Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Ugliest car that Chevy ever made
  • johndrummer
    Free Member

just watching recording of ‘Speed Is The New Black’, they’re working on a 2003 Chevrolet SSR. It’s a car, yes. But it’s also a pickup truck AND a convertible.

it’s gopping. it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. It’s worse than a Fiat Multipla.

It makes a Ssangyong Rodius look like an Alfa 4C. It’s even more of a ‘wtaf’ than that Suzuki that was both a 2 seat roadster AND a baby SUV.

thank the gods o& motoring that it never made it across the pond.

what has been seen cannot be unseen. Please poke out my eyes with pointy sticks. No, make that blunt ones

colournoise

Dunno, has an odd charm?

colournoise

And besides, Chevy also made this.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Still, could be worse, could be a Chrysler PT Cruiser

hols2
    Free Member

The 57 Bel Air has style.

This is just ugly blandness.

TedC

SSR might not be to everyone’s taste, but a Pontiac Aztek was to no ones taste. Sufficiently hideous that I’m not going to post an image. Google if you wish, but what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

sarawak
    Free Member

So many to choose from it’s hard to pick a winner. But they are American so taste and style are non existent.

hols2
    Free Member

Pontiac Aztek was to no ones taste

Here you go.

GM seemed to specialize in making ugly cars, I think the Chevy’s were probably the least offensive of the bunch. At least the Buick GNX went fast enough that you could probably forget what an ugly brute it was.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a25623/first-look-flashback-1987-buick-gnx/

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chevy made some of the most awesome MOPARs, you cannot deny that.

Thier main failing, IMO, was trying too hard to accommodate more than 4 passengers in one vehicle…

That pickup ain’t so bad, it’s a modern interpretation and f the old style P100’s and such..

You can see the DNA from this 50’s Chevy Pickup quite easily..

Granted those bloody awful PT Cruisers are the epitome of grown men playing with wax crayons..

gears_suck
    Free Member

So many to choose from it’s hard to pick a winner. But they are American so taste and style are non existent.

This comment offers nothing to the conversation except to show a high level of ignorance.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I really like the SSR – saw one in Colorado a couple of months ago

johndrummer
    Free Member

The Camaro is not a bad looking car. Think i’d rather have a Mustang though

gears_suck
    Free Member

Its in the eye of the beholder.

BearBack
    Free Member

I’d have a HHR SS tomorrow if I could find a full power version in manual with the bigbrake kit.

Marmite cars for sure but then I also like the gen1 Honda Ridgeline too.

SaxonRider

You haven’t lived until you’ve driven in one of these babies! I present to you a 1970s Chevy El Camino.

P.S. I agree that the Aztec was the most gawping vehicle ever built. Homer Simpson couldn’t have done worse.

tonyg2003

I’ve had a couple of rides in an aztec and they are pretty horrible inside too. It was described by the friend (who had been given it by his brother) as “the car that just won’t die”. Replaced eventually by a massive F150.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I was going to say that the SSR might look better after a bit of work but I googled it and they still look terrible. I’m a fan of ugly cars too.

ivantate
    Free Member

Chevy made no MOPARs.  Just poor copies.

epicyclo

Have you looked at the 2ndhand prices of the SSR?

$20,000 is cheap…

bikebouy
    Free Member

MOPAR, most awesome

CountZero

You want ugly, I give you the 1993 Buick Skylark – I had one for a week to drive around LA as part of a prize trip. It went well enough 3 litre V6, as I recall, but with a column-shift auto. Not a car I remember fondly, but at least I didn’t have to pay for it. It was the same colour as the photo.

matt_outandabout

At least they are safe.

Oh.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Bikebouy that is a chevy chevelle. Not a mopar. A Mopar is a chrysler product not GM. It stands for motor parts . Two totally different manufacturers .

Matt out and about.. That’s not a chevy.

CountZero

This is MOPAR awesomeness:

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know what MOPAR stands for thanks, it’s also used in a wider sense to include “hot” versions of sedans.

HTHs.

If not, I don’t really care. To me the SS is a MOPAR.

fd3chris
    Free Member

No it isn’t your talking bollox. But then I guess you could say there is a pontiac mustang and an amc impala. I take it you’ve never been in the American car scene, owned one or know anything about it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>To be fair he thinks buoy is spelled differently in the US (it’s not).</p><p>That GNX is a brute but I like it. Same sort of beauty (if you can call it that) as a Volvo.</p>

<p>I was going to say that the SSR might look better after a bit of work but I googled it and they still look terrible. </p>

<p>You sure?</p><p></p>

FuzzyWuzzy

Nothing is in even the same league of hideousness as the Multipla or Rodious, but yeah that Chevy is pretty fugly

molgrips
    Free Member

American cars are all awful.  There were a few nice ones over the decades but that’s just pure pot luck – throw enough fins and miscellaneous design features around and eventually one or two look ok.  But we don’t share pictures of most of them.

The US car industry is trash – all about image, nothing else.  And it fails miserably most of the time.  Driving along the road there seeing all the nasty curvy boxes and mechanical junk that is actually on the road is pretty depressing from an aesthetic point of view.

hols2
    Free Member

No, I think a lot of the muscle cars from the 60s and 70s were pretty decent at looking muscular. I never liked the chrome plated luxury barge type thing, especially in the 80s though, they just looked cheap and garish, not luxury.

Muscular.

Cheap and garish.

Just for comparison’s sake, here’s the undefeated champ.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No it isn’t your talking bollox

🤣🤪

Your Or You’re?

And bollox Or bollocks ?

Just askin.

I lived in the States in the 70’s and early 80’s, suppose that counts for nothing..

You are clearly moar talented than I.

Do carry on.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, I think a lot of the muscle cars from the 60s and 70s were pretty decent at looking muscular.

Nah, I don’t think so.  There’s a decent shape in there somewhere but there’s no finesse in that picture you posted.  Just take a standard shape and stick crap details all over it until you get bored.  And seeing one car next to 2018s cars is one thing, seeing them all over the place as cheap copies of each other in the 70s or 80s is another.

hols2
    Free Member

Well, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it. But most cars are pretty crap looking. For every Jag E-Type, there are dozens of Morris 1300s and Hillman Hunters.

retro83
    Free Member

As I’ve got older and started a family myself,  I’ve come to realise that the vehicle Homer built with the separate compartment for the kids is actually a pretty good idea.

professor_fate
    Free Member

oh i don’t know, to my eyes the SSR is quite stylish in a non-functional-for-a-pickup kind of way with front styling cues to the 40’s/50’s… so how does that other attempt at Cool of the time – the Prowler – stackup?

And as we’re talking cars being hit with the ugly stick, i give you the BL 1800 “land crab” *shudder*

Nico
    Free Member

I think some cars look nicer than others.

trail_rat
    Free Member

id have that pick up all day  long before a chevy matiz , trax or orlando.

infact the cruze is about the only uk chevy that i’d not exactly *like* but wouldnt horrifically hate. – at least it blends in with all the other bland box audis and vauxhalls.

Id have a late 60s or early 70s camero any day though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>chevy matiz </p>

<p>Not exactly a Chevy though is it? I mean, they slap Chevy badges on Vauxhalls and sell them to unfortunate Brazilians (you haven’t seen goppin’ until you’ve seen a Corsa sedan)</p>

trail_rat
    Free Member

dunno the mk1 corsa (for euro) sedan …. ie the UK Nova saloon was pretty gopping…. and it came in a cabriolet as well….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Ugliest car that Chevy ever made’ is closed to new replies.