Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • UFC 184 Ronda Rousey vs Kat Zingano.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxF8ZD3S1UA[/video]

Anyone else looking forward to this? I’m not usually a huge fan of women’s MMA, but I have to admit I find “Rowdy” Ronda fascinating/terrifying. This will probably be the biggest ever combat sports event with women headlining the card. I predict RRR by TKO in the 2nd.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am not a fan of MMA and the thought of girls doing it is even worse.

Just my opinion and not trying to decry the athletes that are involved.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Are you honestly more excited about this than Pacman vs Mayweather Jim Jam? Fair enough if you are, each to there own.

I’m with Pigface on this one.

DezB
    Free Member

the thought of girls doing it is even worse

Girls??

Not a sport I’m into either.

jimjam
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member

Are you honestly more excited about this than Pacman vs Mayweather Jim Jam? Fair enough if you are, each to there own.

No, definitely not. But I am more excited about Petis vs Dos Anjos, Jones vs Johnson and in particular Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I am not a fan of MMA and the thought of girls doing it is even worse.

Just my opinion and not trying to decry the athletes that are involved.

I was the same, but these two really are the real-deal.

Although Zingano is a brute, Ronda is too complete of a fighter to get beat in my view. I’ll go Rousey by tko in the 3rd…

But I am more excited about Petis vs Dos Anjos, Jones vs Johnson and in particular Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor.

Now you’re talking – I’m actually gonna stay up for the Mcg v Aldo – I just hope neither of them get knocked out in the early rounds…

Pigface
    Free Member

I am sure they are the real deal and just checked out Rousey and she is an incredible athlete just dont like two women leathering each other.

As I said just my personal opinion, I am sure both could beat the bejesus out of me with out breaking sweat.

bigblackshed

If Rousey can avoid the stand up fight, take it to the ground and grapple, then she’ll win. If she stands up and fights she’ll lose quite quickly.

I’d say Rousey in the second by submission.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ll go Rousey by tko in the 3rd…

8 to 1 on Skybet

Now you’re talking – I’m actually gonna stay up for the Mcg v Aldo – I just hope neither of them get knocked out in the early rounds…

I’ll be happy enough if that’s Aldo getting knocked out. McGregor might be an irritating tosser, but he’s a spectacular fighter, and Irish of course. I did seminars with John Kavagh as far back as 1998 when he was a JKD instructor. Very smart guy and a progressive thinker. Easy to see why McGregor is such a dynamic fighter.

BoardinBob

Can’t stand Rousey. It’s amazing how fake her smiling, bubbly persona was shattered by TUF. Sadly she’ll arm bar her way to yet another win.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ll be happy enough if that’s Aldo getting knocked out. McGregor might be an irritating tosser, but he’s a spectacular fighter, and Irish of course. I did seminars with John Kavagh as far back as 1998 when he was a JKD instructor. Very smart guy and a progressive thinker. Easy to see why McGregor is such a dynamic fighter.

I don’t think he is a tosser you know…He’s definitely miss understood by a lot of the stateside media in my view. What they all seem to forget is is that fighting is huge battle of confidence and wills aswell as the obvious and McG has it in buckets. McG is a better fighter than Aldo, I’d even say that Aldo is scrappy and wreckless compared to McG’s precise, selective blows.

McG by TKO late in the fourth…

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t think he is a tosser you know…He’s definitely miss understood by a lot of the stateside media in my view.

Well, tosser might be going too far but his persona grates. I understand a fighter has to have unshakeable confidence, otherwise why bother. But he’s hard to listen to at times. The only saving grace is that he backs it up. Incredible to watch.

Pigface – Member

I am sure they are the real deal and just checked out Rousey and she is an incredible athlete just dont like two women leathering each other.

As I said just my personal opinion, I am sure both could beat the bejesus out of me with out breaking sweat.

I was put off by the idea of two women fighting as well and the earlier fights I watched did nothing to allay this as the fighters were often amateurish, which often results in messy fights male or female. With the elite fighters though, ie Rousey and Zingano they are on a different level, clearly high ranking professional fighters who are just making the next logical step in the progression as combat sports athletes. They are not really any different from Olympica Judoka or TKD players. And yes, they could doubtless beat the bejeezus out of any of us and were they to encounter Mayweather or Pacquiao in a cage they could well do the same which says it all imo.

jimjam
    Free Member

All I can say is 😯

Pigface
    Free Member

19 seconds

bigblackshed

All of the work Rousey has been doing with the Gracies has worked. I’d be pissed off if I’d paid to watch that live or in the arena.

euans2
    Free Member

Rousey never fails to amaze, Kat made it easy for her though. Coming out like that she was on a hiding to nothing

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

superior skills 8) Fantastic

jimjam
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

19 seconds

Apparently it was 14 seconds. Fastest submission in MMA

pondo

Just watched that at work with the sound off – was there by any chance some booing? Rousey didn’t stay smiley for long. 🙁

jimjam
    Free Member

pondo – Member

Just watched that at work with the sound off – was there by any chance some booing? Rousey didn’t stay smiley for long.

Nah, the crowd went nuts. Rousey probably stopped smiling because she wanted to take the arm home with her.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Nah no booing and rightly so. Cannot believe Zingano flying in like that, so uncontrolled and quite disappointing. You know Rousey will look for the arm so flailing in is suicide.

mos

Just says video is private?

jimjam
    Free Member

It was just the pre fight hype. Strange that it’s saying private since it was linked from UFC’s youtube channel.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rousey never fails to amaze, Kat made it easy for her though. Coming out like that she was on a hiding to nothing

^This sums it up in succinct fashion.^

I believe the victory was the quickest ‘title fight submission’…

All in all one of the worst major UFC events i’ve seen.

Showtime vs RDA next?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘UFC 184 Ronda Rousey vs Kat Zingano.’ is closed to new replies.