Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Uci Fort Bill and then Torridan/gairloch
  • duncancallum

Any one fancy a week away.

I’m going the Worlds with my Brother in law and then heading north and camping at gairloch for the rest of the week.

I’m also doing a staine on the way up…

postierich
    Free Member

Lazy question whens Fort Bill WC?

duncancallum

1st weekend of june 5th n 6th ircc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

Half term looks like another road trip!!! IIRC its the start of the midge season 🙁

duncancallum

Yep. They leave me alone n feast on the BiL he’s like the anti smidge

mintimperial

Couple of us are going up for the racing, and if the weather’s nice will fit in a couple of days riding afterwards, probably Torridon. If it’s anything like last year though I’ll be heading straight back down the A82 and riding somewhere less wet, like maybe the bottom of a lake or something. To be fair, the midgies really weren’t bad last year. I think they’d all drowned.

Lets have a chat next time I see you at an MNPR, I’m sure we can sort out meeting up, even if it’s just for a beer on the Saturday night.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Buy some Smidge and a decent midge net.

Northwind

They usually get the dh open again pretty quick the day after btw, it’s pretty cool riding in the tyretracks of the gods. However badly 😆

duncancallum

Coolio

More the merrier

duncancallum

any more interest?

duncancallum

bumpty mcbump.

Booked on at bunroy fri too sunday and then at gairlock from monday night till friday/saturday.

duncancallum

right ho, any one?

I feel current fitness levels a 5 six hour ride is best although I am tempted with a big ride, I am traveling up monday so only have half a day and traveling back sat, so I would like 3 rides so I have some time to mooch around with the BIL and show him some of the sights (and to go for burgers at the badachro Inn…)

what 3 routes would people do?

im thinking

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.aspx?VenueNumber=27#TrailNumber200

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.aspx?VenueNumber=27#TrailNumber227

and what else? is the mbr one any good?

felltop

Ben Damph circuit is not as good as it used to be. The descent is pretty washed out and trench like linn many places. Another casualty of the summer 2014 storm I think.

duncancallum

Ahh. Any suggests alternatives

felltop

There’s a good out and back route starting from the locally, but confusingly named “Red Barn” (it’s actually green!), on the brand new double track road section between Gairloch and Loch Marree. Theres an obvois bridge over the burn, between two lochans, with a temporary bridge over it. Being an out abd back, make the ride as long or short as you like!

scotroutes

Aye – you can go all the way to the Bothy at the end of Loch na h’Oidhche for a stunning – and very different – view of the Torridon mountains.

duncancallum

Looking forward to it.

I am also looking forward to mucho coffee at the mountain coffee co.

I was tempted with the applecross n back route

martinxyz
    Free Member

Yep, midge net! Just back from a motorbike ride through Gairloch and up to Gruinard.. was getting bitten in a breeze. HT550 folk must be suffering a bit.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Uci Fort Bill and then Torridan/gairloch’ is closed to new replies.