Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Tyrwhitt shirts bargain?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

£15
    is that a proper sale or some gimmick sale?

jam-bo

Has anyone ever paid full price for one of their shirts?

Are they the DFS of the shirt world?

edd

Where can you find them for £15?

Clobber
    Free Member

Never paid full price but they seem OK for the price (offer price that is)

Gotama
    Free Member

They always tend to be on sale (4 for a £100) but that is cheaper than usual. I find they’re pretty decent quality compared to more expensive brands (Pink etc) in that they seem to fit, wash and last pretty well.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

marry it up with a nice pair of red trousers and you’re made.

Northwind

I paid £15 for mine a couple of years back. TBH they’re probably worth £15 at most, I can’t see what the fuss is, they’re no better than chain store shirts for similiar prices.

Kryton57

Is it worth buying these sale shirts over the higher end M&S shirts then, for daily wear?

njee20
    Free Member

Sorry, the £15 one is pink

(I assume) He meant compared to Thomas Pink, rather than the colour pink!

I think their shirts are excellent, for £15 a bargain. IMO they’re vastly better than M&S. Clearly Northwind isn’t so sure, so YMMV!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

no, i meant the colour pink

lodious
    Free Member

TBH, they are probably just about worth £15, but not much more. I bought 4 for £100 a few years ago and TBH I thought they were pretty poor value.

njee20
    Free Member

no, i meant the colour pink

I know you did, but I assumed (lot of that going on) that it was in response to Gotama’s comment:

I find they’re pretty decent quality compared to more expensive brands (Pink etc)

By which he means the brand Thomas Pink, ergo you have no need to apologise for the fact that the £15 offering is the colour pink. Unless you were generally apologising for it, which is weird, because pink (the colour) shirts are good!

Tracey

Brook Taverner shirts are a good quality buy when they have offers on.

edhornby

I’ve had them but although decent quality they aren’t a great fit TBH, even the extra-slim aren’t really that tailored so I’ll not bother again

because I’m super-skint I’ll stick with next/M&S/H&M

molgrips
    Free Member

they’re no better than chain store shirts for similiar prices.

I just got some non-iron ones – they certainly feel like everyday shirts rather than the lush thick twill I got from Lewins for not much more. The sewing etc seems good, will let you know in a year or two how they hold up.

However the big advantage imo is fit and choice. You get to choose collar and fit AND sleeve length; you also get to choose not only lots of colours and patterns but also weave types. I was able to choose slightly less smart shirts which will work with either a suit or casual trousers for Scandinavian/German use.

That in itself is worth a lot, but it only costs you £20. Win.

Cougar

I’m surprised, I thought CT were the STW-approved stock answer to the “what shirt for…?” thread.

I bought two a couple of months back, and though I don’t buy shirts very often it was worth the price of admission just to have something that I could do up at the neck and not have enough surplus material flapping about my prisoner of war racing snake physique to make another shirt.

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve had them but although decent quality they aren’t a great fit TBH, even the extra-slim aren’t really that tailored so I’ll not bother again

because I’m super-skint I’ll stick with next/M&S/H&M

A slim-fit CT shirt is slimmer than M&S, at least in my size (36″ chest, 14.5″ collar).

I rate CT higher than Hawes and Curtis, who are the other DFS of shirts. Haven’t tried TM Lewin yet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok, cheapest of that group and cheaper than M&S. My kids use then for school as a result. For similar money, TM Lewin are superior IMO but not like they used to be sadly.

Shirts are becoming semi-disposable these days!!!

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Worn C.T shirts for years, usually 4 for 100, think that is a reasonable price for the quality. Also come with those brass collar stiffeners if that’s your thing. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is it worth buying these sale shirts over the higher end M&S shirts then, for daily wear?

Yes..

I always used to buy the 5 for £100 every year so I had them fir work
    Spotty dog IMHO.
    Well made, a great fit, double cuffs and collar stiffeners, what’s not to love?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite like them although I’m not sure who actually pays full price for their shirts.

I think they’re better than TM Lewin shirts (the last few I bought didn’t last that long). I like the bras collar stiffners too.

Kryton57

I was in the club for 2 shorts until it applied £5 delivery charge.

njee20
    Free Member

I find them a lot better than Lewins myself. Using them as school shirts…? Srsly?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

They have graduated to TML now – with double cuffs 😉

Cheaper than school shop and M&S and TML’s blue Bengal strip slim fit is the most popular shirt among peers!

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve been using these shirts for a couple of years now, longevity is miles better than M&S and the non iron ones don’t need ironing at all, the crease on the sleeves stays in too.

Style wise they are just OK, fine for internal middle management meetings

Kryton57

fine for internal middle management meetings

Whoooah! Definately off my radar then, far to junior. I need to start a “What Shirts for European Leadership level” thread.

footflaps

Whoooah! Definately off my radar then, far to junior. I need to start a “What Shirts for European Leadership level” thread.

Polo were the shirt of choice for Silicon Valley millionaires last time I worked there…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Not in my experience, the M&S sartorial/luxury range are excellent shirts the collars never curl, they wear very well and are easy to iron 50 quid a pop but worth it.

mudshark
    Free Member

Do M&S have slim fitting ones? I didn’t see any when I looked.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I have some for work, and some lewin ones. The TM lewin ones have washed better and are a better fit. I find the CT ones too boxy, the kind of fit my dad would wear. I wouldn’t buy them again.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Tyrwhitt shirts bargain?’ is closed to new replies.