Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 5,513 total)
  • U.S. Presidential Election 2020
  • sobriety
    Free Member

Those tweets are far too coherent, I reckon someone has wrestled his phone off of him.

frankconway

jamze – but surely his secret lover, Ivanka, can sneak one in for him.
    Interesting that his brats have gone very quiet; when the old man has nothing more to offer – sometime soon – their transactional relationship will end.
    To transact, you need something to trade.

frankconway

Earlier report of PA certifying was premature; now confirmed by the state AG.

thols2

Northwind

I like that one of the most critical decisions so far has been made by essentially the estates and procurement team. I’ve always felt like they have the ability to bring down every organisation I’ve ever worked for- watching senior managers try to get a new office chair shows you who’s really in charge. But I didn’t think they were that powerful.

thols2

I’ve always felt like they have the ability to bring down every organisation I’ve ever worked for- watching senior managers try to get a new office chair shows you who’s really in charge.

It may not be over yet. The really cunning ones come back at you with malicious compliance that makes it impossible to actually do anything while technically meeting the requirements for helping:

Accounting: We’ve approved your budget for a new chair, but budgets have all been cut by 15% so you get 85% of what you requested.
    Me: That’s no use, I can’t buy 85% of a chair, I need all the money or none of it.
    Accounting: It’s already been approved, you have to use the money now.
    Me: But I can’t buy 85% of a chair!
    Accounting: You don’t have to spend it on a chair. You can spend it on a cushion for a chair, or transportation to a furniture shop to research the price of chairs, or pretty much anything as long as the receipt includes the word “chair”.
    Me: But we need a chair for the extra person that was just hired. They can’t sit on a cushion, they need a chair.
    Accounting: Yes, we approved your request to buy a chair.

thols2

frankconway

Parler – used by microcephalous idiots, rednecks and other shit heads.
    Why can’t any posters on there use their own names?
    Because they’re keyboard warriors – pathetic excuses for human beings hiding behind pseudonyms.
    The only language they understand is a baseball bat across the head.
    And with that, goodnight.

thols2

MoreCashThanDash

Because they’re keyboard warriors – pathetic excuses for human beings hiding behind pseudonyms.

Damn right
    MCTD 😎

Klunk
    Free Member

whitestone
    Free Member

Because Cletus was already taken, a bit like Tarquin St John on here 😉

thols2

ChrisL

Pook
    I just hope Biden us building a watertight lock-him-up case for when he’s out

I disagree, I hope that the courts take Trump to task without even the slightest whiff of influence from Biden on the matter. Any suggestion of presidential interference will inflame the situation unnecessarily.

scuttler

This Southern District of New York inauguration funds thing refuses to go away and by its very nature is ‘detached’ from Federal Government intervention.

More here – https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/09/new-york-southern-district-donald-trump-inauguration-prosecutors, although it’s ironic that clown-lawyer Giuliani is an alumni….

Jamze

If true, Trump scrapping the Open Skies planes when he knows the incoming administration will reverse his decision is so typical. They were refitted in April I think.

Hopefully someone can hide them away somewhere and lie.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030802044100/http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=120

thols2

I hope that the courts take Trump to task without even the slightest whiff of influence from Biden on the matter. Any suggestion of presidential interference will inflame the situation unnecessarily.

The President can’t direct the FBI etc. to investigate anybody (beyond making a complaint just like any citizen can), and they can’t direct them not to investigate anybody. He most certainly cannot direct the courts to do anything at all.

IMO, the best thing to do would be to set up an investigation by a special counsel, led by a moderate Republican and staffed by competent investigators without any consideration of their political affiliations (i.e. how this stuff is supposed to be done), and tell them to use their discretion to investigate anything that constitutes serious offences, lay criminal charges where appropriate, and make a public report. Biden should then pardon Trump for any of his stupid stuff that he did in office like obstructing justice, but let any financial/tax stuff go to trial and make him pay whatever fines are due. Trying to prosecute him for every dumb thing he did will be counterproductive, so just stick to the big stuff and settle for publicly showing that he’s a crook rather than insisting on jail time.

GrahamS

IMO, the best thing to do would be to set up an investigation by a special counsel

Didn’t help much with the Republican-led Republican-majority Senate Intelligence Committee: I regularly see Trumpers deny everything that was in those reports, which were very clear that there WAS Russian interference and that Trump’s campaign staff had direct compromising contact with the Russians.

