Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • tyres for morzine
  • trauty
    Free Member

hey folks.
    i plan to ride there and need to figure out if these tyres are good pick
    dry : DH carcass maxxis DHF+DHR 60a when its dry

but question really is. will supertacky dhf when its wet be grippy /good enough or should i take wetscream dh for wet days? and if so both tyres or just front will do?

nickc

Depends on the rain really, It can rain just overnight and your minions will be fine the next day, but it can rain for days at a time, wet screams are a good bet then.

carlphillips
    Free Member

magic mary’s come rain or shine have always done really well for me over there…fit and forget.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trauty
    Free Member

trailstar compound?

carlphillips
    Free Member

yes

sharkattack

Intermediate spikes like Magic Mary’s or Maxxis Shorty’s are great because they work in almost anything. Good in the mud, good in the soft wet in between stuff and good in dust. Perfect front tyre if drag is an issue or you need to pedal.

Last year it didn’t rain for a week before it was hard enough to take my Mary’s off and put High Rollers on.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Are you riding bike park or natural trails.
    Is it going to be pissing with rain for a week before you arrive.
    Are you racing or having fun. (if you are racing & you don’t know what tyres – you are gonna lose)
    100% chairlift or pedal up.
    road or MTB?

Throw us a bone.

trauty
    Free Member

crotchrocket.
    morzine bike park + hidden natural gems around. mostly steep enduro/dh style trails.
    pls.. read my first post.. i am hardly a road biker omg..

crotchrocket
    Free Member

how wet is wet? only you can decide. if it helps, I’ll be taking my regular set up plus 2 dirty dans (in 2.5 weeks). If i don’t need them, ill send them back to CRC on my return.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘tyres for morzine’ is closed to new replies.