Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • U2 – BBC Roof…..
  • the_lecht_rocks

…….
    marketing genius ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I
    HATE
    U2

the_lecht_rocks

can you be more specific 😀

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I too hate U2.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

S’possible to get clear head shot on Bono?

‘The Edge’. You what? You wanted to call yourself something cool, so you chose ‘The Edge’??

What a bell-end…

the_lecht_rocks

LOL………keep it coming boys 😮

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I was so looking forward to this week – I love seeing just how wound up all the cool kids get when there’s a new release on the way – I knew STW wouldn’t let me down in providing plenty of “this-weeks-coolest-band” lovin’ U2 haters

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – I knew STW wouldn’t let me down in providing plenty of “this-weeks-coolest-band” lovin’ U2 haters

Nothing but classic rock for for me. Most modern music is shite imo. U2 is exceptional shite.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Loads and loads of good reviews for the new album. Ordered mine off itunes! Even my 3 year old daughter sings get off your boots when taking her shoes off at nursery!
    Anyway i’m a blinkered fan since 1985 so there’s no help for me!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

So what’s classic rock GG?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Absoulte Shite..

If there is only one person worse than Bono.. Its Chris Martin.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No; Chris Martin can at least take the piss out of himself. Bono is so far up his own arse, he’s gone round several times…

You want to make a difference, Mr. Hewson? Give yer money to charidee, stop flying round the World meeting other egomaniacs who pretend to ‘care’, and STOP MAKING RECORDS.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Most modern music is shite imo

Well, you said it then, you sound just like your parents when the “classic” rock you like was new…

MrNutt
    Free Member

what Teetosugars said but not worse, equally bad. chuck em both in the sea.

nickc

I couldn’t care less about a band TBH, I neither hate nor like them, they just are…

emac65
    Free Member

U2 – totally awesome,you can certainly see why they are the biggest band in the world…………….

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

doctornickriviera – Member
    So what’s classic rock GG?

DC, Zepplin, Sabbath, Skynyrd, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy……..I mean I could list my entire album collection if you’d like? But you probably get the idea, not what you had in mind?

deadlydarcy –

Well, you said it then, you sound just like your parents when the “classic” rock you like was new…

What? How do you know what my parents were saying 30 years ago? I take it you mean my folks thought the above bands were shite when they were current? …which would be incorrect.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with that GG like some of it but i’m probably 10 years too young for most of it!

Chase
    Free Member

OK, so i’m a long time fan. Just watched the rooftop thing. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    The last couple of albums haven’t clicked with me but what I have heard of the new one really excites me. It sounds like a very different U2 again (remember what Achtung Baby sounded like after the Joshua Tree?).
    One of my lifelong memories is seeing U2 at Elland Road in Leeds in 1987. I was 15 and my parents had to get permission for me to leave the school for the afternoon. I went on my own as none of my mates cared for U2 at the time. Saw them next in Glasgow and then twice at Roundhay Park.

You either love ’em or hate ’em. Each to their own I guess.

PS. The 3D Imax show is worth a visit if you ever get the chance.

Sonor
    Free Member

So much bitterness here over a band that is successful.

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope, no bitterness, just think their music sounds like something that an advert might shite out.

postierich
    Free Member

Been a fan since seeing them @ the Brixton Academy 83/84 time, their new album sounds a lot fresher only band I would pay top dollar to watch live.

emac65
    Free Member

Millions & millions of other people think different MrNutt………………….

RudeBoy
    Free Member

But millions more agree with MrNutt.

I am indifferent to their ‘music’. I do find it similar to what you might hear on a car advert or something. I’ve no doubt the band are technically skilled, but their stuff just don’t float my boat, and i find some of the bands Gnargnar mentioned much better.

And Bono is a ****.

snakebite
    Free Member

Quite a big fan here too having been to Germany and Belgium to see em live. I think they’ve had a good day with the BBC, and they’re on Wossy in a bit. My Ipods been playing real early stuff since I heard ‘Boots’ and rekindles my faith in U2.