Trump says Russia was a hoax, ergo it was a hoax. No further proof required.

thols2

I regularly see Trumpers deny everything that was in those reports

It’s not aimed at the Trumpers, it’s aimed at moderates, who are the voters who will determine whether the next election is won by a Trumpist or by a Democrat.

The NYT has an opinion piece on federal prosecution of Donny. I’m torn really, I think it just open the door to more partisanship. But I do think the president should be held to a higher standard than Trump has behaved.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/24/opinion/trump-prosecution.html

Superficial
    Free Member

The NYT has an opinion piece on federal prosecution of Donny. I’m torn really, I think it just open the door to more partisanship. But I do think the president should be held to a higher standard than Trump has behaved.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/24/opinion/trump-prosecution.html

I couldn’t read the article (paywall) but I agree with the sentiment. Most people seem to be wanting him to go jail out of spite rather than anything more substantial. But yes I do think he should be held to a higher standard.

Perhaps a thorough SDNY investigation which revealed him to be broke and pathetic would be perfect retribution. It’d silence and disperse the Trump crowd and ensure the rest of his klingon klan never get anywhere near a position of power. Then the old man can just die lonely with everyone knowing he’s a fraud with the worst record as president of anyone.

spawnofyorkshire

Or maybe he should go to jail because he broke the law, no spite about it, no higher standard, just hold him and his team to the letter of the law. The SDNY case is being held back because he will circumvent it whilst he’s still president, or Barr will, like they did with the impeachment and the investigation by Mueller
    Personally there would be a satisfaction about it as he’s a vile human being.

Northwind

ChrisL

I disagree, I hope that the courts take Trump to task without even the slightest whiff of influence from Biden on the matter. Any suggestion of presidential interference will inflame the situation unnecessarily.

While I agree with the principle, it won’t make any difference. I mean, we saw the other day that a republican judge appointed by a republican under Obama’s presidency was denounced as an “Obama judge” after finding against one of the ludicrous lawsuits. The post-truth community doesn’t care how much you do to try and avoid fuelling them.

thols2

thols2

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What, you mean there wasn’t any evidence for that “case” either?

Surely not. How strange.

GrahamS

Loving the delicious irony of MAGA snowflakes attempting to boycott/cancel news stations for reporting facts instead of fake news. 🤣

Apparently there are also various Republican vs MAGA vs Lbertarian factions fighting it out on Parler.

Trump’s most recent tweets are still saying he won and they are still fighting 🙄 but it looks increasingly like moderate/normal people are getting sick of his BS.

dissonance

I mean, we saw the other day that a republican judge appointed by a republican under Obama’s presidency was denounced as an “Obama judge” after finding against one of the ludicrous lawsuits.

In some ways this is understandable. Considering how the republicans have politicised the selection of judges they might just be incapable of understanding Obama didnt do exactly the same as they would.

Klunk
    Free Member

love the claiming credit for the dow going over 30,000. (he looked a broken man leaving the presser after 1min 30). The journo summed it up well “that was **** weird!”

thols2

GrahamS

love the claiming credit for the dow going over 30,000.

Especially brilliant considering Trump repeatedly claimed the stock market would plummet the instant that Biden was confirmed.

FuzzyWuzzy

Most people seem to be wanting him to go jail out of spite rather than anything more substantial

I don’t agree with this at all, I think most people want him to go to jail based on his actions. People might detest him as well but that’s largely due to what he’s done and how he’s acted.

Unfortunately I think it’s pretty unlikely he actually end up serving time, he’d be able to drag appeals on for years as he has deep pockets. Even if he was convicted it would probably be some form of house arrest and also risks ending up making him a bit of a martyr to his substantial base. It still might mean he can’t run again (assuming there’s rules on people with convictions running for office?) but that might further improve the chances of one of his offspring running (they’d almost certainly secure the Trump base). Whether they would end up being the GOP candidate would be down to how much that base is eroded by moderate Republican’s between now and then.

thols2

GrahamS

^^ that makes scary sense: having failed to convince any actual court they have evidence or a case, the next play in the Wannabe Dictator Handbook is to convene a kangaroo court and claim that is the only unbiased result.

thols2

Gotta admit, this is pretty convincing though:

https://howbidenstoletheelection.com/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The sneaky bastard.

slowoldman

Well you see that’s where Donald got it wrong. Based on 2016 he didn’t think he would need more votes than Biden and I guess he still doesn’t think he needed to this time round.

matt_outandabout

thols2

Viewing 40 posts - 3,241 through 3,280 (of 5,513 total)

The topic ‘U.S. Presidential Election 2020’ is closed to new replies.