Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • UK special forces in Syria
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is this purely so politicians can get a hard on? Will they really make a Difference or just prolong the agony?

matt_outandabout

Are they driving Toyota’s?

superstu
    Free Member

Shimano?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nothing new there then.

garage-dweller

Did they take their bikes? 😉

core

They’ll have been there for months or more likely years already.

MoreCashThanDash

Never ceases to amaze me that people didn’t think they were there already….

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Is this purely so politicians can get a hard on?

Doubtful, the risks of a political disaster are too high

Will they really make a Difference or just prolong the agony?

No idea, hopefully they will make a difference

thestabiliser
    Free Member

MCTD

Cos some of us hoped we learned from the Benghazi **** up and other recent catastrophes. Wasn’t the deal that we had trainers in Jordan and they’ve just extended their remit ‘slightly’?

monde
    Free Member

Will be laser targeting for the air offensive as one objective. Would be amazed if there hadn’t been eyes on the ground from America or GB for a few years.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes they make a big difference and as above will have been there months on reconnaisance and directing air strikes

tjagain

Purely about willy waving. have they not learned yet? Interfering in the middle east creates problems it does not solve them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yeah right. We should just leave Assad to barrell bomb and gas Syrians as he sees fit ? Maybe we should have just let Sadam keep Kuwait ? Plus the longer we sat on the side fhe more other external nations and factors filled vacuum

tjagain

NOnsense – remember we created this conflict and armed both sides.

Name one place in the middle east where the lives of ordinary people have been improved by our interference.

mattbee

Been there for at least 3 years.

dovebiker

Bit late joining the party? It’s been a proxy war for years between the Saudis and the Iranians with so many factions fighting each other – Russia supporting Assad, Iran supporting Shia militias and Hizbollah, the Saudis and Qataris somewhere in the middle and Daesh making enemies with everyone – throw NATO, Turkey and Kurds in there too. Problem is there’s no common enemy – get rid of one and someone just moves into the power gap. Plus there’s an awful lot of Balkan and Lebanese making a mint of supplying all of the factions with weaponry and others trying to make sure kit doesn’t get into the wrong hands, which is probably what our SF guys are there to police.

mt
    Free Member

‘If you cause it you own it”. Like it or lump it we have a responsibility to help even if it hurts those we send. The correct option was not to have been involved in the first place, it’s to late now. Corbyn would never have got us into this situation.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Are they driving Toyota’s?

Yes, apparently.

Al Thalab Long Range Patrol Vehicle

kimbers

Wonder why the pictures are being released now

Obviously must have come from our new PM as a show of us taking the fight to ISIS, which we’ve being trying to do for years all across the region.
    (Spotting for airstrikes doesn’t always get the bad guys tho .. .

https://airwars.org/civcas-2016/ )

Either way Theresa May wants to send a message, whatever that is I’m sure the Jihadi recruiters on the UK will appreciate the help

(Or is it only ‘ fueling extremism ‘ when Russia does it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11908717/Russia-fuelling-extremism-as-Putin-steps-up-Syria-air-strikes.html )

noltae
    Free Member

We’re helping the ‘moderate rebels’ ..

tjagain

Good point MT

hammyuk
    Free Member

mattbee – Member
    Been there for at least 3 years.

This ^^^^

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When specific buildings and vehicles get targeted for drone and aircraft strikes, how do you suppose that happens? Magic?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’re only in one airbase in the south Woppit, they’re not on the ground in Raqqa. But you can have your Die Hard/Arnie fantasies if it suits.

Stoner
    Free Member

We’re helping the ‘moderate rebels’ ..

Really no such thing.

It’s a choice between assad and isis. Proper hobsons bollocks.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Corbyn would never have got us into this situation.

Whatever the mistakes of the past, we need to be actively engaging and destroying ISIS at every opportunity.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Edit

thestabiliser
    Free Member

😆 which bit of Syria is Yemen in, Woppit?

kimbers

Oh not just spotting

The images seem to show British forces securing the perimeter of the rebel base following an attack by Isis, according to the BBC.

The soldiers can be seen carrying anti-tank missiles, sniper rifles and other heavy artillery.

MOD released this yesterday updating our airstrikes
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-air-strikes-against-daesh

Seems like May is trying to bank her Iron Lady credentials, early election planned?

Not sure May is wise to advertise our ongoing war in the Middle Easy myself

5thElefant
    Free Member

Corbyn would never have got us into this situation.

Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major – and I mean major – leaflet campaign.

kimbers
    T1000
    Free Member

Corbyn would be in Munich

Mikkel
    Free Member

I knew they where tough, but carrying heavy artillery that is hardcore.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Obvs the coalition have been taking tips from the ‘Boys from The Dwarf’

I’m pretty sure Trump knows the punchline.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thestabiliser – Member
    They’re only in one airbase in the south Woppit, they’re not on the ground in Raqqa. But you can have your Die Hard/Arnie fantasies if it suits

Seems the clumsy sarcasm is misplaced.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Westminster announced that we’d be doing so 2-3 years ago, it’s just the first time there have been pictures. Sometimes they say “military advisers” I don’t know why, but the never count special forces as ground troops.

It’s not like we haven’t been bombing Syria for 18 months or more.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. Are you also subject to “Arnie” fantasies? Aren’t WE a pair. 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Woppit I would say you are unique.

devash
    Free Member

The UK has one of the best mercenary hire services in the world.

Whenever you hear the phrase “military advisers sent to X country” on the news, it certainly doesn’t mean they sent a couple of Colonels and a Drill Sergeant to train some local boys.

What sickens me is that we’re hiring out to many of the same Theocratic Islamist countries who fund global terror, while claiming to simultaneously fight that terror.

Orwellian doublespeak at its worst.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Really?

Sarcasm aside, there has been mission creep from day 1.

Very poor.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘UK special forces in Syria’ is closed to new replies.