Tywyn

Home Forum Bike Forum Tywyn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tywyn
  • Premier Icon sanername
    Subscriber

I live in London, but I’m doing an event in Tywyn tomorrow night. Having a 6 month old, I’ve not had much opportunity to get on my bike recently, so would love to use this chance to do some pedalling. Given that I’ll need to be showered and event ready by 5. Does anyone have any routes that I could do more or less on the way to Tywyn or near Tywyn or should I just take my road bike and roam free?

P.S. shameless plug: I’m screening this film and doing a Q&A:

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ozUKov0uZxo[/video]

Obvious local one is the Mach trail at Machynlleth (if its still there?). Or CyB isn’t too far away. Not sure on natural stuff although we stayed just up the coast a few times and the farmer who owns the camp site has suggested theres loads of decent biking from the door into the hills but I’ve never been sure whether his ‘decent’ would match my own 😀

rocketman

Tremendous (almost Alpine) road ride along the coast towards Fairbourne and then back via the lanes under Bird’s Rock

Premier Icon sanername
    Subscriber

Thank you both, I think Coed y B is probably worth the small diversion, especially as I’ve never been.

Now, anyone got advice for the best 2 hour ride for a fairly competent technical rider, on a hardtail, that’s a bit out of shape?

ruminant

double post

ruminant

I have family that live in Tywyn and always thought the trails leading up the hills as you come in looked interesting, but never been down with bike. As suggested, mac or cyb would be your best bet without local knowledge.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

So stalker part
    https://www.tywyncinema.co.uk/films
    That make you the director? If so congratulations, looking forward to seeing the film after the interview with Roger on Kermode and Mayo. Whats the Australian release date?

Premier Icon sanername
    Subscriber

I ended up doing one of the shorter red routes in CyB. Had some good bits, but wasn’t as great as I expected. Maybe I’ve been spoilt by spending so much time in Dumfries. The scenery around Tywyn was stunning though, especially when the sun came out.

Mike, yes I’m the director, I think the film has come out in Australia, although only a small release. Should be on download/disc soon though.

Premier Icon faustus
    Subscriber

You should have had a crack at Cadair Idris just down the road from Tywyn! Probably more fulfilling than a red at CyB and not too technical.

Premier Icon sanername
    Subscriber

Well if they invite me back to show my next film I definitely will!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.