tyres for wet conditions

Home Forum Bike Forum tyres for wet conditions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tyres for wet conditions
  • giddyrob

Hey,

Ive got a pitch pro with the standard eskar 2.3 2bliss tyres on. I find they grip quite well in rail type corners but as soon as its a bit wet they seem to slip out a lot.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with the tyre? I just don’t feel confident when there is a bit of mud or loose over hard pack. I run the tyres at about 30psi.

I find myself slowing down a lot more than when I ride my hardtail that has a panaracer cinder up front and a panaracer fire xc at the rear.

Any thoughts? Been looking at the high rollers and heard they are meant to be good in wet conditions. Anyone recommend those tyres?

Cheers

Rob

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

There are no magic bullet tyres for wet conditions. It’s down to skill and confidence….

giddyrob

not expecting magic tyres. But also don’t want to have a big crash in the wet cos my tyres couldn’t cope with the conditions.

Generally not lacking in confidence, just wondered if this tyre isn’t very good in the wet.

horses and courses.

Premier Icon giantjason
    Subscriber

you cant go wrong with a super tacky high roller…….grips to anything in wet or dry.

Pauly

LUST 2.35 High Roller front, LUST 2.1Medusa rear; working well for me just now.

giddyrob

cool, which compound is best to get?

I would keep eskar’s as they are fine in dry uk trail conditions.

I am in NZ at the mo and most of their trails are muddy and full of roots so tyre grip is quite important.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tyres for wet conditions’ is closed to new replies.