Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • UFC 200
  • arrpee
    Free Member

Any predictions?

Two big rematches in Edgar/Aldo and Jones/Cormier, both of which have a lot of potential to go differently to last time. Probably most interested in Edgar/Aldo; want to see how Aldo’s form is after his defeat to McGregor.

Jones/Cormier is a close second. Want to see if Cormier can find a way to stop himself being totally shut down this time. Equally interested to see if Jones can find his old self after his extended holiday.

If I were Lesnar, I’d be bricking it against Hunt. The guy’s basically a human mantis shrimp.

Anyone got any thoughts on Dos Anjos vs Alvarez tonight in the interim?

BoardinBob

Good card. Annoyed I’m going to miss it live as I’m away at a wedding.

I reckon Lesnar gets badly KO’d. No idea how long Lesnar has been in a proper camp, or if he’s been in one at all.

Jones looked very average against OSP. I don’t think his heart is in it anymore, but Cormier may be enough to get him fired up.

Edgar is on a great run and I’m tipping him. Reckon this’ll be fight of the night.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

So many good matchups, Big Rig vs Gastelum and Cain vs Travis I think have the potential to be absolute crackers, it will also be good to see Northcut. I still can’t see anyone getting close to Jones.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Link to full card: http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-200?id=

I have thrown a cheeky bet on DC. I just like him as a dude, but honestly, I think Jones is going to win it.

Looking forward more to Lesnar v Hunt. I think the majority are wanting the same as me, to see Hunt knock Lesnar out and walk off. If Hunt connects this will happen, but I think if Lesnar can get him down, then he’ll get the sub.

Don’t forget, also on BT, Thursday and Friday’s fights (so next day early mornings for us):

Friday morning:

dos Anjos vs. Alvarez….plus my man Derrick Lewis going against fading Roy Nelson.

Saturday morning:

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha II….plus Will Brooks first fight in UFC.

Plus you got the first 202 presser with Connor and Nick which are always fun.

Rogan and Brendan preview:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0hhkPcIEA[/video]

If you like football and fighting, this is a good week.

BillOddie

Wild (and strangely specific) predictions!
    UFC200:
    Jones beats Cormier in the 2nd round by TKO.
    Hunt beats Lesnar in the 1st by KO.
    Tait beats Nunes in the 3rd by Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
    Aldo beats Edgar by Decision (unanimous)
    Browne beats Velasquez in the 1st by KO
    TUF23 Finale:
    Gadelha beat J?drzejczyk by decision (unanimous)
    Fight Night:
    Alvarez beats Dos Anjos by KO in the 3rd.

There are some great fights on the undercard… Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon will be a WAR! Zingano vs Pena and Gastelum vs Hendricks should be good fight s too!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

That is strangely specific. Down to the bookmakers with those predictions!

…apart for the Hunt one. I went to place a bet on that last week and it was something like 1/5.

BoardinBob

FFS Jones 😕

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just seen the news.

ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME?

LAS VEGAS — Interim UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been pulled from his title unification bout against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200 on Saturday, after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency informed Jones of a potential doping violation on Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16844105/ufc-200-jon-jones-faces-anti-doping-violation-removed-card

Guess that’s all my DC bets, along with his multi-million payday, voided then.

Jon Jones really is determined to **** himself out of a career.

Poor ‘ol Dana.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-AX158EFGQ[/video]

arrpee
    Free Member

Wow. How ironic that he quipped about USADA “doing a number on these guys” after Werdum and others’ recent defeats.

Wonder if they’ll attempt to find a replacement to fight Cormier. Must be pretty gutting for him too. Who knows if it’ll ever happen now?

Also wondering if it was recreational (again) or performance-enhancing.

Either way, what an eejit.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wonder if they’ll attempt to find a replacement to fight Cormier.

😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ja3YxN0UU[/video]

arrpee
    Free Member

Ooooooft. There goes Dos Anjos. It truly is a mug’s game, trying to predict MMA.

On a similar note, who could have predicted Silva stepping in to fight Cormier at light heavyweight, on two days’ notice, 7 weeks after having his gall bladder out? Hope he gets paid properly for that one.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Lordy…Silva just had gallbladder surgery as well….so I don’t know what to think.

arrpee
    Free Member

Aldo vs. Edgar was my favourite on the night, with Aldo looking undiminished after the McGregor defeat; can’t believe how well he shrugs off takedowns. Edgar also seriously impressive, utterly tenacious despite Aldo’s counters.

Cormier vs. Silva on the other hand was just demeaning to all concerned.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Tate looked like she had just wandered in off the street.

Hunt got wrestlef**ked. Fair play to Brock tho.

Cormier vs. Silva on the other hand was just demeaning to all concerned.

Gets worse. Bisping’s first defence of belt will be against Hendo. Ridiculous. #13 ranked gets title fight just because it will make more money. Makes a joke out of the whole thing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘UFC 200’ is closed to new replies.