Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Uberbike pads
  • chambo82
    Free Member

Anyone used the above mentioned brakepads please ? Im thinking of trying them instead of superstar but only recently found them so wondered if anyone has used them and if so are they any good ?

Cheers

mindmap3
    Free Member

Using them at the mo (race ones or whatever they’re called with the orange back plate).

They seem OK, I couldn’t say if thet ate better than the stock pads what I can say is that they squeal and honk in the wet. So much so that I doubt I’ll be using then once the weather gets grotty.

organic355
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    failedengineer

I’ve had a few sets, switched from Superstar when they were out of stock of Hope X2s. They are at least as good as Superstar power wise, but they don’t seem very long lasting. However, because conditions vary hugely it’s hard to compare directly.

organic355
    Free Member

I expect this is a stupid question but are the Superstar ones better than AVID’s own ones, I assume cheaper?

persona
    Free Member

Better, how?
    Avid OEM are (or were) generally sintered. Superstar Sintered work fine too IME.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve got a set in my elixirs, No complaints. Its really dry now so can’t compare to the last set of pads I used.

As a company they seem pretty good. I also have one of their lights which is excellent.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I just got some uberbike race matrix pads, they’re as strong as my standard xt pads in the dry good conditions but yeah in the wet they’re pretty shitty. Mega loud and not very strong at all so come the grotty weather ill be swapping to something else and keeping race matrix for the drier days.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me Golfchick.

I think I’ll go back to Shimano OE ones; they lasted ages, seemed powerful and were dead quiet in all weather. Squealing brakes do my head in.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Double post doh.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I really like the race matrix and sintered ones. The race ones are great- very powerful and very long lasting. The sintered ones are the only pads I’ve ever used that stood up to the Strathpuffer. No howling either for me.

Carax
    Free Member

I have the sintered ones with my Avid Elixir brakes and they squeal like a stuck pig, even in the dry.

orange225
    Free Member

Been using the matrix pads on a couple of my bikes for a while, very long lasting and very consistent. Would recommend them,

Potdog
    Free Member

Using them here on my rental bikes. The sintered ones seem to last really well and stop just as well as anything else I’ve used. Can’t comment on wet weather performance or noise as we don’t really get any 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Uberbike pads’ is closed to new replies.