IHN

How do the BBC get away with blatantly plugging the new U2 album for an entire day when they are not supposed to advertise?

Oh, and U2 make my sh1t itch.

snakebite
    Free Member

I love the way the STW wannabe’s feel the need to to show venom and vibes to anything remotely mainstream or successful . It’s almost like the anti everything crew…..punk almost.. I sometimes think some of the guys on here could argue with themselves in the mirror… before venting their frustrations on the keyboard…makes me smile. U2 love em or hate em are a world wide success story.

snakebite
    Free Member

Because they broadcast ‘popular music’ I guess….

izakimak
    Free Member

Vastley over-rated shite. Bono more like(K)nobo!

sc-xc

I don’t really like them, but Running to stand still is a really beautiful song.

bigrich

its a beautiful day winds me up, for some reason. I think its cos ITV had the footy and I equate it with Andy Townsend in his tactics truck.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Rode past the Beeb today and saw a large group of loud young people with a Dutch flag waiting outside the church opposite, pointing at the Beeb’s roof.

Wasn’t aware what was going on so asked a Beeb secuity chappie about what was going on. He replied and I quote:

“Yeah mate it’s U2. Look at that lot over there. Been here since six this morning. Animals.”

😆 😆

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

I don’t really care for U2 musically. I find it amazing that people have this hatred for Bono, because he tries to raise both awareness and money for the third world! Would you lot really have more respect for him if he was in and out of rehab on a regular basis, and was in the papers and heat magazine because he was struggling to cope with stardom?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

snakebite

I love the way the STW wannabe’s feel the need to to show venom and vibes to anything remotely mainstream or successful . It’s almost like the anti everything crew…..punk almost..

Did it ever occur to you that maybe we simply hate the music? Did it ever occur to you that the music actually is shite and your perception is warped and or your taste in music is non existent?

People are allowed to have differing musical tastes, the difference between the mainstream and the alternative is that the alternative, for want of a better word isnt constantly being teleported into our brains via every single medium know to man. I cant remember the last time I switched on the telly and saw A*** **** performing Hitler was a sensitive guy on Jonathan Ross.

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

I cant remember the last time I switched on the telly and saw A*** **** performing Hitler was a sensitive guy on Jonathan Ross.

It’s a conspiracy, man!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Interesting to see how U2’s record sales go up just after one of Bono’s Charidee tours…

Sorry, but as much as I think it’s important to raise awareness of issues that affect people worldwide, such as war, disease, famine etc, whenever I see that sanctimonious self-righteous tw4t going on about ‘making poverty history’, then getting back in some limo, or on a jet, to go back to one of his multi-million pound mansions, I just think ‘shut up, Bono’.

Bonollocks. It’s a word…

samuri
    Free Member

I think their music is OK, I guess. The problem is that Bono and quite possibly the rest of the band are so far up their own arses they’ve completely lost track of the world and the people who live in it.

I can produce many, many examples of U2’s hypocrisy but I particularly like their decision to move their savings away from their *beloved* Ireland where they would get taxed at normal rates and would support that economy and all the worthy causes the Irish Government backs, and put them into tax havens in Holland whilst preaching to the rest of us about giving money to the poor.

It almost rates alongside their attitude to music piracy where they demand their loyal customers foot the bill to pay for CD/DVD encryption to stop people ripping their product.

And how many versions of their last album did they produce? 6? Come on!
    Now I know they’re taking the mickey.

Sonor
    Free Member

Keep going chaps, I’m sure U2 are upset that you seem to hate them with a vengeance. 🙄

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

If I can sicken the shit of just one U2 fan, the way that U2 sickens my shit – then my work is done.

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Generic 18 year old here – no one I know has ever mentioned U2. Ever. Honestly, I can’t recall them coming up in any conversation, or being played in the halls of residence, anything.
    As such, hopefully they’ll go away eventually.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘U2 – BBC Roof…..’ is closed to new replies.