Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyres..talk to me.
  • johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Hi all I’m looking for some advice on tyres.

I’m currently using 2.4 High Roller 2s on my RS Lyrik wearing Ragley Blue Pig. I love the grip and feel and the high volume works perfectly with it being a hard tail but I’m not loving the weight for those all day rides. I have been looking around and various tyres get mentioned such as Rubber Queens, Nevegals and Purgatory Controls etc…Has any one here successfully found a High Roller “light”?

John

Northwind

Depends a bit on which HR2 it is but I’m kinda assuming it’s the foldy maxxpros. In which case, Butcher Control is about 2/3d the weight, almost the same size, and a bit grippier (depending on conditions)

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve got a Blue Pig and my rear tyre of choice is the 2.25 Ardent Exo. One of those on the back will save a fair amount of weight and roll much faster due to the shallower tread whilst still having a decent volume for absorbing bumps. Either keep the HR2 up front or swap for a Butcher Control as above.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Same sort of set up on a similar bike, used to have High Rollers now Ardents which are slightly bigger, lighter, and work exceptionally well for me. Maybe not so good in the wet but I think still ok. Only thing is they alway seem to be much more expensive.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Sorry, I should have said they are the standard single ply 60a exo sidewall jobs. Think they are 920g.

zelak999
    Free Member

Check out the new HR2s at Stif.
    I’ve bought the 3C version for the front and first impressions are its pretty good!
    Lot lighter than the 2.4 HR2 and its tubeless ready.
    Won’t bother with the 3C when it’s time to replace, the 60a version above will be fine I’m sure!! (and its cheaper).

parkesie
    Free Member

My tyres dont talk to me am i doing something wrong?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyres..talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.