Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • UK Gravity Enduro- Afan rd 1 – Who's in?
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

After reading Roly Lambert’s highly entertaining article on his memories of being a lone-rider, it got me worrying – that could be me!

I’ve signed up for the whole series (wanted something to commit to this year), so I was wondering if there’s a STW contigent that have signed up?

Like that pathetic kid at school who reeked of deperation I will laugh at all your jokes and make you feel mildly uncomfortable. 😀

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Apparently, no one.

mtbant
    Free Member

Im in for the Afan one.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I will be there in the lovely blue Shimano van and awning spinning the spanners.

johnny

I’m in for all 5, although Inners might prove a weekend too far. (away)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m doing the first, and last two. Most of the people I rode with are doing all 5 but I’m too lazy to drive to the others.

dlr

Afan for me, can’t wait 🙂

Northwind

eightyeight – Member

After reading Roly Lambert’s highly entertaining article on his memories of being a lone-rider, it got me worrying – that could be me!

Enduro’s generally friendlier (and possibly you are not as much of a weirdo 😉 )

Also, Steve’s series uses seeded times so even people who go with their mates will most likely end up riding around with randoms. I can only do inners due to work but it should be good

100mphplus
    Free Member

All 5 entered 😀

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Lord Felcham for re-starting this, was beginning to think it was something I said….

Thanks for all your responses.

Just debating with myself whether to stay somewhere in Afan, or stay with the ‘rents in Bristol and ‘commute’ from there? I should probably say now, I’m a complete wuss and don’t really want to camp.

Other than Afan I will be driving from Manc, so if anyone wants to split the petrol (Inners especially) let me know.

Might see a few of you at HTN in a couple of week 😀

eightyeight
    Free Member

Just bumping this as it’s this weekend.

Anyone else in?

tommyhine

I’m in, although nearly not in due to a low bridge roof rack related impact. Luckily got away with a bent roof rack and a scuffed bike but all running well.
    Really looking forward to it, not done any proper gravity type racing in years so will be fun to have a stab. Does any one know roughly the distance to be covered on the day?

chopchop
    Free Member

The route map for Afan is on the Gravity enduro site, I believe the route is @30k with 2k elevation. It’s going to be a muddy weekend if the rain keeps up!

chopchop
    Free Member

double post

kimbers

im in, just about to order some new sealskinz! campingtoo, its gonna be moist

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’m wussing out and commuting from Brizzle Saturday and Sunday so not camping.

Have just had a nice impulse purchase on CRC though – Oakley proven MX goggles.

Chopchop – I’m going to assume that’s 2,000 feet….

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

According to the route, 32km and 2500/3000ft of climbing.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Left it too late to get in for Afan, but am riding the last two.
    Would like to do the others, especially Inners but long drives and the fuel costs are getting silly.
    Have fun!

eightyeight
    Free Member

Phew – if it was 2000m, i’d be quietly making my excuses.

See you all Saturday. I’ll be on a black boardman FS pro if you want to say hello. Oh and for reference when you’re passing me my preferred shout is ‘Rider left/right’, I can then cower appropriately.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll be there, the whole series in fact. It’s time to see if all the training has paid off…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Oh is this, this weekend, I may well wonder over and have a look see, I think I’ll bring the dog and a camera and just have a general nose, if so I’ll be the guy with the mad but soft and daft black and white staffie

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘UK Gravity Enduro- Afan rd 1 – Who's in?’ is closed to new replies.