Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • UK Bike Store – any good?
  • Ripley
    Free Member

Has anyone used UK Bike Store?

Recommended for getting shiny-bike-bits from or not?

Thanks!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ordered from them about 3 days before xmas, the product arrived the next day

WRECKOMMENDED

tails
    Free Member

I heard there great from a number of people but to check stock, which i did on the magura brakes i wanted to order they didn’t have them in stock. cheap but if you have no stock bit dubious.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Used them several times with no problems.

Mackem

Used them a few times too, no problems.

househusband

One of the bestest online bike shops; and they have a proper, real phone number with which you can contact them! Always very helpful when I have spoken to them.

carlos
    Free Member

Used them a couple of times and never had anything but great service:)

Extra 5% of with this MBR2457

Carlos

knott4me
    Free Member

they print plenty of offers but cannot ever fulfill those deals.

Ripley
    Free Member

Thanks guys – that seems to be pretty good then.

Carlos – thanks for the code!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

” heard there great from a number of people but to check stock, which i did on the magura brakes i wanted to order they didn’t have them in stock. “

I had exactly the same experience – not great

Oggles
    Free Member

Have always been excellent over the phone. If they have trouble with updating stock levels on the website ,at least with a phonecall they can tell you there and then.

Postage has always been rapid, too!

tails
    Free Member

yeah they did explain over the phone about when it should come, but there are to many companies like this where they advertise but don’t hold the stock. If wiggle can do current stock levels online anyone can. I’ll use them for my next order to actually see, as there are more positives than negatives in this thread.

Jamie
    Free Member

Very good imho.

goog
    Free Member

aye, reet good

marvintheandroid
    Free Member

I have used them for helmets, no problems at all.
    Marv

Rich
    Free Member

I used them once, no problems.

MussEd
    Free Member

I have had mixed experiences with them. Ordered tyres in a hurry for Alps last summer, came straight away at a good price. Then ordered a rear mech which took an eternity to arrive after showing no record of me ordering it in my account! I, had by this time, bought another elsewhere thinking I mustn’t have pressed “confirm” at the end of the process.

So bit unsure whether to use them again or recommend them to you!?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had stock problems before, but unlike a lot of online shops, they keep you informed (and reply to emails).
    They are local to me and I’ve been in there a few times. Good, helpful folks.
    A bit like Wiggle used to be before they got too big and moved into a faceless warehouse

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can’t reccomend them enough.

They ride too…….Didn’t stump up for the post ride cakes, mind you, but I’ll let ’em off! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Are you local Flashheart?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depends how you define “local”!

Wa

DezB
    Free Member

“Wa”?

To UKBikeStore dopey.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure what happeend there!

not really that local to them, no, but was riding with one of the chaps the other day.

stumpy01

I have had nothing but good service from them.
    But, I recommended them to a mate who ordered some brakes that the website said was in stock but turned out not to be. They then messed him around a bit and eventually he cancelled the order.
    I would call to check availability before ordering.

DezB
    Free Member

Was going to say, not much riding around Gosport!

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Yes, ordered yesterday after lunch, arrived this morning before lunch on standard 1st class postage!

mike_check
    Free Member

I sent them my old Bomber Z1’s a while back for service, paid to ship them to the shop, had them back in my hands within 7 days, free return postage and very good price on the service (around £40 i think), forks felt sweet after as well. 2 thumbs up for me.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s probably cos Windwave’s unit is just across the way from UKBikeStore!

nicko74

I tend to use them as second choice after crc, simply because I always go to crc first! But I’ve never had a problem with them, and the one time that I ordered a brake urgently that they didn’t have in stock, they worked with the Formula importers to get me one in time for the weekend. Would definitely recommend them

bigyinn
    Free Member

They are the other side of Gosport from where i work. Good bunch and helpful too.
    A LOT easier to find their current unit since they moved from their previous rabbit warren too.

mike_check
    Free Member

That’s probably cos Windwave’s unit is just across the way from UKBikeStore!

ahh! I did wonder how they could offer the service for that price with 3 x shipping (to and from windwave, then returning them to me) considering one way shipping to them was the best part of a tenner!

andy_hamgreen

used them a couple of times – they’re pretty good – you can contact them as well – recommended !

eekamouse
    Free Member

I’m having the same experience has MussEd. I’ve ordered a pair of MTB shoes and a hemlet last week. Both were in status “waiting for dispatch”. After few days in this status i’ve decided to send them an email to know what was the problem, and then my order has disappear from my account! I still have no answer, even after a second email and i still don’t know where is my order. No tracking status, no confirmation email, no answers… the only thing i know is that i gave them 240€!

So i cannot recommend that site at all, i just think they lie about their stock, they don’t have anything in stock and when it takes a long time to get the product they made your order disappear… not very fair.

moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

Bought from them and ridden regularly with one of the owners, Mark. They definately get the thumbs up from me!

MUTD’s

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Any good? Superb!

Delivery for £1 and it's pretty much delivered before you've even ordered it!

Good customer service, always answer emails and fairly promptly.

Good prices, sometimes more expensive, but sometimes cheaper than anywhere else.

Good stock levels and despatch estimations.

If you need something quick, get it from UKBikestore.

Spot on lads, well done!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Never had any issues with them myself. Delivery has always bee nv prompt.

timmys

I ordered an item that was out of stock but would be available "next day" according to website. In the end it took about 3 weeks. Communication was pretty good via email and the problem seemed to be more with the distributors than with uk bike store. What did annoy me was that throughout the time I was dealing with them being told "should be posted early next week" etc. for 3 weeks, all the time the website still said the item was available for dispatch "next day". If you are doing to give dispatch times on a site at least make them accurate.

singletrackmind

Never try to drive there on a Friday afternoon . It took me 2 hours to get home , and its about 15 miles. I could have cycled it faster.
    Nice, knowledgable staff who let me faff with adapters in the unit , and lent me a multi tool to boot. And one of the guys rides exactly the same the bike as me , and i have never seen another one in the 3 years since i bought mine.

StuE
    Free Member

Another thumbs up here,bought a few things from them and they have been Very good ( what bike have you got STM ?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And one of the guys rides exactly the same the bike as me , and i have never seen another one in the 3 years since i bought mine.

Would that be the slightly larger gentleman on the Scott? (If you're reading, you know I can hardly talk! 😉 )

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Store – any good?’ is closed to new replies.