical conclusion. Every loopy utterance and leaflet, such as this particular leaflet, simply encourages more loopy swivel-eyed headcases to join them.

UKIP expels members and candidates on what appears to be an almost daily basis, they are simply replaced by a fresh batch of bigots attracted to them.

MoreCashThanDash

I guess that is UKIP spineless vote chasing politicians for you

FTFY

GrahamS

Ah but UKIP are different MoreCash, they are not like the others, they are The Party Of Truth.

brooess
    Free Member

It’s like something out of the Daily Mash! You do wonder if some of the UKippers are basically having some kind of breakdown 😯
    tbh I think there’s quite a lot of people in UK who’re gradually realising that we’re really not as rich as we thought we were and they’re rather struggling to come to terms with it

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ukip: “Ukip would consult on the desirability of minimum third party liability insurance cover for cyclists – a simple annual flat rate registration ‘Cycledisc’, stuck to the bicycle frame, to cover damage to cars and others, which are currently unprotected.”

I like stickers

unklehomered
    Free Member

But I have 4 bikes… sometimes I let friends ride one if they don’t have a bike with them…

How will that work?

maccruiskeen

How will that work?

It only needs to ‘work’ in the eyes of someone who doesn’t want to think about it much.

GrahamS

You do wonder if some of the UKippers are basically having some kind of breakdown

I do wonder if some of them joined the party for the networking, expenses, golf club membership and free lunches, but have come to the horrible realisation that some idiots might actually vote for them. So now they have to come out with some daft statements to make sure they don’t get elected but still stay in the party. 😀

Nah. That’s giving them too much credit. Swivel-eyed loons it is.

benji
    Free Member

Ukip: “Ukip would consult on the desirability of minimum third party liability insurance cover for cyclists – a simple annual flat rate registration ‘Cycledisc’, stuck to the bicycle frame, to cover damage to cars and others, which are currently unprotected.”

So we have just got rid of paper tax discs(yes vehicle excise duty as it’s really called) for cars, and they display registration plates, so it can all be tallied together. So cost, implementation, multiple bikes and owners. See plenty of news stories of another cyclist killed in London etc, not seen many where a motorist is left with a crumpled undrivable vehicle from a bicycle hit and run.

Speshpaul

So UKIP for new taxes then.
    That should be a headline grabber.

GrahamS

Pretty sure the Cycledisc thing is from their old manifesto which Nigel Farage says was “drivel”.

I’d check their 2015 manifesto but I can’t seem to find it anywhere…

enfht
    Free Member

It’s more than just a problem, it’s a self-perpetuating logical conclusion. Every loopy utterance and leaflet, such as this particular leaflet, simply encourages more loopy swivel-eyed headcases to join them.

UKIP expels members and candidates on what appears to be an almost daily basis, they are simply replaced by a fresh batch of bigots attracted to them

To add some clarity, Ernie is a certified Marxist which very much much puts him in the loony corner, sharing crayons with ukip. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d check their 2015 manifesto but I can’t seem to find it anywhere…

Farage has said that the UKIP manifesto will be released as late as possible :

When will we see the long-awaited Ukip manifesto? “As late as possible—maybe 15 to 18 days before the election,” he said.

Nigel Farage: “people see Ukip as offering hope”

He is obviously hoping that people will decide to support UKIP without knowing their policies.

There can’t be any other reason why he wants to deliberately delay revealing his party’s policies.

Bearing in mind that Farage thinks that UKIP’s policies last general election were drivel I can see he point.

mtbtom
    Free Member

It’s like they’ve condensed the worst of the Internet into a political pamphlet. I’m amazed.

Probably about time they compared cyclists to Hitler.

CountZero

Probably about time they compared cyclists to Hitler.

[video]http://youtu.be/d0QniYVSUUs[/video]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘UKIP "Cyclists are the chosen people"’ is closed to new replies.