Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tyres for Antur Ffestiniog…
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Going there next week, am I likely to die running Minions and/or High Rollers?

Many thanks! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Not so long as they’re dual ply with dh tubes.

Otherwise, I can’t promise anything.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

I’m also heading there next week and will be running single ply minions, I figure that I use them everywhere else in the uk so it can’t go too wrong!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grum
    Free Member

You won’t die but definitely potential for punctures with single ply tyres.

andyrm
    Free Member

Was there yesterday on my usual Chunky Monkey/Ikon combo, both tubeless, both single ply. No issues.

Northwind

Just something sensibly tough. I got on absolutely fine with my Butcher Control run tubeless, but ymmv- could have made use of more grip though (had an old supertacky highroller dualply on the front)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Was there last week ran conti rubber queens in 2.2 UST ghetto tubeless at 40psi-no problems.
    Saw a hell of a lot of riders running (all it seemed) Maxxis with pinch flats/sliced sidewalls so my advice is minimum dual ply if you are running Maxxis plus a spare set of tyre in the car- or run something with better sidewalls/volume or 5 to 10 psi extra in your Maxxis.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Cheers all, running dual ply Super Tacky compound (downhiller, none of that single ply rubbish) so should be fine.

Northwind

Oh aye, and stay on the tracks… I saw a few people who’d flatted by chickenrunning round the proper features, in some places that takes you into piles of loose slate shards. Arrowheads, basically!

(This is something I’d quite like to implement elsewhere tbh)

andypandy85
    Free Member

A chicken run? Not in this life time!

Northwind

Some of them are so epic it’s fairly hard to tell where the trail goes tbh! I watched about 20 people head off down y du, and at most 1/4 of them did the first actual line (which is a bloomin qualifier)

andypandy85
    Free Member

Looks like I could be eating my words then Northwind… 🙁

Northwind

I think everyone just follows the person before, it’s obvious when you keep your brain open but easy to get suckered onto the more ridden line. (because of the setting there’s not much to define the edge of the trail in lots of places- no grass or trees or owt).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for Antur Ffestiniog…’ is closed to new replies.