Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ugly paint – new bike problem!
  • Well this is a first world problem if ever there was one. Just bought a new bike, a Giant Anthem 27.5.

I bought it from a guy at the bike shop who rode is 5 times and is upgrading to the higher end model so sold it to me with $1300 off the original price. It was a great deal I didn’t want to miss, however I really dont like the white/silver and sicky green colour.

Im reluctant to pay for a respray on a pretty much new bike. Are there any temporary options? Im sure in a year or so I wont be too bothered about a respray once it is scratched and chipped.

Has anyone got any ideas?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Get it covered in mud

Edric64
    Free Member

If the decals are over the lacquer could you get them off ? That might improve it

nwgiles

pictures of the hideous beast please

sharkbait
    Free Member

Carbon wrap?

oliverracing

might be difficult to do around the complex parts – but would be good fun clicky

ndthornton
    Free Member

Are you sure its not the shape that’s putting you off?

nwgiles

its not that bad,
    a bit of mud,

beside if you go really fast people won’t notice

martinhutch

Well, it’s all personal, but I was expecting something a lot worse than that.

Chainstay protector and mud deals with most of it. The trail will be so alive that you won’t notice, and other people will be too in awe of your à la mode wheel size to mock you.

Speeder

Like this?

beaten to it

Houns

Ride it at night

limburger
    Free Member

That looks just fine to me!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s really not that bad…

At least it’s not a Marin. They actually hurt my eyes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think you’ve got two options:

Roar it or murder it out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks good to me, you worry too much.

Wear dark clothing and nothing that will clash with it..

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Some masking tape and spray can vinyl paint over the offending parts.
    Can be peeled off later.

DezB
    Free Member

Aesthetically, the paint job is the least of it’s worries.

mrjmt
    Free Member

The straight top tube with curvy down tube looks far more weird than the colour.

mrjmt
    Free Member

And the near perfect 90 degrees between forks and top tube is making me feel funny.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Get it wrapped. Or just look where you going when you ride it, rather than looking down at your hideous paint scheme.

It’s not that bad BTW. 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Nitromors. Take it back to raw.

tomaso
    Free Member

Strip frame and hang on wall you don’t care about. Take one aerosol of paint in a good bright and solid colour. Standing about 5 foot away in overalls take one of these

And while pointing bottom of aerosl can at bike frame open the can. It will feel a little like a gun firing and will leave a nice bike silhouette on the wall and cover the bike in paint.

DM52
    Free Member

A fried of mine was talking about this stuff, not seen or used it or even knew it existed…

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/cardipuk/index.asp

im pretty sceptical about the wheel size but it was a good deal that even old stock 26ers were more expensive. Aesthetics are always subjective but the other pant schemes on the same fram make it look better (IMHO)

benji
    Free Member

I like that, but then again I wasn’t blessed with taste, and if you have time to look at the bike whilst riding you aren’t trying hard enough.

takisawa2

Spray it with that stone effect Plastikote. It would look different.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Ugly paint – new bike problem!’ is closed to new replies.