Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Uber niche stw knowledge – old super soakers
  • Rich_s

I’ve got an old (25 years) Larami Super Soaker CPS 1500 which has allowed me to terrorise the neighborhood for years.

Let the kids have it at the weekend and they finally killed it by snapping off the pump handle.

It was a cheap listing weekend so I thought I’d try and recycle it on the ‘bay, but I’ve been offered £25 for it!

Anyone got any knowledge about these things?

Should I stick, or twist?

View post on imgur.com

Markie
    Free Member

No special knowledge, sorry. But eBay sold prices for them go higher, as the following link may show?

FWLIW, I’ve never had a good eBay experience selling early when the auction didn’t originally have a BIN.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=supersoaker+1500&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313&_odkw=%28vintage%2Cretro%29+supersoaker&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Rich_s

Hmmm. There’s quite a market in the US!

I’m already planning the replacement 😁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Fueled
    Free Member

Some people are properly into this stuff:
    Supersoaker armoury database

Your kinds might have done well to thoroughly research the cons of this particular model before engaging:

Pros
    Mid-sized, light, and easy to carry thanks to its shoulder strap. Despite its size, it packs good power and stream size. It also does not take too much effort to pump up the firing chamber. The two nozzle settings also allows one to be a little more thrifty with one’s water usage or more sadistic with drenching your foes.

Cons
    Like the Super Soaker CPS 1000, this weapon can quickly drain is resources if the user is too trigger-happy. One should also take care not to run or fall with the pumping mechanism extended as this appears to be the most fragile part of this otherwise well-built blaster. The pump may break if not treated with proper respect.

Cougar

The CPS range is (to the best of my knowledge) the most powerful guns Supersoaker ever made, they’re sought after.

I had a mk1 CPS2000, it was a cannon that fired two pints a second. The internal bladder burst so I threw it out, it was ages later that I discovered it was both repairable and valuable.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I remember the absolute joy of my folks bringing me back an SS 200 from Florida, only to discover that it was easier to just throw the reservoirs at folk or just wait for a passing rain shower. Promised so much and delivered so little. Literally.

£25 for some plastic trash!?

Take it whilst you can.

Not asking much are you

Rich_s

Take it whilst you can

Have done.

Not asking much are you

I asked for a tenner. The rapid offer of £25 made me wonder what it might have been worth. Kerrrching.

sanername

Gosh, I have a good working CPS2000, didn’t realise what it is worth.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bugger, I have had loads of super soakers over the years. I used to take 2 – 3 to the BBB each year to keep the crowds under control and just give them away at the end of each day to which ever kid had impressed / bribed me most that day. That is probably over 30 of them since the start.

Rich_s

Gosh, I have a good working CPS2000, didn’t realise what it is worth.

This isn’t you, is it?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275389317105?hash=item401e7b7ff1:g:7hUAAOSwG1dhuG2E

Holy moley.

Cougar

Idiotic price but yes, that’s a mk1. Like the one I binned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.