Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • UK DH hardtail champs 2015 – 6th June @ QECP
  • bigshep
    Free Member

Looks like I might join your mate and ride my Solaris.
    Rode the day/night and loved it, can’t do the summer one so this looks to be the next best thing.
    Now where’s the best place to look for a good, cheap full face for a huge head? 😆

m0rk
    Free Member

Yeah, birthday treat to fall gracefully down a hill.

tallie
    Free Member

I quite fancy it – can I get away with a Bell Super 2R or do I need a “proper” full face?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Need to be a one piece FF

scottfitz
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/ObFOfeEAgdM[/video] This is the race from last year.

superfli
    Free Member

Game on, I’m in! Gonna fail miserably, but hey its the UK champs 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

It might just be a problem with the way the event is set up online. I’ve sent an email to BC anyway. Stick me in with the fellas, I’ll race anyone 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

It might just be a problem with the way the event is set up online. I’ve sent an email to BC anyway. Stick me in with the fellas, I’ll race anyone

Agree I can see how you can have a age cat for men and women separate but have a men’s HT cat and NO women’s HT cat sounds odd. Let me know what the email says because another lady just asked the same question.

nedrapier

I’m in. Good luck, ladies!

What time’s practice on the Saturday, Scott?

scottfitz
    Free Member

9 till 4 ish and it’s £5 on the day.

BTW just to let you guys know I am organising the Champs on the back of the Gravity project race but I/the champs don’t take any money out. Just doing it you encourage others to race in Hardtail and have as much fun racing as I do!!

nedrapier

Well, it looks like it’s working so far! 2nd ever race, 1st was SS XC. Need a FF helmet now. And some practice. Cheers, Scott.

kayla1
    Free Member

Okey dokey, I haven’t had an email back yet but it’s only been a few hours since they’d have read it so they won’t have had time to flap about and discuss it in committee yet 😆

Anyhoo, it looks like I can just enter the women’s category and I’ll ride it on my HT 😀

edit- done! 😀

scottfitz
    Free Member

kayla1 – Member

Okey dokey, I haven’t had an email back yet but it’s only been a few hours since they’d have read it so they won’t have had time to flap about and discuss it in committee yet

Anyhoo, it looks like I can just enter the women’s category and I’ll ride it on my HT

edit- done!
    I tell you what if we can get 3 women to enter I will speak to the sponsor’s and see if we can get prize fastest women on HT!
    Same goes for Fatbikes if there are 3!!

nedrapier

What about a rigid 26+ front category? anybody?

scottfitz
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

What about a rigid 26+ front category? anybody? that’s a fatbike just a rubbish one 😉

nedrapier

Ha!

What’s the format? Best of 2 runs? Or best of 1?

scottfitz
    Free Member

2 runs, sometime GP do 3 runs but the numbers and track length at qecp have meant it has always been 2 runs.
    Here are the results from last years race to give you an idea of track times: https://www.rootsandrain.com/race2475/2014-jun-1-gp-honey-4-queen-elizabeth-country-park/

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘UK DH hardtail champs 2015 – 6th June @ QECP’ is closed to new replies.