Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Ugly bikes……..love or loathe?
  • pinetree
    Free Member

I recently discovered my bike being slammed on a french website- They hate it! 😀

http://www.vtt-max.com/2012/11/yeti-lefty-ca-rime/#_

maxtorque

clubber

Amateurs

I’m interested to know what that feels like to ride? Does it feel like the frames snapped in half every time the rear suspension articulates and takes the BB away with it?? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

It’s actually really quite good as a SS full sus because it stiffens when standing to gurn so it doesn’t bob around. It’s more like a soft tail than a proper full sus though – it takes the edge off bumps rather than being plush despite actually having about 7″ travel.

When seated, it feels pretty normal – I can’t say that I’ve ever noticed it feel like the BB is moving a lot with one particular exception – if accelerating out of a tight corner while seated, you feel the back whole bike kind of tuck up and it feels like your effort’s going nowhere.

Oh and it can be scary on steep drops if you run with any signifiance sag as the saddle suddenly rises just as you go over the edge! I run with little sag 🙂

vinnyeh

Ade Ward has normally popped up on ugly bike threads by now. In his absence I’ll post….

hock

Sorry, the 2nd Ellsworth won’t win this competition. It’s not half as ugly as the first.

Pinetree, you probably feel honoured, don’t you? Rightly so!

The last one should be considered a piece of art. Early phase of Pop Rat Brutalism or something.

zippykona

The blue Ellsworth wins. That is disgusting.
    I love the look of Mavericks. Someone sell me one cheap!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Just to make sure everyone is aware, I would NOT sell all my bikes for this:

awaits pitchforks and angry men with beards and dubious homebrew bubbling away in their attics

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Clubber – that may be a fuggly bike but that’s a great shot of the Arnolfini and the harbour. Still regret moving away from Bris. Best town on the planet.

Northwind

jivehoneyjive, to be fair that was probably quite a nice bike before someone left it too close to the fire

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thanks to a STW post to the ebay ad I got this delivered this morning….

ashfanman
    Free Member

Thanks to a STW post to the ebay ad I got this delivered this morning…

You BOUGHT it? 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i got them both 🙂

I mainly wanted something I could go to the shops on, there are a couple of potholes

Fudd
    Free Member

Genius. I now want a Whyte. And some crocodile teeth stickers… 8)

gonzy
    Free Member

dammit!! Mikewsmith beat me to it… 😆
    oh well…here are the other ugly monsters that make up the rest of the family…

clubber
    Free Member

garthmerenghi – Member
    Clubber – that may be a fuggly bike but that’s a great shot of the Arnolfini and the harbour. Still regret moving away from Bris. Best town on the planet.

Indeed, I think it could be. I’m very happy here 🙂

And the new trails make it even better – weatherproof and direct most of the riders away from the less robust, less obvious trails which means that they’re rideable in winter too.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Ugly bikes……..love or loathe?’ is closed to new replies.